Hey It Was A Great Season

SoFlaJets

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the answer lies in the middle. yesterday was a failure but the season was not.

exactly-I was a proud Jets fan walking around for most of this football season and when my green hoodie arrives this week I'll wear it with pride as long as it's cool down here

My biggest issue with Schotty is his continued inability to get plays into Sanchez quickly in crunch time. How many times this year have we seen Sanchez screaming at the sideline to get him a play while Schotty fumbles with his playbook?

This is something that absolutely needs to be addressed.

I think sanchez will have a big say in schotty's fate. Can't see us canning him if the kid campaigns for him..

I think sanchez will have a big say in schotty's fate. Can't see us canning him if the kid campaigns for him..

This and Rex loves him. Its pretty obvious. Rex has nothing but confidence in him and lets him run the offense. When you start seeing those sideline mic'd up moments, its clear that Rex makes decision on when or what to go for, sometimes run or pass, but he's not involved with what gets called when.

The Jets have a good coaching staff, imo. I'd like to see the continuity.

Brian Schottenheimer didn't lose that game for us yesterday. Ironically, it was Rex's vaunted defense that couldn't make the crucial stop on that 3rd and 6...oh yea Chan and as to the naked girl thing I'm sure I probably took care of business when I got home that night being that I was like a zoo monkey when it came to that stuff...ahem, you know when I was young (turning away slowly, whistling)

Brian Schottenheimer didn't lose that game for us yesterday. Ironically, it was Rex's vaunted defense that couldn't make the crucial stop on that 3rd and 6...oh yea Chan and as to the naked girl thing I'm sure I probably took care of business when I got home that night being that I was like a zoo monkey when it came to that stuff...ahem, you know when I was young (turning away slowly, whistling)

The NYJETS didnt show up in the first half of this game. If they had they would be the AFC CHAMPS. Holmes is telling you about the game plan that = Schotte.

The NYJETS didnt show up in the first half of this game. If they had they would be the AFC CHAMPS. Holmes is telling you about the game plan that = Schotte.

I didn't watch any of the post game stuff veejay-too painful. All I know is what I saw from this team since September, a team that gave me 14 great weeks to only 5 bad ones. The reason I say 14 instead of just the 13 winning weeks is because that Chicago loss we were INCHES away from another last minute win and the play call on that last INT was a gutsy call and then we found out during Rex's PC that we had made the playoffs which to my count equals a GREAT season that gave me almost 3 times as much joy than unhappiness.

**** THIS sh*t.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

ah come on DeeJay-tell me the Jets didn't make us a happy clan almost 3X as much as they made us miserable this year. Of course the SB would have been great and all but we showed ourselves to be a damn good team with a pretty exciting QB that we can have faith in...

I didn't watch any of the post game stuff veejay-too painful. All I know is what I saw from this team since September, a team that gave me 14 great weeks to only 5 bad ones. The reason I say 14 instead of just the 13 winning weeks is because that Chicago loss we were INCHES away from another last minute win and the play call on that last INT was a gutsy call and then we found out during Rex's PC that we had made the playoffs which to my count equals a GREAT season that gave me almost 3 times as much joy than unhappiness.

Agreed SFJ the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row. This game was ours. Play calling all but surely ended our Super Bowl appearance.

ah come on DeeJay-tell me the Jets didn't make us a happy clan almost 3X as much as they made us miserable this year. Of course the SB would have been great and all but we showed ourselves to be a damn good team with a pretty exciting QB that we can have faith in...

I'm not gonna watch the White Trash Bowl.

I wouldn't be pissed if we PLAYED a full game.

We played HALF a game.

NOT. FAIR. TO. US.

My biggest issue with Schotty is his continued inability to get plays into Sanchez quickly in crunch time. How many times this year have we seen Sanchez screaming at the sideline to get him a play while Schotty fumbles with his playbook?

This is something that absolutely needs to be addressed.

+1

I agree with CTM's overall take, but I don't agree with the letdown aspect.

The problem with the tackling in the first half was that the Jets got JAG'd. The Jets have a lot of JAGs in the front 7. They played to their nature. They improved in the second half, but they still got JAG'd on the critical final possession.

The Jets need to up the talent level in the front 7 big time.

Archived