Henne said Orton chants made him sad

Klecko73isGod

Not really. Henne went 5-for-18 for 55 yards in that game. His team won 10-6. The Jets red zone deficiencies lost that game more than anyone on the Dolphins side did to "win" it for them.

We had a pretty damn good defense last year and our defense is primed to be "elite" status this year player. We got tons of bodies on our D-line and our linebacking corps is going to be much improved.

We had a pretty damn good defense last year and our defense is primed to be "elite" status this year player. We got tons of bodies on our D-line and our linebacking corps is going to be much improved.

I wouldn't quite go that far.

In raw stats, the Dolphins allowed the 6th fewest yards and the 14th most points and ranked 7th vs. the rush and 8th vs the pass (despite only intercepting 11 passes, fifth worst in the league.)

That might lead someone to assume their defense was "pretty damn good."

But according to CTM's favorite nerds over at Football Outsiders, the Dolphins defense ranked 10th overall and 8th in weighted D (meaning they played better at the end of the year.)

However, while the Dolphins rush D was ranked 3rd by FO, their pass D ranked an abysmal 23rd, not good when you play in a pass happy league like the NFL. It also brings into question their high ranking in rush defense. Did teams simply not run so much against the Dolphins because it was THAT much easier to pass on them? Hmmmm. :huh:

So while the raw stats suggest a "pretty damn good defense" to a typical, fist-pumping, Jersey Shore cast reject such as yourself, a deeper, more insightful look at the stats show a fairly mediocre defense.

What else is new? :rolleyes:

More on the Dolphins QB situation. L-O-*******-L.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/the-favre-watch-is-on-in-miami/

The Favre watch is on in Miami

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT

After swinging and missing on Kyle Orton and settling for Matt Moore and with a possible win-now-or-else mandate, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano apparently is thinking about trying to lure Brett Favre to Miami.

Sparano isn’t saying whether he is or isn’t, or whether he will or won’t. Per Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Sparano said simply that he can’t say that it won’t happen.

“I can’t rule anything out,” Sparano said. “I’m giving you the only answer I can give you.”

In other words: Gentlemen, start your tractors. Favre Watch IV has officially begun.

Inspection of Kelly’s timeline on Twitter hints that Kelly and others at the Sun-Sentinel aren’t just shooting spitballs. This is the trial balloon phase of the courtship of Brett Favre, and if the reaction in Miami isn’t overwhelmingly negative (or if it’s remotely positive) the thing will move to the next level.

The news comes only a couple of weeks after the Eagles briefly were linked to Favre. Somehow, the Eagles will now have an even bigger circus than they would have had with Favre.

And if Favre to Miami happens, he’ll play the Eagles.

And he’ll play the Jets twice.

And he’ll play twice in two weeks in the Meadowlands.

Just when it seemed that this season couldn’t get more interesting, it’s getting more interesting.

Someone please, please bump and quote the threads with the Phins fans claiming Henne is better than Sanchez, and even worse, Jets fans acknowledging their point.

It was so retarded to anyone that had eyes and football sense, which we know Phins fans don't but it was depressing to see so many JN posters join them in their ineptitude.

I wouldn't quite go that far.

In raw stats, the Dolphins allowed the 6th fewest yards and the 14th most points and ranked 7th vs. the rush and 8th vs the pass (despite only intercepting 11 passes, fifth worst in the league.)

That might lead someone to assume their defense was "pretty damn good."

But according to CTM's favorite nerds over at Football Outsiders, the Dolphins defense ranked 10th overall and 8th in weighted D (meaning they played better at the end of the year.)

However, while the Dolphins rush D was ranked 3rd by FO, their pass D ranked an abysmal 23rd, not good when you play in a pass happy league like the NFL. It also brings into question their high ranking in rush defense. Did teams simply not run so much against the Dolphins because it was THAT much easier to pass on them? Hmmmm. :huh:

So while the raw stats suggest a "pretty damn good defense" to a typical, fist-pumping, Jersey Shore cast reject such as yourself, a deeper, more insightful look at the stats show a fairly mediocre defense.

lol touche.

Someone please, please bump and quote the threads with the Phins fans claiming Henne is better than Sanchez, and even worse, Jets fans acknowledging their point.

It was so retarded to anyone that had eyes and football sense, which we know Phins fans don't but it was depressing to see so many JN posters join them in their ineptitude.

There was a point and time where I thought he was better than Sanchez. Not so much anymore. I still think Sanchez is nothing to write home about but he has an excellent coach, great defense, one of the best O-Line's in the league and pretty good weapons around him.

Good one, D4

But LOL @ Matt Williamson on ESPN.com. You know Matt. The guy who vehemently argued that Chad Henne is better than Sanchez and will be a better QB than Sanchez.

Chad Henne says it's sad that fans chant for Orton. Sanchez has a picture of the Daily News' "Broadway Shmoe" backpage in his bedroom when he bangs HS chicks as motivation to shutup the haters.

Henne would absolutely wilt in NY.

Good one, D4

But LOL @ Matt Williamson on ESPN.com. You know Matt. The guy who vehemently argued that Chad Henne is better than Sanchez and will be a better QB than Sanchez.

Chad Henne says it's sad that fans chant for Orton. Sanchez has a picture of the Daily News' "Broadway Shmoe" backpage in his bedroom when he bangs HS chicks as motivation to shutup the haters.

Henne would absolutely wilt in NY.

Wilt? He would have committed suicide by now.

EDIT: Woops, bumped the wrong Orton thread. My bad.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/06/tebow-says-quotes-were-taken-out-of-context/

Tebow says quotes were taken out of context

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 6, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT

Tim Tebow knows his comments to Woody Paige about having the starting job in Denver “grabbed back away” caused a stir, but he says the remarks didn’t come out like he intended.

“I have all the respect in the world for Mr. Paige, but sometimes when you are doing interviews . . . I don’t feel like it was exactly how it came out,” Tebow said to reporters Friday via DenverBroncos.com. “I think he’s a great reporter and it’s nothing against him. It just came out not how it was supposed to be. Not how it was meant.”

Tebow later said the quote was taken out of context. (That seems to be going around these days.)

We think the quote just came in a rare unguarded, honest moment. For a minute, Tebow just said how he felt as a young pro without trying to say the right thing to the media. A day later, he didn’t own his own words.

He now says he never felt the job was his. That he wants “to work” for anything he gets.

The second-year quarterback seems to be struggling with how much to tune out the quarterback controversy.

“I’ll tell you this, just my own nature; I am very much a people pleaser. I like making people smile. I like making people laugh. I like pleasing people — whatever, coaches, teammates. So when I hear criticism, I hear negativity, on one hand, I try to block it out,” Tebow said. “But on the other, I hear it, and it motivates me, not that I necessarily need more motivation. . . . If anything, I appreciate it. I really do.”

Tebow reportedly had his best practice of camp Friday.

Ultimately, that’s Tebow’s best path to pleasing people.

Archived