Brace yourself, NFL. It looks like Bill Belichick plans to come back from the lockout with guns blazing.

pfilippone

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets would won the pre season, but everyone knows that they are worse off than last season.

8 or 9 regular season wins for the Jets.

Great grammar.

The Pats are undefeated. The Pats had the two signings that set ESPN ablaze. The Pats are the undisputed 2011 offseason/preseason champs.

I do not know about that. I think your second sentence is more accurate.

If Montana can lose three playoff games in a row, then anybody can.

In the 5-5 run since his 9-0 start, you can pick plays where he screwed the pooch (last year's killer INT), but he is not the reason they are coming up short.

Brady was awful in the Ravens' playoff loss and he lead the 16-0 Pats to 14 points against the Giants, when the offense had averaged 36 ppg during the regular season.

In fact, in Brady's last 4 postseason starts, the Pats are 1-3 and Brady has thrown 7 TDs and 7 INTs (1:1 TD:INT ratio). This is a QB that over that span has thrown 114 TDs and 25 INTs in the regular season (4.5:1 TD:INT ratio).

Based on these damning facts, I really don't see how you can possibly deny that Brady is a major factor in the Pats' recent penchant for postseason failure. Brady has not remotely been the QB in the postseason as he has been during the regular season.

Brady right now is a taller Tony Romo

The Pig Is Ripe For The Slaughter!

Actually, the Pig has been dead for a while. You guys have had 3 straight embarrassing postseason loses. You need to hope the Pig is a zombie.

Brady was awful in the Ravens' playoff loss and he lead the 16-0 Pats to 14 points against the Giants, when the offense had averaged 36 ppg during the regular season.

In fact, in Brady's last 4 postseason starts, the Pats are 1-3 and Brady has thrown 7 TDs and 7 INTs (1:1 TD:INT ratio). This is a QB that over that span has thrown 114 TDs and 25 INTs in the regular season (4.5:1 TD:INT ratio).

Based on these damning facts, I really don't see how you can possibly deny that Brady is a major factor in the Pats' recent penchant for postseason failure. Brady has not remotely been the QB in the postseason as he has been during the regular season.

Actually, the Pig has been dead for a while. You guys have had 3 straight embarrassing postseason loses. You need to hope the Pig is a zombie.

This is referred to as proper pwnage.

The Pats are now preseason/regular season champs, who are consistent post season chokers. Welcome back to reality Pats fan, the run is over. But hey, maybe Brady will win another MVP.

This is referred to as proper pwnage.

The Pats are now preseason/regular season champs, who are consistent post season chokers. Welcome back to reality Pats fan, the run is over. But hey, maybe Brady will win another MVP.

How many times does something have to happen for it to be considered consistent? According to you, two one and done's in the playoff's is enough to show playoff chokedom. So, the Jets have two Champ games that were choked away - this is consistent as well, according to your logic. Therefore, it can be assumed that neither the Pats or the Jets will win the SB.

Two straight. There was a year off when Brady was went down and Cassell could not get it done...nor your Green Men....and Miami laid claim to the greatest one season turn-around in their history and won the AFC East...only to go one and done, if I recall.

I still enjoy what Brady brings to the table and no offense, prefer him over Sanchez. Sorry.

How many times does something have to happen for it to be considered consistent? According to you, two one and done's in the playoff's is enough to show playoff chokedom. So, the Jets have two Champ games that were choked away - this is consistent as well, according to your logic. Therefore, it can be assumed that neither the Pats or the Jets will win the SB.

Ummm, I think he was including the Pats ultimate Super Bowl failure in Feb. 2008.

The Pats have lost their last three straight postseason games in embarrassing fashion. Sure its a small sampling of games. But when you go one and done every year you're not gonna play a whole lot of postseason games.

The Pats' window is closed. The Jets' is just starting to open. Brady is 34, he isn't suddenly going to improve. If anything, he is 100% more likely to go in the other direction.

Do you really think Brady is only going to throw 4 picks all year this year again? He has averaged about three and a half times that many during his career. If anything, this year is going to see a regression to the mean which alone could cost the Pats 3-4 games. That could hand the Jets the division and home field advantage, especially if Sanchez continues to improve at the same rate he did from year one to year two.

Simple math suggests the Pats are finished. You can't argue with that. It's science.

This isnt about the Jets...we are all bracing ourselves for BB's paln to come back from the lockout with guns blazing, this is about how the Pats are the greatest team ever before even taking the field, this is about 2 blowout preseason wins, this is about how the NFL should be scared, really scared. This is all about the Pats. The NFL is all about the Pats.

The Jets suck, always have always will. Nothing new there. They are completely irrelevant in this conversation.

Ummm, I think he was including the Pats ultimate Super Bowl failure in Feb. 2008.

The Pats have lost their last three straight postseason games in embarrassing fashion. Sure its a small sampling of games. But when you go one and done every year you're not gonna play a whole lot of postseason games.

The Pats' window is closed. The Jets' is just starting to open. Brady is 34, he isn't suddenly going to improve. If anything, he is 100% more likely to go in the other direction.

