Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady

GangisGreen

Manning... no question.

Manning is like a robot, if you blink or mess up even once for a split second he will make you pay. Like last season in the playoffs, we were playing the colts tight, and we make one little coverage error and he scores a TD to garçon in one play. I've never seen a QB, expose defenses, run an offense, execute plays as well as Manning does. The issue is that Manning has played on mediocre teams his entire career, you take manning off the colts and they may not win 3 games, you take brady off the pats and as we saw they go 11-5. If Manning and Brady played on the opposite team, the Pats would have won 5+ super bowls with Manning, and The colts would have won none with Brady. I get so sick and tired of this debate because anyone who isn't driven by sensationalism can clearly see that Peyton Manning plays the quarterback position better than Brady. Peyton has constantly had to deal with deficient teams and incompetent coaching from Jim Mora to Jim Caldwell and an average Dungy as opposed to a genius in Belichick that Brady has had since his rookie year. The Patriots teams since have 2001 have always been good, Tom Brady has never been on a team with a losing record, he has never faced any adversity like this while Peyton has with losing records early on in his career. Truth is, I am not scared of Brady at all, he is a front runner, and the thing with front runners is that they look amazing when they beat up on people lesser than them, but when someone stands up to them and actually goes toe to toe with them, they get discouraged and wave the white flag and look incredibly average. So, no question Peyton scares me more, because I have never seen a QB that can so methodically rip apart a defense with so little around him from the coach down.

Jumped out of lurk mode for this one...

This is the same type of debate I used to have in the 90s with regard to Barry and Emmit. Barry got sh!t done on an insane level with average talent and crappy coaching around him. Emmit was beasting because of his line, his coaching staff, weapons on the outside and TE, and defense. You put Barry on Dallas, maybe 5 SBs. Same thing here, you put Payton on NE, at least 5 SBs by now.

Emmit was great, Barry was better.

Brady is great, Manning is better.

All that said, to answer your question I fear Brady because of what he has around him.

Meshawn

Archived