Jets have made offer to free-agent CB Antonio Cromartie

F.Chowds

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ClaytonESPN John Clayton

As part of the Jets hectic pace on getting Antonio Cromartie under contract, they are calling around on trades to clear cap room.

Wonder who we are trying to trade?

UGH! Why do we need to clear cap room? We had plenty. We have barely spent it... Buress, Holmes barely count against the cap. Then there's Hunter, Turner, E.Smith, Folk... not much there.

Why do we want Cro? I'm sure Kyle Wilson can give up 16 yard completions on 3rd and 15 just as well.

Great question we brought him in because Pierre Garçon burned us in the AFC championship game. Guess what he did the same thing to Cromartie last year :blink:

The Jets definetely got played to some extent. I watched the Nnamdi Interview this morning and he said Both Micheal Vick and Desean Jackson were texting with him the ENTIRE offseason which tells me the Eagles were in on this deal the entire time.

There is a good chance the Eagles knew this would keep the Jets tied up, allowing them (eagles) to go after other free agents then swoop in and nail Nnamdi at the last minute. No wonder the guy who stated he wanted to play for the NY Jets held out until the last minute before the big so called surprise signing. It makes sense since the Eagles made a ton of free Agent Moves and they know the Jets are usually big players in the Free Agent market.

Yes. It makes sense that Nnamdi was just a big diversion to make us miss out on the opportunity to back up the Brinks truck for Jason Babin and Cullen Jenkins.

The Eagles are a huge joke. If Nnamdi or anybody else thinks his best chance for a championship is praying Vick's fastball holds up the second time through the order, he is dumb and a loser, end of story.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton

As part of the Jets hectic pace on getting Antonio Cromartie under contract, they are calling around on trades to clear cap room.

Wonder who we are trying to trade?

The bigger question is: how much money are we looking to pay Cromartie? I have a bad feeling we're about to do something stupid.

The bigger question is: how much money are we looking to pay Cromartie? I have a bad feeling we're about to do something stupid.

Well if the NYJETS would have offered him something decent in good faith instead of screwing around with Aso we might not be in this mess. Aso and his agent bent Rex and Tanne over!

According to some reports, the Jets are now in the lead to re-sign CB Antonio Cromartie, who has become their number one priority after they failed to sign CB Nnamdi Asomugha. The Gang Green reportedly have made Cromartie an offer that's bigger than what he has seen so far from other teams.

According to some reports, the Jets are now in the lead to re-sign CB Antonio Cromartie, who has become their number one priority after they failed to sign CB Nnamdi Asomugha. The Gang Green reportedly have made Cromartie an offer that's bigger than what he has seen so far from other teams.

SOURCE!

Name the SOURCE!

I'm wondering how much Asante Samuel would cost, both in draft picks and in $$$$$.

Isn't he more effective in zone coverage? Not a lot of man to man... at least that's what I've heard from all the talking heads.

Isn't he more effective in zone coverage? Not a lot of man to man... at least that's what I've heard from all the talking heads.

That's what I think as well thinking back to his NE days. Getting Samuel would take a 3rd or more and his current contract pays him big the next few years. I would forget about him.

Guest Jpf4671

Adam Schefter

Whatever happened with this? This was almost 10 hours ago, not a word on it since...

Schefter and Clayton have been an embarrassment all week,..Jay Glazer and Schein to me have separated themselves from the field,..the rest of these guys are all one step above incarcerated fraud at this point

Archived