Kenrick Ellis

TNJet

I think Kenrick is just as good of a D lineman as Wilkerson. Its just that they are two different types of players, but equally dangerous. One thing I think is amazing about Ellis is his motor and speed for such a big man. I saw him fighting against Robert Turner in the latest video on Jets.com and he uses a couple spin moves and looks to have the hand fighting skills of a pass rushing DE.He looked as if he was getting the better of Turner. I'm super pumped about Kenrick even more so than Wilk, don't know why unless its because I have the feeling we really got a steal in the 3rd round. Also I guess its the fact that hes so massive and athletic, like a younger version of Kris Jenkins perhaps with more speed even though he's 6-5 and 350. Cant wait to see the big man in the middle next to Wilk and see them dominate when he gives Pouha a break in games. Our depth is the best its been in years, and if we god forbid were to lose a starter to injury, someone would be available to pick up the slack consistently.

I think Kenrick is just as good of a D lineman as Wilkerson. Its just that they are two different types of players, but equally dangerous. One thing I think is amazing about Ellis is his motor and speed for such a big man. I saw him fighting against Robert Turner in the latest video on Jets.com and he uses a couple spin moves and looks to have the hand fighting skills of a pass rushing DE.He looked as if he was getting the better of Turner. I'm super pumped about Kenrick even more so than Wilk, don't know why unless its because I have the feeling we really got a steal in the 3rd round. Also I guess its the fact that hes so massive and athletic, like a younger version of Kris Jenkins perhaps with more speed even though he's 6-5 and 350. Cant wait to see the big man in the middle next to Wilk and see them dominate when he gives Pouha a break in games. Our depth is the best its been in years, and if we god forbid were to lose a starter to injury, someone would be available to pick up the slack consistently.

I share your enthusiasim for K. Ellis. I watched him in the Senior Bowl, and he was man handling o-lineman. If it were not for some off of the field issues, he would have gone in the second round or possible first round. I was just glad he was on the board when we picked in the third. I am looking forward to good things from him.

I watched some video and the last thing I was thinking was motor. I like the pick, but I think NTs take longer to become men in the league and the Jets need Wilkerson to step up now. Ellis can be slowly worked into the mix.

That seems to be exactly what's happening. Ellis was mentioned in the presser yesterday,between all the raving about Wilkerson, and pretty much it was said that in college he got by using his speed and size, but in the NFL, he has to learn technique.

Archived