Projecting the 53 Man Roster

Doggin94it

Set, locked roster spots in Blue. Bubble players in red.

Offense (23.5)

QB (3)

Mark Sanchez

Mark Brunell

Greg McElroy

RB (4)

Shonn Greene

LaDanian Tomlinson

Joe McKnight

Bilal Powell

FB (1)

John Connor

TE (3)

Dustin Keller

Matt Mulligan

Jeff Cumberland (Fighting with Zinger for 2 spots)

WR (6)

Santonio Holmes

Plaxico Burress

Derrick Mason

Jeremy Kerley

Scott McKnight

Michael Campbell (fighting with Turner, Payne, and Courtney Smith for 2 spots)

OL (7.5)

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Matt Slauson

Nick Mangold

Brandon Moore

Wayne Hunter

Rob Turner

Vladimir Ducasse

Matt Kroul (Not sure if anyone on the roster is really going to push him for this slot. Maybe Zane Taylor)

Defense(26.5)

DL (7.5)

Mike Devito

Sione Pouha

Muhammed Wilkerson

Ropati Pitoitua

Kenrick Ellis

Marcus Dixon

Martin Teveseau

Matt Kroul (Jarron Gilbert could force his way into that rotation in place of any of the last three, but I think he's the odd man out at the moment)

LB (9)

Calvin Pace

Bart Scott

David Harris

Bryan Thomas

Jamaal Westerman

Garrett McIntyre

Nick Bellore

Lance Laury

Josh Mauga

(any of those last 4 could lose their roster spot if another player - at LB or any other position - makes a case to stay on the roster. I listed them in order of least likely to be cut to most likely).

DB (10)

Darrelle Revis

Antonio Cromartie

Kyle Wilson

Donald Strickland

Jim Leonhard

Dwight Lowery

Eric Smith

Brodney Poole

Marquice Cole

Julian Posey (Cole should really be in purple - he's almost a lock to make the squad, IMO, and Posey seems to be the UDFA they like best. But Byron Landor, Ellis Lankster, and a few other players may force their way on the squad - perhaps at the expense of Mauga rather than any of these guys)

Special Teams (3)

Tanner Purdum

Nick Novak

Chris Bryan (I think Novak and Bryan win their respective competitions with Folk and Conley)

Thoughts?

Set, locked roster spots in Blue. Bubble players in red.

Offense (23.5)

QB (3)

Mark Sanchez

Mark Brunell

Greg McElroy

RB (4)

Shonn Greene

LaDanian Tomlinson

Joe McKnight

Bilal Powell

FB (1)

John Connor

TE (3)

Dustin Keller

Matt Mulligan

Jeff Cumberland (Fighting with Zinger for 2 spots)

WR (6)

Santonio Holmes

Plaxico Burress

Derrick Mason

Jeremy Kerley

Scott McKnight

Michael Campbell (fighting with Turner, Payne, and Courtney Smith for 2 spots)

OL (7.5)

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Matt Slauson

Nick Mangold

Brandon Moore

Wayne Hunter

Rob Turner

Vladimir Ducasse

Matt Kroul (Not sure if anyone on the roster is really going to push him for this slot. Maybe Zane Taylor)

Defense(26.5)

DL (7.5)

Mike Devito

Sione Pouha

Muhammed Wilkerson

Ropati Pitoitua

Kenrick Ellis

Marcus Dixon

Martin Teveseau

Matt Kroul (Jarron Gilbert could force his way into that rotation in place of any of the last three, but I think he's the odd man out at the moment)

LB (9)

Calvin Pace

Bart Scott

David Harris

Bryan Thomas

Jamaal Westerman

Garrett McIntyre

Nick Bellore

Lance Laury

Josh Mauga

(any of those last 4 could lose their roster spot if another player - at LB or any other position - makes a case to stay on the roster. I listed them in order of least likely to be cut to most likely).

DB (10)

Darrelle Revis

Antonio Cromartie

Kyle Wilson

Donald Strickland

Jim Leonhard

Dwight Lowery

Eric Smith

Brodney Poole

Marquice Cole

Julian Posey (Cole should really be in purple - he's almost a lock to make the squad, IMO, and Posey seems to be the UDFA they like best. But Byron Landor, Ellis Lankster, and a few other players may force their way on the squad - perhaps at the expense of Mauga rather than any of these guys)

Special Teams (3)

Tanner Purdum

Nick Novak

Chris Bryan (I think Novak and Bryan win their respective competitions with Folk and Conley)

Thoughts?

1 person you completely left off the list who is a lock to make roster is Emmanuel Cook.

