Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News flash, be it #1 overall pick or UDFA, every player who steps foot in the NFL is a "what if". Once the draft is over, draft order no longer means a damn thing.

I disagree. Look around the league. The NYJETS had 1 of the best WR corps going into this season with Edwards-Holmes-JCo. Tanne rolled the dice and overpaid for Holmes as mentioned and lost out on 2 important pieces of the puzzle and brought in 1 guy who was out of the NFL and another who is nearing 38. Im not saying they wont pan out but id feel more comfortable back where we were last year in the WR dept.

Only thing I have to say about all of this is that the Jets handled our WR situation horribly from the get go. They Over paid Santonio when there didnt seem to be a market for him either other than the Redskins who signed Moss while we were negotiating with Holmes. 10 Mill per ????? he makes more money than Roddy White and hes the 4th highest paid WR in the NFL I hope he can live up to that I really do. I think hes turned his off the field issues around for the better.

Braylon is gone no one really knows exactly what happened so no need to bother speculating ITS OVER.

Then we signed a 34 year old and a 37 year old . the 34 year old now has a swollen ankle and is getting an MRI which tells you it is serious. If Plax cant go, our WR's will be Mason and Holmes with Kerly and most likely Turner as a 4th.

This team has once again FAILED in the WR department the same way it has FAILED for the past 12 freakin years and to think were doing this when our franchise QB is just on the brink of showing us what he has is a GOD DAMN JOKE. This is not a sky is falling post its an im freakin disgusted post.

There is no reason to be excited about 2 WR's that wont even be in the league in a few years. Sanchez needed some WR's to Grow with not roll around in wheel chairs. Disgrace

You're a disgrace...you havent failed at filling the WR position when you have a top 10 WR locked up for 5 years in his prime. You havent failed when your #2 and #3 WR's would be #1's on about 15 different teams in the league.

You're a disgrace...you havent failed at filling the WR position when you have a top 10 WR locked up for 5 years in his prime. You havent failed when your #2 and #3 WR's would be #1's on about 15 different teams in the league.

Plax and Mason #1s on what teams?

WHAT ?? Our # 2 and 3's are 1's on 15 teams ?? You really do have no clue. That could be the stupidest thing Ive seen you say yet and that list can be quite large. Santonio is in the 15-20 range NOT top 10. is he capable of Top ten ? Possibly.. but hes only had one top 10 type year his entire career . Stop making up bullsh*t numbers JIF if Plax cant be on the field consistently Teams will focus on Tone and shut him down.

I disagree. Look around the league. The NYJETS had 1 of the best WR corps going into this season with Edwards-Holmes-JCo. Tanne rolled the dice and overpaid for Holmes as mentioned and lost out on 2 important pieces of the puzzle and brought in 1 guy who was out of the NFL and another who is nearing 38. Im not saying they wont pan out but id feel more comfortable back where we were last year in the WR dept.

I honestly think you should stop quoting the age thing. Mason has proven to be productive. The statistics prove that not only was he more productive than Cotchery, but also more productive overall and PER PLAY than Braylon. The even more impressive part about that is the fact that the Ravens threw the ball less than we did so it's not as if those are padded #'s from a wide spread offense.

To your point that we "had one of the best WR corps" we had a horrible passing offense. This rests on Sanchez as well, but the belief that we had this magical WR corps needs to be dismissed.

And again, Cotchery is 29, coming off surgery. Plax is 34, currently injured. Mason is 38 and seems to be fine. Age is completely invalid, all that matters is production.

So in the history of the NFL all the teams in the league have never been collectively wrong ?

You see no problem with the idea that we should all accept that every team in the NFL is wrong and you're right, simply because you say so?

Are you saying all the teams have never been collectively wrong about a player ?

WHAT ?? Our # 2 and 3's are 1's on 15 teams ?? You really do have no clue. That could be the stupidest thing Ive seen you say yet and that list can be quite large. Santonio is in the 15-20 range NOT top 10. is he capable of Top ten ? Possibly.. but hes only had one top 10 type year his entire career . Stop making up bullsh*t numbers JIF if Plax cant be on the field consistently Teams will focus on Tone and shut him down.

I'm making nothing up.

But you are teh bestest mind in all of Football...so...

List the 15 teams. :hap: More popcorn for me.

St. Louis

Denver

Oakland

Cinci

Bears

Cleveland

Jacksonville

Denver

Redskins

Vikings

Panthers

San Fran

Seattle

New England

Tenn.

Name 20 receivers better than Santonio Holmes.

I cant believe people on this board are sticking up for a move to sign a 37 year old WR . if this was the Bills Pats or Fins who made this move it would be the biggest Joke thread to hit the web since Vernone was going to get 10 sacks. just please stop it already. Signing 34 and 37 soon to be 38 year old WR's to work with our emerging Franchise QB is just about as stupid as it gets.

I honestly think you should stop quoting the age thing. Mason has proven to be productive. The statistics prove that not only was he more productive than Cotchery, but also more productive overall and PER PLAY than Braylon. The even more impressive part about that is the fact that the Ravens threw the ball less than we did so it's not as if those are padded #'s from a wide spread offense.

To your point that we "had one of the best WR corps" we had a horrible passing offense. This rests on Sanchez as well, but the belief that we had this magical WR corps needs to be dismissed.

And again, Cotchery is 29, coming off surgery. Plax is 34, currently injured. Mason is 38 and seems to be fine. Age is completely invalid, all that matters is production.

Mason is not better than Edwards.

I cant believe people on this board are sticking up for a move to sign a 37 year old WR . if this was the Bills Pats or Fins who made this move it would be the biggest Joke thread to hit the web since Vernone was going to get 10 sacks. just please stop it already. Signing 34 and 37 soon to be 38 year old WR's to work with our emerging Franchise QB is just about as stupid as it gets.

Its not stupid when you locked up a top 10 WR for him to play with for the next 5 years. And added 2 #1's to be your #2 and 3 and 2 of your WR's have game winning SB catches. In fact, its genius.

OchoCinco is 34, I think that was a good move for the Pats...a lot of people do. So you're wrong, again.

Smash for GM in 2012!!!

Do you ? Spare me the speculation.

So in the history of the NFL all the teams in the league have never been collectively wrong ?

I don't have to speculate an assault charge, a DUI, a mysterious late night one car accident, and a bar brawl. Most career drunks manage to keep their drinking hidden while destroying their lives. Braylon has many incidents out in the open. Ask any cop, he'll tell you that the guy he just ticketed for speeding got away with it 100 times before. Same -if not worse- with drinking incidents.

This guy's got a problem.

The whole league will often make the same mistake on a rookie coming in, it's far less common with a vet. The league knows something, dude. Acknowledge it.

What rookie WR on this roster was a 1st round selection? None so all these guys are "what ifs".

Vernon Gholston drafted #6 overall, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Everyone's a what if.

I put him between 15 and 20 and said its possible he could be top ten so cut your bullsh*t.

No, you said he is between 15 and 20 and "NOT" top 10. You capitalized the word "not" for emphasis. Please name 15 receivers better than Santonio Holmes, really you should still be forced to name 20.

I'm making nothing up.

But you are teh bestest mind in all of Football...so...

St. Louis

Denver

Oakland

Cinci

Bears

Cleveland

Jacksonville

Denver

Redskins

Vikings

Panthers

San Fran