Tony MaC

Members
  • Last visited

1,006 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. It's keep him or trade him. They're certainly not cutting him. He's as good as ever, but as it turns out being the only weapon worth a damn on a team with a bad run blocking o-line and coach that doesn't seem interested in using him has hindered that talent. He's far from a cancer though and that cap hit is too much to bare for a moderately productive player. If Gase seems to think he do without him (and I think he does) and some team puts out a decent offer he'll be gone. But otherwise he'll return to run it back, hopefully with a more stable O-line.
  2. Ficken is super pedestrian but it does actually get worse than him. Bring him back for camp on a deal worth a million and change (most of which he wont see a dime of if he's beaten) and keep searching. A fig leaf is better than being naked.
  3. I'm glad we messed up the easiest schedule we could have had this year what if the furthest trip west being to freaking Cincinnati who along with Miami was a push over for everyone but our offensive genius. Now we get to go west... two trips to LA's new stadium. That's interesting, we've seen a few teams come to the Meadowlands twice now we get to see how the other half lives. The Jets to Chargers fan ratio will be interesting.
  4. Hindsight is 20-20. Harrison looked like THE major weak spot of the offense coming in. Getting a more proven player on roster wasn't a bad idea. The trouble was that the more proven player was out the door into retirement because there were no good options left, and he was given the fastest possible track to starting on an O-line that was hobbled and not able to actually start a game together until week 1 itself. Basically our options were a backup with no leverage in the run game that had a decent amount of practice time with our guy at QB, or a veteran with a proven resume that was really old and decidedly out of practice in general. Our situation at Center sucked. And with Harrison penciled in as prospective starter it still sucks. He might have been a better option in hindsight than the ghost of Ryan Kalil or Spencer Long, but that doesn't make him GOOD or an actual answer. Because once again is not a run blocker by any means. Happy to have Harrison around when the poo hits the fan, but they need an actual starter there. He's nothing but a good backup.
  5. We've already got the ghost of Demaryius Thomas mentoring the WR corps spiritually like Master Splinter in that one scene from Ninja Turtles. We don't need the ghost of AJ Green as well.
  6. He'd only be terrible if he paid him 20 million or something. Half of that and it's a good move.
  7. They can't sign him until January for what it's worth. They have to wait until after his third regular season ends. And I would re-sign him ASAP, unless there's an equivalent offensive difference maker somebody is willing to trade. 15-16 million a year, make him the highest paid safety, because he's just that much of an all around an impact player.
  8. Yes, within reason. Say they paid a couple interior offensive lineman in free agency and then drafted all O-line in the first three rounds. I'd be good with a complete sell out of their top 100 picks. I'm normally BPA all the way but a kind of targeted draft like that is timely given where Sam is in his development. Of course SOMETHING has to go elsewhere, whether it's re-signing Anderson and Edwards or grabbing an edge rusher that's worth his salt.
  9. Those figures are a little disingenuous, more like the 17 and 20 million dollar men respectively. But your point is valid as far as Q goes, he's always hurt so the contract was a real risk, even if it was cheap compared to the top guys. He plays very well when healthy but that's not often. Crowder is doing about what i'd expect, he's on a fair deal. The real trouble is that there's a lot of good to okay receivers on the roster and no real top tier guys to round them off. A wolf pack with no alphas.
  10. Bust, underrated, whatever. Leo was expendable. They needed more picks, they got em. It was a good trade for Gang Green. Q is the new project. We'll see if he does better. I'm not gonna right him off because the last consensus top 5 pick didn't work out.
  11. Harrison is a great backup Center but not a great starter. He'll hold the line, he'll make the calls, but in terms of leverage he doesn't do much of anything for the run game and is only so-so as a pass blocker. In short he's okay, a better option than some of the flame-outs they've had since Mangold left but not a true long term answer if we're being honest with ourselves. I am VERY happy he's on roster for next year, having a center that Sam's comfortable with who can come in in a pinch is really nice. But dammit we need upside, we somebody who can "grow up" with Darnold and provide more than just adequate on field results. We can do better. We can do worse. Either way we need a long term answer and it's not Harrison. I can say the same of Beachum.
  12. Well a trade ain't happening till the offseason, it's past the deadline. And as for his performance related to his draft status... it hasn't been up to snuff, no. I would expect more from a top 3 pick than a few plays demonstrating his strength and size. But trading him feels like jumping the gun. He was drafted on his upside as much as his supposed plug and play abilities, probably even more so. I'd like to see what he comes up with after a full season and pro offseason regiment underneath his belt. He'll only be 22 next year after all. He's far from done. Maybe he'll be like Leo who never put his potential together. Maybe not. But trading a very young player of his measurables after a mediocre rookie campaign is premature. Give him time to gel.
  13. There's no guarantee any of those guys actually hit free agency come March. Meanwhile they have Robby in the building all winter, that's a factor. There's also no guarantee they draft a top WR in the first or second rounds, we've got an o-line to build, etc, etc. Re-upping a young contributing WR with some kind of continuity with SD before delving into the unknown seems like the right move. The going rate for that is gonna be a little north of 10 million, sorry. And honestly re-signing Anderson shouldn't stop the Jets from doing anything else. Assuming he takes away 10 million they'll have well over 50 million left to work with. This is the kind of move you do when you have a young QB on a cheap deal in need of any kind of aid he can get.
  14. He just became captain... somebody must like him. But he'll be 32, much more than what Ryan here just got a year for more than one year and I'm leery.
  15. I didn't think Griffin would get his this early, mostly because I thought they would want to see a few more games out of him before doing this. But I guess take the "security" when you can get it. I hope he and Darnold keep getting work done.