1 - Emmanuel Cook is going to make the team

2 - I'd be more shocked if Jeff Cumberland wasnt on the team then Dwight Lowery at this point. I'd say he's a lock, and Zinger and Mulligan are really battling for a possible last TE spot...

3 - Piggybacking off #2, there's no way we take a 3rd TE or an 8th OL on the active roster over a 6th or 7th CB. knowing how Rex loves his DB's. Id definitely give an upper hand to Cole and Posey over Kroul/Mulligan/Zinger

4 - Wow. That REALLY is a thin LB group. We're an injury of BThomas or Pace away from having (fill in the blank last ditch FA signing) starting at OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Yikes.

1 - Emmanuel Cook is going to make the team

2 - I'd be more shocked if Jeff Cumberland wasnt on the team then Dwight Lowery at this point. I'd say he's a lock, and Zinger and Mulligan are really battling for a possible last TE spot...

3 - Piggybacking off #2, there's no way we take a 3rd TE or an 8th OL on the active roster over a 6th or 7th CB. knowing how Rex loves his DB's. Id definitely give an upper hand to Cole and Posey over Kroul/Mulligan/Zinger

4 - Wow. That REALLY is a thin LB group. We're an injury of BThomas or Pace away from having (fill in the blank last ditch FA signing) starting at OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Yikes.

Roth is still available, surprisingly.

Jets release first depth chart

August, 10, 2011 By Rich Cimini

Here's the first official depth chart, three deep (rookies in italics):

OFFENSE

WR Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Kerley, Logan Payne

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Dennis Landolt, Chris Duron

LG Matt Slauson, Chris Stewart, Taylor Boggs

C Nick Mangold, Robby Felix, Zane Taylor

RG Brandon Moore, Robert Turner, Matt Kroul

RT Wayne Hunter, Vladimir Ducasse, Pete Clifford

TE Dustin Keller, Matt Mulligan, Jeff Cumberland

WR Santonio Holmes, Derrick Mason, Patrick Turner

QB Mark Sanchez, Mark Brunell, Greg McElroy

FB John Conner, Brian Toal

RB Shonn Greene, LaDainian Tomlinson, Joe McKnight

DEFENSE

DE Muhammad Wilkerson, Ropati Pitoitua, Jarron Gilbert

NT Sione Pouha, Kenrick Ellis, Martin Tevaseu

DT Mike DeVito, Marcus Dixon, Lorenzo Washington

OLB Bryan Thomas, Jamaal Westerman, Stafford Gatling

WILL Bart Scott, Nick Bellore, Brashton Satele

MIKE David Harris, Josh Mauga, Joey LaRocque

OLB Calvin Pace, Garrett McIntyre, Brandon Long

CB Darrelle Revis, Kyle Wilson, Donald Strickland

CB Antonio Cromartie, Marquice Cole, Julian Posey

S Eric Smith, Brodney Pool, Emanuel Cook

S Jim Leonhard, Dwight Lowery, Byron Landor

SPECIAL TEAMS

K Nick Folk, Nick Novak

P T.J. Conley, Chris Bryan

H T.J. Conley, Chris Bryan

PR Jeremy Kerley, Kyle Wilson, Joe McKnight

KR Jeremy Kerley, Kyle Wilson, Antonio Cromartie

LS Tanner Purdum, Matt Mulligan

Analysis: No real surprises, except for maybe Conley ahead of Bryan. So far, Bryan has outpunted Conley ... Clearly, there are some depth issues on the offensive line and an inside linebacker ... Kerley is going to be a busy man ... Five experienced corners, always a plus in Rex Ryan's system ... Payne vs. Turner for the fifth receiver spot. Right now, Payne gets the edge because of special teams.

Interesting to see Payne is currently up to #6 at WR. There's clearly a lot of young guys the Jets like at the position, and a lot of guys who have gotten praise for their camp performances, so it's interesting to watch how that all shakes out.

Conley doesn't particularly surprise me at this point. He's a guy they've been bringing back around for 3 years now, and Westhoff clearly likes. It seemed pretty clear to me when they let Weatherford walk that they were making it Conley's job to lose, with Bryan being brought in to push him and as insurance. While I haven't seen them practice, I would also bet anything the Jets are going to be a lot more interested in consistency and ball placement out of the winner of this competition more so than simply big booming punts, which is what has been getting Bryan the attention so far.

Also very interesting (and could actually be a very good sign) to see Marquice Cole is currently listed at #4 at CB, ahead of Strickland on the depth chart. Strickland played really well for the Jets two years ago, with health being the only real issue, so if these young guys are really beating him out, that's certainly nice to see.

Interesting to see Payne is currently up to #6 at WR. There's clearly a lot of young guys the Jets like at the position, and a lot of guys who have gotten praise for their camp performances, so it's interesting to watch how that all shakes out.

