Will Barlow start airing his dirty laundry?

DireJet38

I vote yes.

He is still the same guy who called his former coach from San Fran 'hitler.'

I don't think he's a guy who can handle the ups and downs emotionally.

I don't think this is a question of if, it is a question of when.

It will be interesting how this pans out.

I vote yes.

He is still the same guy who called his former coach from San Fran 'hitler.'

I don't think he's a guy who can handle the ups and downs emotionally.

I don't think this is a question of if, it is a question of when.

It will be interesting how this pans out.

jets didn't give barlow a SB so they have no financial penatly for cutting him. if he spouts off he will spend the rest of the season at home watching the games from his living room. don't think for a second that mangini will hesitate to make an example out of him. as it is it was a bad trade to begin with, barlow looks like he is running in quick sand, at this point he is lucky to be collecting game checks.

jets didn't give barlow a SB so they have no financial penatly for cutting him. if he spouts off he will spend the rest of the season at home watching the games from his living room. don't think for a second that mangini will hesitate to make an example out of him. as it is it was a bad trade to begin with, barlow looks like he is running in quick sand, at this point he is lucky to be collecting game checks.

I agree.

He either sucks it up. Or he loads trucks

I really hope he turns out to be a good player. We traded a decent draft pick for him. Our later picks seem to have been where we are getting our best players from. If he doesn't pan out I wonder what we could get back in trade for him.

Doesn't look good.

Barlow looks awful out there.

A dancer, who shouldn't be dancing.

Barlow finds bench hard on his psyche

BY TOM ROCK

Newsday Staff Correspondent

December 4, 2006

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Kevan Barlow took a momentary break from the script. Just after the Jets put the finishing touches on a 38-10 win over the Packers, the running back, who was deactivated for the first time in his career, wanted to know how many carries teammate Cedric Houston had in the game. Told it was more than 20 -- 22 by the final count -- Barlow winced. Then he regained his composure.

"I was just curious," he said.

With only 12 carries since he ran for 75 yards against the Patriots last month, the man for whom the Jets traded a fourth-rounder to the 49ers late in training camp is beginning to look like an afterthought in a crowded backfield.

"It might have been the toughest thing I've ever had to deal with besides my offseason knee surgery," Barlow said of not dressing for a game in which Houston ran for 105 yards and two touchdowns to further establish himself as the Jets' premier running back and rookie Leon Washington added 40 yards on seven carries, including a 20-yard touchdown.

"It was killing me on the sidelines sitting there watching," Barlow said. "It's something I wish I could get [22 carries], but that's how it worked out."

It might not the next time. Jets coach Eric Mangini said deciding who among the running backs plays is an "ongoing process."

"Just because we had these two active backs this week doesn't mean we'll have them next week," he said.

The Jets shuffled almost their entire backfield from last week's win over the Texans, benching fullback James Hodgins and returning B.J. Askew to duty after a two-week absence.

Askew said he understood what Barlow was feeling, having gone through it the previous several weeks. But he also said each player deals with the possibility of playing or not basically the same way. "We all approach it like we're all going to play and then you get the tap on your shoulder that you're down," Askew said. "It's cool. We have our own way of handling it within the running back unit."

Barlow said he was told of Mangini's decision to bench him right before the game. "Obviously, they didn't need me today, but they'll need me again," he said.

Barlow said he is considering volunteering for special teams. "Whatever I can do to help the team," he said. "If I had to play special teams, I would."

bomb2.jpg

Archived