Just when thought the Dolphins couldn't possibly be more pathetic...

Klecko73isGod

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/fins-prepare-for-crowd-noise-at-home/

Fins prepare for crowd noise . . . at home

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT

With a 1-7 record at Sun Life Stadium in 2010, it’s fitting that the Dolphins would feel like strangers in their own home.

And so, as David Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel points out (via our pal Tom Curran of CSNNE.com), the Dolphins are pumping in crowd noise to prepare for the throng of Patriots fans who are expected to show up on Monday night.

It’s an unprecedented move by coach Tony Sparano.

“No, never before,” Sparano said regarding whether he’d ever done something like this. “One of the reasons we do it here is we are in South Florida and the New England teams and New York teams, there’s a a lot of fans out here.

“They have a good fan base themselves. Somehow they make their way into our stadium.”

They “made their way” into the stadium because Dolphins fans haven’t bought enough of the tickets. Just like all those Broncos fans will “make their way” into the stadium to watch Tim Tebow score the winning touchdown with blood on his jersey stand on the sidelines during that notorious reunion of the 2009 Florida Gators.

Meanwhile, we invite Dolphins fans to continue to complain about our assessment that they are the 29th-ranked team in the league right now. If they can concentrate on their keyboards while all those raucous Pats fans try to tell them to be glad the Dolphins aren’t 32nd.

:rl:

Dude, they are doing it during practice for a home game like they normally would for a road game.

yea but I'm telling you Joe they DO do it during home games-I've been near their stadium speakers and on every big 3rd or 4th down play they pump in very loud and enthusiastic Dolphins fans probably cheering for Mercury Morris on a 45 yard TD gallop. I understand that you are correcting stoic for his misunderstanding but my point is they DO do that.

so did you guys see that the Fins re-signed Larry Johnson this morning?

I think they did that a few weeks ago, actually. Again, pretty sad. When I heard "Larry Johnson", the first guy I thought of was "Grandmama" not the forgettable running back that hasn't taken a handoff in god only knows how long. Then again, their everydown back is Reggie freakin Bush, so I guess it makes sense to have as many backups as possible.

I think they did that a few weeks ago, actually. Again, pretty sad. When I heard "Larry Johnson", the first guy I thought of was "Grandmama" not the forgettable running back that hasn't taken a handoff in god only knows how long. Then again, their everydown back is Reggie freakin Bush, so I guess it makes sense to have as many backups as possible.

he was cut since then. I guess he's back

yea but I'm telling you Joe they DO do it during home games-I've been near their stadium speakers and on every big 3rd or 4th down play they pump in very loud and enthusiastic Dolphins fans probably cheering for Mercury Morris on a 45 yard TD gallop. I understand that you are correcting stoic for his misunderstanding but my point is they DO do that.

Both are really lame.

Archived