Jets work out CB Tye Smith, G Darrell Greene

Gas2No99

Jets work out Tye Smith, Darrell Greene

USATSI_8776101_siwdhmhh_dph7r5pd.jpg

The Jets worked out DB Tye Smith and G Darrell Greene at practice Friday, reports ESPN New York's Rich Cimini

Smith, a 2015 fifth-round pick out of Towson, played in four games with the Seahawks last season, recording one tackle. He was released by the Seahawks earlier this week after spending time on their practice squad. 

Greene signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent after this year's NFL Draft. He was released from their practice squad earlier this week after getting the most guaranteed money of any of the Eagles' undrafted rookies. 

the fact they keep working out Guards inclines me to believe that Dozier is on a short leash. I believe Wesley Johnson - current top LG backup - was picked up after Dozier already being on the team. He's made the cut thus far - 2 Mac/Bowles Traing Camps-  and one of the few lone survivors left from the Idzik 12. I'm surprised Dozier hasn't got any mention. 

Darrell Greene the most guaranteed money of any undrafted rookie free agent

An insider's perspective on one of the Eagles' undrafted rookie free agent signings following the 2016 NFL Draft: San Diego State guard Darrell Greene. 

38 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

the fact they keep working out I Guards inclines me to believe that Dozier is on a short leash. I believe Wesley Johnson - current top LG backup - was picked up after Dozier already being on the team. He's made the cut thus far - 2 Mac/Bowles Traing Camps-  and one of the few lone survivors left from the Idzik 12. I'm surprised Dozier hasn't got any mention. 

I'm not sure.  Johnson may have only been active over Dozier because he is the better center.   That may also be why they wanted Dozier to play center.  OTOH, I didn't see anything to make me think they like Dozier too much

Archived