Do you really think Brady is only going to throw 4 picks all year this year again? He has averaged about three and a half times that many during his career. If anything, this year is going to see a regression to the mean which alone could cost the Pats 3-4 games. That could hand the Jets the division and home field advantage, especially if Sanchez continues to improve at the same rate he did from year one to year two.

Simple math suggests the Pats are finished. You can't argue with that. It's science.

But the battle cry is one and done....the 2007 SB does not fit that description, no? I mean, is it a one and done choke or is it a get to the conference game twice and choke or is it get to the SB and choke? It's all choking...or is it not?

Tom Brady will go down as one of the greatest QB's of all time. Mark Sanchez, in all likelihood, will not. He'll be very good, especially if Buress and Holmes do what they are capabale of doing. But still, Brady trumps Sanchez. Sorry. Simple logic and beleiveing what you see, Zippy. Not math, not science, just IS.

But the battle cry is one and done....the 2007 SB does not fit that description, no? I mean, is it a one and done choke or is it a get to the conference game twice and choke or is it get to the SB and choke? It's all choking...or is it not?

Tom Brady will go down as one of the greatest QB's of all time. Mark Sanchez, in all likelihood, will not. Sorry.

Why do you keep bringing up the Jets? Like JiF pointed out, this thread is about the Pats greatness. Its about how we shouldn't even bother playing the season because the Pats are so perfect in every conceivable way.

Why do you keep bringing up the Jets? Like JiF pointed out, this thread is about the Pats greatness. Its about how we shouldn't even bother playing the season because the Pats are so perfect in every conceivable way.

Cute, deflection via the terrific tandem of Zippy and Spicoli. Oh, and a little sarcasm to boot? Too cute. Perfecto! Wait...I posted too soon! We also get the Zippy humor special. You know, those posts where he thinks people laugh at his jokes.

Two straight. There was a year off when Brady was went down and Cassell could not get it done...nor your Green Men....and Miami laid claim to the greatest one season turn-around in their history and won the AFC East...only to go one and done, if I recall.

I still enjoy what Brady brings to the table and no offense, prefer him over Sanchez. Sorry.

Three straight playoff losses, Garb. LOL, you've blocked out the SB debacle? Mr. MVP 36 ppg and the team scores 14 points. That year off simply means they didn't make the playoffs.

Three straight playoff losses, Garb. LOL, you've blocked out the SB debacle? Mr. MVP 36 ppg and the team scores 14 points. That year off simply means they didn't make the playoffs.

Oh trust me, I remember. I do not want to remember. It's freakin' painful, sir.

We have rules here you know. There is a zero tolerance policy regarding fighting and personal attacks. I can't believe you would stoop to such a level.

You got picked on a lot in school growing up in Zippyland, NY didn't you?

Tom Brady will go down as one of the greatest QB's of all time. Mark Sanchez, in all likelihood, will not. He'll be very good, especially if Buress and Holmes do what they are capabale of doing. But still, Brady trumps Sanchez. Sorry. Simple logic and beleiveing what you see, Zippy. Not math, not science, just IS.

Why is Boston so racist? Just because he's Mexican doesnt mean he has no future.

Oh trust me, I remember. I do not want to remember. It's freakin' painful, sir.

LOL, of course!

Brady is a great player, but at 34 and no longer clutch (his string of sub-par postseason performances eveidence of such) he's not going to lead you guys to a championship again. It's what naturally happens in the NFL.

The inherent flaw in the Patriots is that it's a team of mediocre talent led by a HOF QB whom the HC gameplans on being perfect every game. Whenever Brady does not play well the Pats are on the verge of losing by 2 TDs. There is not a single "big game" player left on the Pats roster. There's no player on there who can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

What's truly troubling is that the Pats haven't just lost postseason games in recent years, but HOME games and Brady has looked like crap in them. With that as a prologue, whenever the situation gets tough the players seem to get tight. We saw that in the Jets game.

The Jets weren't up by that much and Jim Nance was BEGGING the Pats for a comeback, but every Pats player was as tight as can be. Players don't forget that. "Oh no, it's happening again," can't be easily forgotten.

Finally, the worst thing for the Pats is that everything is meaningless until January. They can go 16-0 again and it won't matter until their first playoff game. What happens if Brady throws an early pick again? Will the Pats crumble again?

LOL, of course!

Brady is a great player, but at 34 and no longer clutch (his string of sub-par postseason performances eveidence of such) he's not going to lead you guys to a championship again. It's what naturally happens in the NFL.

The inherent flaw in the Patriots is that it's a team of mediocre talent led by a HOF QB whom the HC gameplans on being perfect every game. Whenever Brady does not play well the Pats are on the verge of losing by 2 TDs. There is not a single "big game" player left on the Pats roster. There's no player on there who can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

What's truly troubling is that the Pats haven't just lost postseason games in recent years, but HOME games and Brady has looked like crap in them. With that as a prologue, whenever the situation gets tough the players seem to get tight. We saw that in the Jets game.

The Jets weren't up by that much and Jim Nance was BEGGING the Pats for a comeback, but every Pats player was as tight as can be. Players don't forget that. "Oh no, it's happening again," can't be easily forgotten.

