Copy of Document received by players from league

Lupz27

If I'm reading this correctly the cap will be more like 127 million for 2011, with the 3 million borrowing and 3+ million veteran exception.

That's enough to pay Edwards this year so we could have another 20 million to round out our roster if Tanny taps into the full restructuring options.

If I'm reading this correctly the cap will be more like 127 million for 2011, with the 3 million borrowing and 3+ million veteran exception.

That's enough to pay Edwards this year so we could have another 20 million to round out our roster if Tanny taps into the full restructuring options.

I read the same thing and do not get what you think they can do.

Can someone explain if this pro player argument is accurate- I admit I have not the faintist of what's actually happening. Jason, Tom anyone who's smart

the NFL moved the goal post so far that what the players "won" was keeping shyt the same. no full contact 2-a-days is winning? shortening OTAs, and things of this nature preserve players, which is in the best interest of the owers as well. the players didn't want a rookie scale, as rookie's high contracts push everyone's contracts UP. sure, you had vets mad at the amount rookies were getting, but that was misguided at the end of the day and not something they were fighting for, but against...so they lost the rookie scale argument. the plantiffs in their case get nothing, so they lose again. then they lost the most important thing in this negotiation...money. and the NFL is due to reup on their TV deal during the CBA, all money the players will never see again. lmao @ a benefits package they have to buy into being a "win"....making the owners spend the money is the only real win the players got, which is relative since the cap was lowered, meaning salaries as a whole will be lowered. the whole, "owners have to pay their gains back into the players" is a bunch of BS, when you just stop and think for half a second that the players STILL haven't seen the NFLs books...even after all of this...add in the owners trying to sneak and take that TV money to tide them over during the lockout on the sly...these guys will find a way to make it look good, while pocketing that money and no one will know.

concerning the switching of language, anyone thinking this is small potatoes is an idiot. you don't sign a contract you haven't read and thoroughly scrutinized, or do none of you know who Don King is

the argument that supplemental revenue doesn't concern the players is also bullsh*t...it may be between the owners, but it may end up being a shell game where the owners can siphon off money and claim it for themselves, exempt from the players share...which is why it's not okay to sneak shyt in. the players need to know how that money is being distributed and where it's going to make sure their share is accounted for fully.

another issue of the players is being forced to recertify before the lockout is lifted. the whole "you can do it electronically" isn't just a matter of speeding things along, it's that the players become subject to the CBA before being fully reinstated, which isn't right. they threw in some disciplinary language at the last minute as well...who knows if any of it is retroactive to when they didn't even have a job...which is some bullshyt as well.

http://es.pn/nNutZK

I hope the shortened link works it's a 25 page PDF file that's why I'm only posting link.

It says no performance enhanced bonuses in 2011 instead that money will count as cap space what does that mean.

Calling Jason

I just posted something at http://nyjetscap.com/capupdate.php on the document details.

As for PBP, I believe that they are referring to money that used to go to players who were deemed to have outperformed their contractual pay level, primarily going to first contract players. I think I remember Dwight Lowery getting a rather sizeable bonus in 2008 since he started most of the year and was making peanuts. That money sounds as if it will simply be distriuted to the teams in qual proportion to simply adjust the salary cap with the intent to protect veterans from being released.

I just posted something at http://nyjetscap.com/capupdate.php on the document details.

As for PBP, I believe that they are referring to money that used to go to players who were deemed to have outperformed their contractual pay level, primarily going to first contract players. I think I remember Dwight Lowery getting a rather sizeable bonus in 2008 since he started most of the year and was making peanuts. That money sounds as if it will simply be distriuted to the teams in qual proportion to simply adjust the salary cap with the intent to protect veterans from being released.

Thanks for the response Jason, so it's def gonna be 123, and possibly 126+ million in cap this year if you borrow from future cap space, and the other complicated thing happening. That will really help the Jets get 1 more talented veteran in here sweet.

Archived