Rex Ryan dept. : " Same old Ryan ? . . Then Jets aren't flyin' " ~ ~ ~

kelly

I love this sh*t. Publicly doubt Rex Ryan. That is exactly what he wants.

Obviously, Rex needs to get better. That goes unsaid, because he hasnt won a SB. He's only a 2nd year HC and I'd expect him to improve just like players.

That said, while I get that some people point the finger at Rex Ryan for not having the team ready to go...IMO, its a little silly. He had the playes in the right position, they just couldnt tackle. Its not like they completely out smarted/witted us, we were in position and just didnt make the play. Can you blame the coach for that, I guess so, but I doubt he did anything different when playing the Steelers than he did when facing the Colts and Pats the weeks before (which in itself is quite an accomplishment and kind of shoots this article down as a whole).

I love this sh*t. Publicly doubt Rex Ryan. That is exactly what he wants.

Obviously, Rex needs to get better. That goes unsaid, because he hasnt won a SB. He's only a 2nd year HC and I'd expect him to improve just like players.

That said, while I get that some people point the finger at Rex Ryan for not having the team ready to go...IMO, its a little silly. He had the playes in the right position, they just couldnt tackle. Its not like they completely out smarted/witted us, we were in position and just didnt make the play. Can you blame the coach for that, I guess so, but I doubt he did anything different when playing the Steelers than he did when facing the Colts and Pats the weeks before (which in itself is quite an accomplishment and kind of shoots this article down as a whole).

I agree with both the article and you each to an extent. They definitely kind of blew their load with the Pats and came out super flat, but as you said, a lot of that was also execution based. The first half tackling was atrocious, but the coaching also isn't blameless. I know Schotty is the OC, and that moron deserves plenty of blame, but Rex is the head coach and there's no reason he should've allowed that ridiculous pass attempt at the end of the half that ultimately made the Jets deficit 24 points instead of 17, in a game they lost by 5 points. The fact is there was no part of the team who didn't deserve a share of the blame for that loss and everyone, from the head coach to the last guy on the active roster, need to make the necessary changes to take that next step.

I know this kind of article pisses a lot of you guys off, but I love them.

It plays right into Rex's hands. The us against the world thing. Granted, the Steelers loss kind of falls on Ryan. They were surly flat when they came out, and gave up 24 points.

On the other hand he had them flying high against the Pats who had beaten them 45-3. No simple feat to get their confidence back up. Unfortunately it took all the gas out of them for the first 30 minutes. As it turned out they came out fired up the second half. Sounds like sour grapes, but I couldn't help but think they just ran out of time.

This team will be ready to play again this year. This kind of article, and Rex's bravado, will get them deep into the playoffs once again.

The one thing the article is right about is Sanchez. It's on him. He has to deliver for the Jets to move past the AFC Championship game.

I love these kind of articles

I agree with both the article and you each to an extent. They definitely kind of blew their load with the Pats and came out super flat, but as you said, a lot of that was also execution based. The first half tackling was atrocious, but the coaching also isn't blameless. I know Schotty is the OC, and that moron deserves plenty of blame, but Rex is the head coach and there's no reason he should've allowed that ridiculous pass attempt at the end of the half that ultimately made the Jets deficit 24 points instead of 17, in a game they lost by 5 points. The fact is there was no part of the team who didn't deserve a share of the blame for that loss and everyone, from the head coach to the last guy on the active roster, need to make the necessary changes to take that next step.

I'm with ya, I think he needs to improve and get more involved in play calls...but again, I dont think you blame Rex for them coming out flat. Ultimately, sure, the finger is pointed at the guy in charge...but do you really think for 1 second that we did anything different or take the Steelers less serious than the Pats or Colts. Come'on. We know how bad Rex wants this, I'm sure his approach didnt change at all. He openly admitted numerous times Big Ben was harder to prepare for in a lot of ways.

Why we couldnt tackle? Who knows.

I'm with ya, I think he needs to improve and get more involved in play calls...but again, I dont think you blame Rex for them coming out flat. Ultimately, sure, the finger is pointed at the guy in charge...but do you really think for 1 second that we did anything different or take the Steelers less serious than the Pats or Colts. Come'on. We know how bad Rex wants this, I'm sure his approach didnt change at all. He openly admitted numerous times Big Ben was harder to prepare for in a lot of ways.

Why we couldnt tackle? Who knows.

Yeah, definitely hear you on that. My issue with the coaching staff has a lot more to do with that ridiculous strip-sack TD which very well could have been the difference between what happened and a Super Bowl appearance. Bottom line though is that for all the finger pointing anyone wants to try to do in that game, not a single player on offense or defense showed up for that first half, and that's the real reason they lost.

Media morons talking crap again. Yeah, it's completely Rex's fault that the team played poorly in the first half. It had nothing to do with the players or the other team playing GREAT. It's such bullsh*t, the way they constantly find scapegoats like that to blame, while ignoring the actual facts. They just wanna bash Rex because it's the cool thing to do when someone doesn't follow that narrow line of being politically correct. Screw them. People really buy too much in "oh the coach didn't motivate them enough" BULLsh*t. The team is trying to get to the superbowl. If that isn't motivation enough I don't know what is. And do you really think Ryan was just not motivating them at all before the game?? Hell no. They got outplayed, plain and simple.

Archived