Can the Magic beat the Hawks?

Blackout

I don't mean today, I mean for the series.

Going into this series I would have thought the Magic would have walked right through them just like they did last season, but that sure doesnt look like its going to happen. Last year the Hawks probably paid more attention to stopping Howard and the other guys tore them up. Lewis, Carter, and Nelson all had big games with essentially nobody covering them. This year they are covering those perimeter guys and they havent dont a thing. People are going to look back at the decision to bring back Turkoglu as a big disaster. Hes been horrendous and looks so old. I know they were hoping to catch lightning in a bottle since he fit in so well in their Finals trip and meshed great with Dwight, but its painfully obvious that it wasnt leaving the Magic that made him ineffective. Its just being old.

Going into this series I would have thought the Magic would have walked right through them just like they did last season, but that sure doesnt look like its going to happen. Last year the Hawks probably paid more attention to stopping Howard and the other guys tore them up. Lewis, Carter, and Nelson all had big games with essentially nobody covering them. This year they are covering those perimeter guys and they havent dont a thing. People are going to look back at the decision to bring back Turkoglu as a big disaster. Hes been horrendous and looks so old. I know they were hoping to catch lightning in a bottle since he fit in so well in their Finals trip and meshed great with Dwight, but its painfully obvious that it wasnt leaving the Magic that made him ineffective. Its just being old.

It'll be interesting to see how a first-round ouster affects Dwight Howard's willingness to come back to Orlando. Without question, Stan Van Gundy is toast because it looks like every player he has has tuned him out completely. Maybe they just let Dwight hire the next coach and pray that it works out. Patrick Ewing?

Howard is gonna be as good as gone, you can just see how insanely frustrated he is getting with his team and coach. He understand it at a young age that winning is the most important, he's gonna end up on a contender either by trade or via free agency after next season. I'll bet my house on it, that unless there's a blockbuster trade bringing in a superstar to orlando, howard is gone.

Archived