Does Mallet have more upside than Cutler had?

Matt39

Thoughts?

Some of Mallets throws during the Bowl game had me with the :jawdrop: look.

Even though this class pretty much stinks, if he keeps his head on straight, I dont think its even close who's the best QB in this class.

Very interesting comparison. Two strong-armed sociopath QBs. The main difference is that Cutler--despite being a giant jackhole--is high-end intelligent and Mallett is, er, not. I wouldn't draft him.

Very interesting comparison. Two strong-armed sociopath QBs. The main difference is that Cutler--despite being a giant jackhole--is high-end intelligent and Mallett is, er, not. I wouldn't draft him.

Believe it or not they had the same Wonderlic scores- 26.

Was at Michigan for a year.

I guess this is my one going out on a limb pick. The drug/partying issues are huge though.

No sh*t? Never would have guessed that. That'll teach me to racially profile.

I see what you did there.

The partying is a large concern obviously, but on the field the big difference to me between Cutler and Mallett on the field is that Cutler's considerably more mobile. If Mallett can work on his footwork in the pocket and feel the rush well he'll be fine (Manning and Brady have more functional mobility than speed/athleticism), but it ts a concern. Not that young QB's do well on teams with bad OL's anyway, but I think Mallett would get absolutely destroyed.

The one common thread that the good QBs have is that they're all obsessive freaks about film study and preparation. It doesn't matter what kind of tools they come in with, if they're not sitting in a film room for 40 hours per week, theyre going to fail. Even someone as gifted as Mike Vick learned that the hard way. The question is, is Mallett going to do that, or are you going to hand him $30 mil in cash which he uses to buy a mansion full of skanks and weed and retire immediately?

Archived