Jets Coaching Issues

xoenrt2099

I think Rex has done a great job motivating his team and his mistakes haven't hurt them - but the coming game vs the steelers there'll be no room for error.

1. If Shonn Greene went down after the first yard marker on the last Jets TD run, the game would have been over since the Pats had 1 timeout left and the Jets could have just run out the clock with the new set of downs. instead, by scoring he made his D come back on the field and gave the Patriots some life when they scored and tried another on-side quick.

2. Cromartie… vs. colts he stayed in front of the punt and it almost hit his leg (in end the Colts wasted a challenge on this so ended up well) and then against the Patriots he ran in front of a punt again – why isn’t he just staying away? Then he picked up the on-side kick instead of just falling on it (again, it ended well – but seemed stupid).

Are these things the coach should be advising their players or am I offbase?

I think Rex has done a great job motivating his team and his mistakes haven't hurt them - but the coming game vs the steelers there'll be no room for error.

1. If Shonn Greene went down after the first yard marker on the last Jets TD run, the game would have been over since the Pats had 1 timeout left and the Jets could have just run out the clock with the new set of downs. instead, by scoring he made his D come back on the field and gave the Patriots some life when they scored and tried another on-side quick.

2. Cromartie… vs. colts he stayed in front of the punt and it almost hit his leg (in end the Colts wasted a challenge on this so ended up well) and then against the Patriots he ran in front of a punt again – why isn’t he just staying away? Then he picked up the on-side kick instead of just falling on it (again, it ended well – but seemed stupid).

1. Rex DID run towards the endzone yelling at Greene to get down before he scored the touchdown, but ultimately it was just one of those moments where he decided to congratulate him, just caught up in the emotion.

2. The incident you describe vs. the Colts was NOT Cromartie, it was Holmes. After that happened, Holmes was taken off of punt return duties. Problem solved.

Cromartie probably should have fallen on the onside kick, yes.

I'm pretty sure the reviewed punt return in Indy was Homles. Not Cro. not 100% but that's what I remember. I'm with you on those calls, but we are looking at them in Hindsight. I lost it when greene went in the endzone and I think it's hard to get outside for the first time all day and stop before the endzone. I think Rex has been improving with game mgmt and hopefully it will continue in Pittsburgh

1. I don't know that it was a mistake. That TD put them up 28-14 with 1:45 left in the game. Yes it gave the Pats the ball back, but they had to score two TDs in a minute and a half to win the game. What if Greene falls down on the one, and we fumble the snap only up 1 score? I know it's unlikely, but so is scoring 2 TD's in 1:45. If the #3 defensive team in the league can't hold a 2 TD lead with 1:45 left on the clock, they don't deserve to win. I think way too much of this is being made.

2. It wasn't Cromartie, it was Holmes, and he wasn't on the field for another punt return for the rest of the game after that.

1. Rex admitted they would have been better off taking the knee. They will correct it.

Silver lining...this probably gets Greene that much confident for this game.

2. As many have said it was indeed Holmes. And from what Westhoff has indicated Holmes will

not see the field during punt returns.

Welcome to Jets Nation. Who are you and where are you from? I am exceedingly suspicious of new people (JiF can confirm) and I want to make sure that you are not a sleeper sent here to talk football as a clever ruse before trying to get me to buy inferior non-authentic NFL merchandise.

It's a coaching issue when your #3 and #4 punt returners almost make mistakes?

Why mention Rex? Seems like that is Westhoff's job. The way everybody kisses that guy's a$$ he should have things running smoothly down to 5th string.

There will be no room for error? I thought we had to play a perfect game to beat the Patriots. We managed to do that even while mistakenly scoring touchdowns.

Archived