VJ Day

Cant Hackett

Victory in Japan

August 14, 1945

Remember all the Vets

When the war in Europe ended my dad was ready to ship out for the Pacific. Luckily the 2 A bombs ended the war a lot earlier than it might have otherwise. Saved millions of lives as well. Every WWII vet is a true American hero.God Bless them all.

Can you imagine what's going through your head, after fighting for years in Europe without seeing your family, to beat the Germans and be told, pack your bags for the Pacific. It's like that scene in Band of Brothers, I can't imagine. As a guy who on 2 separate occasions, enjoyed having a redeployment date when I went to Bosnia and Kosovo, I can't imagine for a second, what it's like to not see your home for 1,2,3 years?

God Bless all of our veterans and those currently serving our nation. It makes some of the problems we think we have in life, seem foolish.

When the war in Europe ended my dad was ready to ship out for the Pacific. Luckily the 2 A bombs ended the war a lot earlier than it might have otherwise. Saved millions of lives as well. Every WWII vet is a true American hero.God Bless them all.

My father left Pearl Harbor on December 5, 1941 with the aircraft carriers. JN could of had one less poster. Many less if we had to invade Japan.

My father left Pearl Harbor on December 5, 1941 with the aircraft carriers. JN could of had one less poster. Many less if we had to invade Japan.

WOW. All the what-ifs just with your dad are mind boggling. Fate, coincidene, luck, call it what you want. But you're right......a lot of us might not be here if our parents and grandparents didnt' do what they did, including dropping a couple big booming bombs.

Archived