Conley doesn't particularly surprise me at this point. He's a guy they've been bringing back around for 3 years now, and Westhoff clearly likes. It seemed pretty clear to me when they let Weatherford walk that they were making it Conley's job to lose, with Bryan being brought in to push him and as insurance. While I haven't seen them practice, I would also bet anything the Jets are going to be a lot more interested in consistency and ball placement out of the winner of this competition more so than simply big booming punts, which is what has been getting Bryan the attention so far.

Also very interesting (and could actually be a very good sign) to see Marquice Cole is currently listed at #4 at CB, ahead of Strickland on the depth chart. Strickland played really well for the Jets two years ago, with health being the only real issue, so if these young guys are really beating him out, that's certainly nice to see.

I think Logan Payne is a guy that Westhoff really likes a lot and is a guy that Rex will throw the man with the cane a bone on. Intersting to not even see Scotty McKnight's name listed-I'm willing to bet he's on this year's practice squad

also having Brian Toal's name up there and NO Bilal Powell is just plain stupid-Powell would be snapped up in a micro second if he was put on the PS-it would be like getting an extra 4th round draft pick and we all know the luck the Jets have in that round

also having Brian Toal's name up there and NO Bilal Powell is just plain stupid-Powell would be snapped up in a micro second if he was put on the PS-it would be like getting an extra 4th round draft pick and we all know the luck the Jets have in that round

Good catch, missed that. Obviously the depth chart isn't complete, as there are plenty of guys on the team not listed, but I guess they just left off the guys at the bottom of the chart. Powell is obviously a lock to make the roster though.

Jets' first official depth chart

BY Manish Mehta

The Jets, who are off today, released its first official depth chart on its website.

A few noteworthy items:

1. Rookie WR Jeremy Kerley is listed as the primary punt and kick returner.

2. Dwight Lowery is officially listed as a full-time safety now.

3. Although Nick Folk and T.J. Conley are listed as the first-team kicker and punter, PK Nick Novak and P Chris Bryan have performed better in the first week of camp. Keep an eye on both the kicking and punting competitions.

OFFENSE

WR Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Kerley, Logan Payne, Michael Campbell, Courtney Smith

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Dennis Landolt, Curtis Duron

LG Matt Slauson, Chris Stewart, Taylor Boggs

C Nick Mangold, Robby Felix, Zane Taylor

RG Brandon Moore, Robert Turner, Matt Kroul

RT Wayne Hunter, Vladimir Ducasse, Pete Clifford

TE Dustin Keller, Matthew Mulligan, Jeff Cumberland, Josh Baker

WR Santonio Holmes, Derrick Mason, Patrick Turner, Scotty McKnight, Dan DePalma

QB Mark Sanchez, Mark Brunell, Greg McElroy, Drew Willy

FB John Conner, Brian Toal

RB Shonn Greene, LaDainian Tomlinson, Joe McKnight, Bilal Powell, Chris Jennings

DEFENSE

DE Muhammad Wilkerson, Ropati Pitoitua, Jarron Gilbert

NT Sione Pouha, Kenrick Ellis, Martin Tevaseu

DT Mike DeVito, Marcus Dixon, Lorenzo Washington, Carlton Powell

OLB Bryan Thomas, Jamaal Westerman, Stafford Gatling

WLB Bart Scott, Josh Mauga, Brashton Satele, David Herron

MLB David Harris, Nick Bellore, Joey LaRocque, Matthias Berning

OLB Calvin Pace, Garrett McIntyre, Eddie Jones, Brandon Long

CB Darrelle Revis, Kyle Wilson, Donald Strickland, Richard Taylor

CB Antonio Cromartie, Marquice Cole, Julian Posey, Ellis Lankster

S Eric Smith, Brodney Pool, Emanuel Cook, Davon Morgan

S Jim Leonhard, Dwight Lowery, Byron Landor, DaJuan Morgan

SPECIAL TEAMS

K Nick Folk, Nick Novak

P T.J. Conley, Chris Bryan

H T.J. Conley, Chris Bryan

PR Jeremy Kerley, Kyle Wilson, Joe McKnight

KR Jeremy Kerley, Kyle Wilson, Antonio Cromartie, Joe McKnight

LS Tanner Purdum, Wilson Raynor, Matthew Mulligan

Good catch, missed that. Obviously the depth chart isn't complete, as there are plenty of guys on the team not listed, but I guess they just left off the guys at the bottom of the chart. Powell is obviously a lock to make the roster though.

the first one was Cimini's posting of it and he notes "Three deep" so that's why maybe-above is the team's official DC-with everybody on it

Archived