Terrell Pryor

Lupz27

I called that exact thing, talking about it with friends over the weekend. I said everyone rates him as a 4th\5th round value, so the Raiders will be the high bidder with a 3rd round pick.

Yeah, I figured he'd go for a 5th, and when I saw the headline that he had gone in the 3rd I was surprised, and then I saw it was to the Raiders, and I was no longer surprised. That seems like a very appropriate fit.

I called that exact thing, talking about it with friends over the weekend. I said everyone rates him as a 4th\5th round value, so the Raiders will be the high bidder with a 3rd round pick.

Sources say no other team was prepared to use a pick higher than a 5th round, so if the Raiders wanted him they would have to use a 4th rounder to make sure they would get him but they traded there 4th round pick fir Jason Cambell so they had to use the 3rd to make sure they got him.

I think Prior is probably about a 4th round value as a receiver/QB like Brad Smith. Smith had more experience at the position prior to his draft, but Prior ran a much faster 40, so I would put them on par. The Raiders spending a 3rd rounder is a slight reach, but shows they really wanted him.

Pryor is the type of project that should have gone to a team that can afford to use a draft pick on a luxury player. A place like NO, NE, IND, etc,, where they have a QB that will give this kid 4 years to learn and occasionally step in for a Wildcat formation play. OAK is gonna shove him right in there and kill any chance of him succeeding.

Archived