Will Maybin Be Active Or Inactive On Gamday?

flylikeajet

Will Maybin Be Active Or Inactive On Gamday?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will Maybin Be Active Or Inactive On Gamday?

Who is Maybin better than? You probably start with Josh Baker.

They will be more likely to keep him active against passing teams, but the Ravens have been putting it up a pretty fair amount lately. The Jets had some trouble getting off the field against them on 3rd downs last season.

Whether Maybin is active or not will probably depend on two things, special teams and injuries. If they need more bodies to cover for dinged players they may not be able to carry him. For instance if Mangold wants to go this week that is one more active player. If Cromartie is kept active they may want to keep the extra corner Trufant active whereas they might be willing to do without Trufant's special teams prowess if Cromartie were 100%.

Think he'll be active this week. Flacco threw the ball 48 times last week for 489 yards. Suspect Cro isn't going to be active. Wilson is going to get a work out. They embarrassed him last year on opening night. Suspect they will try that formula again.

Jets need a pass rush desperately. They haven't been blitzing the way they have in the past. They need something from the front 7.

He will be active and have 1.5 sacks.

You heard it here first ?!

That would be nice.

In order for that to happen the Jets will need a big push from the NT to make Flacco step back into Maybin's wide pass rush. Maybin is what he is. He's very fast off the edge, but doesn't have the strength to fight his way into the QB and is taken wide. He doesn't have any moves to get the OT off balance. If they can make the QB step back, he'll be there

He will be active and have 1.5 sacks.

You heard it here first ?!

Get rid of that ******* question mark!!

That would be nice.

In order for that to happen the Jets will need a big push from the NT to make Flacco step back into Maybin's wide pass rush. Maybin is what he is. He's very fast off the edge, but doesn't have the strength to fight his way into the QB and is taken wide. He doesn't have any moves to get the OT off balance. If they can make the QB step back, he'll be there

The one think I liked about Maybin in the preseason was his motor. He doesn't stop going for the QB. The way the Jets are capable of covering I think that he can make an impact even if he doesn't immediately get by the tackle. It makes sense for a part time player running out of options to go all out all the time, but it's surprising how many don't. What is it they say? Play like your hair is on fire.

That would be nice.

Difference i noticed between Maybin and Vernon Gholston a player we drafted very high in the first round a few years ago is both get taken wide but Maybin was still focused on coming back to the QB while that other player just gave up once he was taken wide.

Difference i noticed between Maybin and Vernon Gholston a player we drafted very high in the first round a few years ago is both get taken wide but Maybin was still focused on coming back to the QB while that other player just gave up once he was taken wide.

I mentioned that exact thing yourself, and Dom pointed out in the other Maybin thread. Maybin has displayed a big motor since he has been here.

I wonder how much time there will be. I doubt Cro will be dressed, and if he is, what kind of shape he will be in. If he isn't, that leaves it up to Wilson. He didn't fare so well against the Ravens last year.

Of course this is a year later

I mentioned that exact thing yourself, and Dom pointed out in the other Maybin thread. Maybin has displayed a big motor since he has been here.

I wonder how much time there will be. I doubt Cro will be dressed, and if he is, what kind of shape he will be in. If he isn't, that leaves it up to Wilson. He didn't fare so well against the Ravens last year.

Wilson has been one of the most improved players this year. Will be interesting to see how he performs if Cro is not on the field. Which i doubt to begin with.

Agree on this. Even if Maybin doesn't get sacks he has a good chance of causing routine pressure bc he doesn't give up. That can stick in the back of a Qb's head and make him speed up just a lil. Which a sec or two rushed can make a big difference.

I'd love to see Maybin get a chance. He's undersized, but if he's able to improve our overall pass rush, why not?

And since we've mentioned both Cromartie and Wilson, I agree, Wilson has been much improved, but I still want our defense at full strength. Cromartie is listed as being questionable, hopefully he's back and 100% ready to go. We need a healthy secondary.

there would be absolutely NO NEED to sign him if he wasn't going to play... or at least that was the plan. They could have used OL depth,but went this route. There is a reason (McKinnie). If Maybin looks even remotely OK, he's out there.

I'd love to see Maybin get a chance. He's undersized, but if he's able to improve our overall pass rush, why not?

And since we've mentioned both Cromartie and Wilson, I agree, Wilson has been much improved, but I still want our defense at full strength. Cromartie is listed as being questionable, hopefully he's back and 100% ready to go. We need a healthy secondary.

If he is back, he won't be 100%. Bruised lung is a serious, and painful injury

Archived