Jets 1st Round Pick Could Come Down to White vs Cooper

JetNation

I was watching this video and now have no doubt that Kevin White, if still on the board, would the choice for us.  Please watch the video until the very end.  There is a brief interview with him and comes off as confident yet humble; someone who is very determined to make the most of this opportunity.   

Again I realize this is a highlight video but his demonstrating some skills that will truly translate very well at the next level.  This kid will really fight for the ball and go up and get it.  He also has very good feet and always seem to come down with both feet in bounds.  He has tremendous hands (see one handed td catch) and while not a blazer he has very good speed and acceleration to gain separation.  He has good run after catch ability as well.  I really hope he available and we pick him.  My best comparison is a faster, Larry Fitzgerald.

I was watching this video and now have no doubt that Kevin White, if still on the board, would the choice for us.  Please watch the video until the very end.  There is a brief interview with him and comes off as confident yet humble; someone who is very determined to make the most of this opportunity.   

Again I realize this is a highlight video but his demonstrating some skills that will truly translate very well at the next level.  This kid will really fight for the ball and go up and get it.  He also has very good feet and always seem to come down with both feet in bounds.  He has tremendous hands (see one handed td catch) and while not a blazer he has very good speed and acceleration to gain separation.  He has good run after catch ability as well.  I really hope he available and we pick him.  My best comparison is a faster, Larry Fitzgerald.

A good player for sure, but is he smart enough to play at next level. He will be a NYJ, unless Fowler drops to 6

A good player for sure, but is he smart enough to play at next level. He will be a NYJ, unless Fowler drops to 6

Why would you assume he isn't?  I hope it's not the JC thing; he sounds bright enough to me.  This is football, not rocket science. 

Why would you assume he isn't?  I hope it's not the JC thing; he sounds bright enough to me.  This is football, not rocket science. 

he went to JC due to grades, he played in spread at WVU as well, Coop played in pro-set Off

White is a very good player and chances are he will be a Jet

he went to JC due to grades, he played in spread at WVU as well, Coop played in pro-set Off

My point stands; poor grades and lack of intelligence are not same thing.   The point of the matter is not where was two years ago but where is he now.  He has overcome a lot more than Cooper in that regard, and I for one, give him credit for it rather than knocking him.  As far as the offense, Chan Gailey coaches a spread time offense but more importantly, he is known for putting his players in position to succeed rather than being simply system driven.   I don't know why we are going back and forth on this because the more I think about it, after yesterdays performance, neither of them will probably last to 6.  Raiders and Skins will take 'em. 

Yeah I would be fine with White at 6 and DGB in rd 2. If we can't have a great qb might as well get great receivers.

My point stands; poor grades and lack of intelligence are not same thing.   The point of the matter is not where was two years ago but where is he now.  He has overcome a lot more than Cooper in that regard, and I for one, give him credit for it rather than knocking him.  As far as the offense, Chan Gailey coaches a spread time offense but more importantly, he is known for putting his players in position to succeed rather than being simply system driven.   I don't know why we are going back and forth on this because the more I think about it, after yesterdays performance, neither of them will probably last to 6.  Raiders and Skins will take 'em. 

Not a Knock, just wanted to learn why White went to JC, many times it is character flaws, in his case it was grades.

Not a Knock, just wanted to learn why White went to JC, many times it is character flaws, in his case it was grades.

I am sure the McCags will have done his home work on that so I am personally not concerned about it. No where have a I read anything about character flaws so I feel no need to assume he has any, any more so than you or I. 

You would really take Parker over Cooper or White? Or are you saying you like the value of Parker better, possibly in the later 1st round?

Because I have a similar thing with the two QBs. I'd still love Mariota at 6 but tbh, if they could snag Hundley in the 2nd round (or in the later first via trade) I might be just as happy. I think.

You can get Hundley probably in the top of the third, because he's not any good. Kid is a great athlete, but seems like his ceiling is career backup with a handful of mediocre starts when his QB gets hurt or tanks.

does anyone else get a queasy feeling going back to the Morgantown well ??

I mean, cmon. It's where Geno Smith went to school. 

and even if White is awesome they have no QB and no real chance of upgrading the position this year. It's like who cares. They have have Decker, Harvin, White, and whoever else if Geno is still the starter that offense is boned. 

You can get Hundley probably in the top of the third, because he's not any good. Kid is a great athlete, but seems like his ceiling is career backup with a handful of mediocre starts when his QB gets hurt or tanks.

I definitely think there's two worthy development QBs in this draft. Mariota and Hundley. The rest are garbage imo. The Jets desperately need a QB. Therefore I'd be happy with either. 

Interestingly, your calling Hundley's ceiling low when I think, along with Mariota, it's, by far, unequivocally, the highest of the group. 

I definitely think there's two worthy development QBs in this draft. Mariota and Hundley. The rest are garbage imo. The Jets desperately need a QB. Therefore I'd be happy with either. 

Interestingly, your calling Hundley's ceiling low when I think, along with Mariota, it's, by far, unequivocally, the highest of the group. 

I think Hundley is a hell of an athlete, no question about it, however I just don't buy him being a Quarterback. He was absolutely exposed this year when he was put under the spotlight. I've been plenty wrong before, but just like Logan Thomas last year, I don't think either really have the requisite skills to be an NFL caliber QB.  Kind of how I feel about Mariota as well, but I think he's further along and worth the risk. Hell, I'd still give Hundley a shot, I'm just not expecting much.

I think Hundley is a hell of an athlete, no question about it, however I just don't buy him being a Quarterback. He was absolutely exposed this year when he was put under the spotlight. I've been plenty wrong before, but just like Logan Thomas last year, I don't think either really have the requisite skills to be an NFL caliber QB.  Kind of how I feel about Mariota as well, but I think he's further along and worth the risk. Hell, I'd still give Hundley a shot, I'm just not expecting much.

Hard to tell at times bc the UCLA OL was garbage. You're not giving him enough credit for his arm imo. He can make every throw. He can move and he's suppose to be a good, hard working kid. Out of this years crop, if they could get him in the third, like you had mentioned, that's your best QB value pick imo. I'd agree he still needs a lot more coaching though. 

Archived