Packers-Eagles

Jetsfan80

Green Bay's pass rush is that good.

Damn right they are. When we drafted Sanchez I was praying we would get Raji instead. I'm happy with the Sanchez pick now but holy crap Raji would be awesome on this defense. He's a minie Kris Jenkins...but stays healthy. He collapses the pocket nearly every play...awesome player.

Winston Justice benched. Remember when we could have drafted Leinart and then picked up Justice and we'd have been set at LT AND have had a franchise QB?

Marcus McNeill. That's who everyone wanted. And most of us wanted Cutler. So Cutler, Mangold, McNeill. Those were the three we could have had and most Jets fans wanted. DeAngelo Williams was also somebody many posters really wanted. We still have a shot on DeAngelo actually since he's probably done in Carolina. If LT retires after we win the SB this year I'd love the DAW-Greene combo if possible.

Marcus McNeill. That's who everyone wanted. And most of us wanted Cutler. So Cutler, Mangold, McNeill. Those were the three we could have had and most Jets fans wanted. DeAngelo Williams was also somebody many posters really wanted. We still have a shot on DeAngelo actually since he's probably done in Carolina. If LT retires after we win the SB this year I'd love the DAW-Greene combo if possible.

How were they going to take DeAngelo Williams? He went at the end of round 1. Did you want him instead of Mangold? Still would have had to trade up. They weren't taking him at 4. The proper answer is Ngata. They could have taken Ngata and McNeill. That would have been nice. Otherwise Cutler and McNeill instead of D'Brick and Clemens.

The issue is that people wanted to take whoever and then roll the dice because of all this great OT talent that came out. We were supposed to take <fill in the blank> because we could take any of these 2-3 round guys and plug them in at LT. Justice went ahead of McNeill. So did Colledge. McNeill supposedly had some kind of back condition and I believe has already held out. Justice blows. Whitworth started at G and just moved to T, Colledge plays G, Spencer broke his leg and has bounced from team to team, Butler didn't even make it out of camp in '07. McNeill and Ferguson started at LT right away. Trueblood and Eric Winston started at RT and I think Trueblood has been demoted, whether he went berserk in a gas station or not.

Marcus McNeill is the hindsight pick. He actually would have required trading up in round 2 - they did that anyway. During the draft everybody was saying how it was stacked at T so Ferguson was a wasted pick. We were supposed to be satisfied with any of those guys.

My point is that D'Brick was the smart pick. If I were going to to get "creative" I'd have done it with the Mangold pick and used Kendall or hung on to Mawae another season rather than play around with LT. Obviously I'm glad with how the Mangold pick turned out.

Archived