Auburn WR Sammie Coates declares

Matt39

Duke is way better, coates is a 1 trick pony. Duke is cut in mold of alshon jeffery

Ehh, Duke may be better, but it's not as large of a gap as you're making it, Sammie is going to be a better pro than collegiate player, and he had a heck of a college career. Sammie has those strong hands like ODB and when you toss him into the mix with White, Parker, Cooper, Duke and DGB if he comes out, this year is shaping up to be another historic WR class.  

I was hoping for Mariota/Winston/Cook in the first and Coates/Strong/ DGB at the top of the second, but we'll probably end up with...not going to say anything, for fear of teh jinx. 

I'm watching to see what Cook does, but now that it looks like we'll be picking near 6 or 7, I'm tryyyyying to talk myself into not hating Winston as much. 

I'm watching to see what Cook does, but now that it looks like we'll be picking near 6 or 7, I'm tryyyyying to talk myself into not hating Winston as much. 

I know people have been getting on me for the Big Ben comparison all year, but just watch 3:50 and tell me that doesn't remind you of Roethlisberger and how infuriating you get when he does it to your team.  

http://youtu.be/Qpu8tSwmrjk?t=3m50s

I know people have been getting on me for the Big Ben comparison all year, but just watch 3:50 and tell me that doesn't remind you of Roethlisberger and how infuriating you get when he does it to your team.  

http://youtu.be/Qpu8tSwmrjk?t=3m50s

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh that's a tough comparison, though. Roethlisberger is an enigma. 

As far as drafting Winston, it's going to require so many precautionary moves to ensure he doesn't ruin himself and the franchise. I, personally, wouldn't have the balls to pull the trigger, but if he ends up on the team, the team becomes a lot more interesting.

Ehh, Duke may be better, but it's not as large of a gap as you're making it, Sammie is going to be a better pro than collegiate player, and he had a heck of a college career. Sammie has those strong hands like ODB and when you toss him into the mix with White, Parker, Cooper, Duke and DGB if he comes out, this year is shaping up to be another historic WR class.  

Coates doesn't run routes ,he is a fly pattern only type. Drops many passes as well

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh that's a tough comparison, though. Roethlisberger is an enigma. 

As far as drafting Winston, it's going to require so many precautionary moves to ensure he doesn't ruin himself and the franchise. I, personally, wouldn't have the balls to pull the trigger, but if he ends up on the team, the team becomes a lot more interesting.

I dislike pretty much all Florida schools: UF, FSU and Miami and openly rooted against FSU winning last year. However, the reason I got on board was that the Jets need a Quarterback and his play on the field was getting sh*t on by people who didn't like who he was off of it. The comparisons to Jamarcus are both lazy and inaccurate, they aren't similar players at all. Winston has been a great college player and at worst finishes his career at 26-1 and at best 28-0.  He's shown numerous times that he can beat teams with his arm and when he's locked in, pretty much every second half this year, he's unstoppable.  I haven't done it, but if you go back and watch his games this past year, a lot of his interceptions are him forcing it to O'Leary or miscommunication/his receivers giving up on routes. 

Again, I hate FSU, they're the eptiome of teams that I don't care for. They remind me of the Cavs the last year or two Lebron was there: constantly dancing around, thumping their chest after every play etc.  However, his sketchy off-the-field issues are less than what some people are making them out to be. Yea, he obviously needs to be vetted and sure, he's no boyscout like Mariota, but I don't think he's a Hernandez type guy either. 

1. The school shouting incident is him being an immature jackass then anything really harmful. I'm sure he's hardly the first D1 athlete to shout obscenities at females on campus before.
2. The rape incident seems more and more likely that it was completely mishandled and f*cked up by the Tallahassee police department and that's pretty much the sentiment around the league. 
3. The crab leg incident:  it's been widely reported that all the FSU players had an arrangement to shop for free there and he did so probably a little too blatantly, but refused to make it public so as to f*ck his team over  and is the reason Fischer has been defending him so ardently.

Coates doesn't run routes ,he is a fly pattern only type. Drops many passes as well

Everyone drops passes, Cooper drops a catchable one almost every game, doesn't mean they aren't great prospects. The only kids who I saw catch everything that touched their hands are Landry and Beckham. 

Coates does run a lot of fly patterns, but that's also because he has elite speed, probably best in this class.  He's also a physical beast and turns hitch routes and quick slants into big gains routinely. Kid is special.

Everyone drops passes, Cooper drops a catchable one almost every game, doesn't mean they aren't great prospects. The only kids who I saw catch everything that touched their hands are Landry and Beckham. 

Coates does run a lot of fly patterns, but that's also because he has elite speed, probably best in this class.  He's also a physical beast and turns hitch routes and quick slants into big gains routinely. Kid is special.

Im a bama fan so I may be biased, duke Williams was the wr I was scared of.

Im a bama fan so I may be biased, duke Williams was the wr I was scared of.

I'd take both and you're absolutely right, I too would prefer Duke if I had to choose. I think he has Mike Evans/Kelvin Benajmin type upside, however like those two, he'll need to polish his route running abilities upon entering the league.  I think he can do it pretty quickly and once he does, the smaller corners in the league are going to have a tough time matching up with him given his physical skill-set. He's one of those guys that could go end of 1 and early round 2, which is why I'm hoping we can go Winston/Cook and land someone like Duke or Parker in early round two. 

Archived