Edwards sold NJ Home, Moved back to Michigan

flgreen

Jets' Edwards no longer living in New Jersey: report

Jets Blog

POST STAFF REPORT

Last Updated: 12:40 PM, May 23, 2011

Posted: 12:10 PM, May 23, 2011

More Print

Braylon Edwards has moved out of New Jersey, but he'd like to move back.

NJ.com reports the free agent Jets wide receiver has sold his home in the area and is again living in Michigan, waiting out the NFL lockout with his future in doubt.

Edwards, who was traded to the Jets during the 2009 season, told the website he would like to stay with the team.

During the "Jets West" passing camp run by Mark Sanchez last month, Edwards asked the quarterback what he thought the team's plans were.

"He gave me what he could, saying he really wanted me back," Edwards said Sunday at a charity event at Six Flags in Jackson, N.J. "He wanted me to keep working with him, because even if I didn’t come back, he wanted to see me be the best."

Edwards, a key Jets free agent along with fellow receivers Santonio Holmes, Brad Smith and cornerback Antonio Cromartie, is facing a summertime trial for DWI charges. A recent ruling pushed the next court date to late July, when NFL training camps normally would begin.

"Sticking to generalities, without getting too in detail, (going to trial) is what we want," Edwards said. "We feel that night happened a little differently than what they say, so we’ll see what happens."

Edwards free-agent status is dependent upon the NFL and its players reaching a new collective bargaining agreement. The league has locked out the players since March.

Edwards played at the University of Michigan.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_edwards_no_longer_living_in_OG2lcZxcYWA8XA7a8Pw3ZI#ixzz1NCK1WQfz

yeah, here's the problem: Braylon gets found guilty and the NFL decides to sit'em for four weeks. Then What?

Most they can sit him is one. First offense. The midget punching doesn't count. The real problem is how is his probation in Ohio going to react to a DWI?

They could put him in jail

Archived