NY Jets Sign 8 Players

JetNation

The New York Jets signed 8 players to reserve/future contract.  Here is the press release from the team.

December 31, 2012

– The New York Jets have signed eight players to reserve/future contracts.

Reserve/Future Contracts:

Name                          Pos.       Ht.            Wt.           College                                        Hometown

Dickson, JoJo             LB           6-1           245           Idaho                                            Wailuku, HI

Finau, Tevita               DT          6-5           288           Utah                                              Lahaina, HI

Jarrett, Jaiquawn        FS          6-0           196           Temple                                      Brooklyn, NY

Landolt, Dennis           T             6-4           306           Penn State                               Burlington, NJ

Pollard, Royce            WR         6-1           175           Hawai’i                                    San Diego, CA

Ryan, Titus                  WR         6-0           193           Concordia College                 Tuscaloosa, AL

Simms, Matt               QB          6-3           210           Tennessee                        Franklin Lakes, NJ

Smith, Jacquies          LB           6-2           260           Missouri                                          Dallas, TX

Everyone but Jaiquawn Jarrett was with the Jets at sometime in 2012.

how does Jaiquawn Jarrett get drafted in the 2nd round in 2011 and get cut in 2012 and not be on a team all season??? if this kid does have any talent, this may be a nice little signing.

He can't beat Eric Smith in the 40.

Btw, how long does this team need to find out that Landolt and Royce Pollard suck? A decade?

I'm really excited about the Jaiquawn Jarrett signing. I've been watching him since he played at Temple and actually saw him play a few games live. I wanted the Jets to draft him and was pissed the Eagles got him. He really didnt fit well in the Eagles D but he will be a great fit in our Defense if used properly. He is a huge hitter with decent ball skills and could be a playmaker at safety. His speed is a small issue but thats something that can be helped with technique and footwork along with his instincts and reads. With him and Landry as our safeties offenses will always fear coming over the middle and our run support will improve as well.

I'm really excited about the Jaiquawn Jarrett signing. I've been watching him since he played at Temple and actually saw him play a few games live. I wanted the Jets to draft him and was pissed the Eagles got him. He really didnt fit well in the Eagles D but he will be a great fit in our Defense if used properly. He is a huge hitter with decent ball skills and could be a playmaker at safety. His speed is a small issue but thats something that can be helped with technique and footwork along with his instincts and reads. With him and Landry as our safeties offenses will always fear coming over the middle and our run support will improve as well.

maybe he can be our 2nd string SS....with landry and bell (assuming we keep either or both) you'd really like to get a speedier FS type to complement imo

• 2 months later...

Archived