Nice little audio: Geno Smith on the media

T0mShane

http://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports/jets-qb-geno-smith-on-nfl?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=mshare&utm_medium=email&utm_content=http://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports/jets-qb-geno-smith-on-nfl

Not sure how to get that to embed, but Jim Miller and Alex Marvez interviewed Geno on how he's been covered. It sounds like he fully understands what he's walking into here, which will go a long way toward preserving his sanity. Give it a listen.

Looks like you gotta sign up to get the video.

That means I have to make up a new phony Email account.  I'm presently using my old phony Email account as my regular account because my old regular Email account, Hotmail, got hacked to hell.

Damn.

Looks like you gotta sign up to get the video.

That means I have to make up a new phony Email account.  I'm presently using my old phony Email account as my regular account because my old regular Email account, Hotmail, got hacked to hell.

Damn.

I didn't sign up for anything, just press play

Geno gave some canned answers, but he sounds intelligent* while still sneaking his points in, (like he didn't fire his agents because of his position in the draft).

For now he sounds good.  When he starts playing, they will get harder.

*Not surprising, he went to a school for gifted kids.

Actually, Geno can't be the black Ryan Leaf because Leaf actually was taken second overall behind Peyton Manning-he didn't drop at all in the draft.  The people harping on that have the whole story all bollixed up.

And that issue about Geno not mixing well in the room with the coaches and other draftees is just bizarre.  It doesn't sound like a sensible way to conduct an interview for a man you want to run your football team at all.

Geno gave some canned answers, but he sounds intelligent* while still sneaking his points in, (like he didn't fire his agents because of his position in the draft).

For now he sounds good.  When he starts playing, they will get harder.

*Not surprising, he went to a school for gifted kids.

Not really sure what makes him sound intelligent . That being said it WILL come down to the work he puts into playing the position . Film work, knowing the playbook and being a leader on the field will shape this kids career.

When it comes down to it processing information quickly on the field, thats something you can't teach, some have it some don't. It will be interesting to see how fast this kid adapts to situations on the field.

Archived