Finally, the worst thing for the Pats is that everything is meaningless until January. They can go 16-0 again and it won't matter until their first playoff game. What happens if Brady throws an early pick again? Will the Pats crumble again?

I've been saying this for a while now, the Pats have turned into the early 2000s Colts. Come the big stage, they fold time and again. I know Garb's argument is how they still made it to the Super Bowl in 2007, but there's also no question for anyone who was watching that the Pats team that year played SIGNIFICANTLY worse throughout the playoffs that year, but just managed to barely make it through to the Super Bowl. Hell, that team nearly got beat in the AFC Championship to the perennial postseason choke artist Chargers, with a QB playing on one leg and their two best offensive skill players hurt while Brady was busy throwing 3 picks. The year before that, other than smacking around the Chad-lead Jets they were a mess in the playoffs once again. Brady threw a game-ending pick against the Chargers only to get lucky as hell that the dipsh*t DB fumbled the ball to allow them to pull off that win and then a week later Brady did the same exact thing against the Colts.

The fact is its been years since the Pats have been anything close to the postseason team that they were in the early 2000s and there's more than just Super Bowl wins that support that argument fully.

I've been saying this for a while now, the Pats have turned into the early 2000s Colts. Come the big stage, they fold time and again. I know Garb's argument is how they still made it to the Super Bowl in 2007, but there's also no question for anyone who was watching that the Pats team that year played SIGNIFICANTLY worse throughout the playoffs that year, but just managed to barely make it through to the Super Bowl. Hell, that team nearly got beat in the AFC Championship to the perennial postseason choke artist Chargers, with a QB playing on one leg and their two best offensive skill players hurt while Brady was busy throwing 3 picks. The year before that, other than smacking around the Chad-lead Jets they were a mess in the playoffs once again. Brady threw a game-ending pick against the Chargers only to get lucky as hell that the dipsh*t DB fumbled the ball to allow them to pull off that win and then a week later Brady did the same exact thing against the Colts.

The fact is its been years since the Pats have been anything close to the postseason team that they were in the early 2000s and there's more than just Super Bowl wins that support that argument fully.

That doesnt matter. What matters is, they were 14-2 last season and Brady was the MVP and they just had the greatest offseason EVER!!!

I'm scared, very scared.

Excellent points, BG. Good that you go back to that Denver game in the 2005 playoffs.

Prior to the Denver game, Brady was 10-0 in the postseason. Since and including that Denver game, Brady is 4-5 in the postseason. In those 9 games Brady has 16 TDs and 13 INTs. In his 5 postseason loses, he's thrown 7 TDs and 7 INTs, while in the 4 victories he's thrown 9 TDs and 6 INTs. What that shows is a dramatic drop in performance from his 10-0 stretch (13 TDs and 2 INTs), even in the victories.

Postseason Record & TD/INT

10-0 - 14 TDs 3 INTs

4-5 - 16 TDs 13 INTs

Brady has been, at best, a mediocre postseason QB over his last 9 postseason starts. That includes pre-injury. That is more than just a trend. That is who Brady is now.

Sanchezs alleged improvement is a myth.

His completion percentage still sucks after 2 years and hes been dinking and dunking this preseason trying to bring it up close to the elite QBs of the league. Hes a Wannabe.

In 2009 he threw the ball 392 times for a 54.6 completion %. 13 TDs and 20 INTs. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2009'>http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2009

In 2010 he threw the ball 537 times for a 55.5 completion %. 17 TDs and 13 INTs. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

So, Sanchez threw the ball 145 more times in 2010 and only had 4 more TDs. Thats improvement? No, its not. Its the same amount of attempts per TD as 2009. And, before you try to spin that Sanchez had less INTs in 2010. Sanchez led the NFL in dropped INTs, AGAIN! http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/38447/sheer-luck-buoyed-mark-sanchezs-stats. Sooner or later luck is going to run out and he wont have the Jim Caldwells of the league calling timeouts allowing him a desperate chance to win a playoff game.

Sanchezs alleged improvement is a myth.

His completion percentage still sucks after 2 years and hes been dinking and dunking this preseason trying to bring it up close to the elite QBs of the league. Hes a Wannabe.

In 2009 he threw the ball 392 times for a 54.6 completion %. 13 TDs and 20 INTs. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2009'>http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2009

In 2010 he threw the ball 537 times for a 55.5 completion %. 17 TDs and 13 INTs. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

So, Sanchez threw the ball 145 more times in 2010 and only had 4 more TDs. Thats improvement? No, its not. Its the same amount of attempts per TD as 2009. And, before you try to spin that Sanchez had less INTs in 2010. Sanchez led the NFL in dropped INTs, AGAIN! http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/38447/sheer-luck-buoyed-mark-sanchezs-stats. Sooner or later luck is going to run out and he wont have the Jim Caldwells of the league calling timeouts allowing him a desperate chance to win a playoff game.

Why are you talking about the Jets?

This thread is about how awesome and perfect the Pats are and you said they would only win 8-9 games.

Archived