Maybin and Westerman

GREENBEAN

Hey... I thought he looked really good when he was in. Great motor and speed on this guy. He may develop into a legit pass rusher. That's my one golden nugget from last nights Sh*t fest.

I saw Westerman side step a block again. ( I noticed that in preseason too) I'm pretty sure it was on the one offensive TD against us. A good LB, especially someone who is trying to prove he belongs, blows the FB up in the backfield. Westerman got out of the way. That's something you either have or you don't.

This guys sucks and is nothing more than a ST guy. End of story IMO.

No doubt about Maybin's motor. If he starts getting consistent, albeit situational, playing time this is a guy that the opposition must account for. Even if he does not wind up with the sack he is disruptive enough to set things up for the other guys.

I saw Westerman's ballet moves on the TD, too. He really shied away from contact. Disappointing. We need him as a body for now, but it is safe to say that this experiment is over.

No doubt about Maybin's motor. If he starts getting consistent, albeit situational, playing time this is a guy that the opposition must account for. Even if he does not wind up with the sack he is disruptive enough to set things up for the other guys.

I saw Westerman's ballet moves on the TD, too. He really shied away from contact. Disappointing. We need him as a body for now, but it is safe to say that this experiment is over.

Westermann will be gone next season and well be drafting another potential pass rusher.

yeah what a shame its only week 5 huh?

I'm not calling the season over. I just agree that this Westermann/DP experiment is over. I don't think Rex should have singled him out like that, he's obviously not ready to contribute and has been horrible so far this season. Maybin has shown more in one game than Westermann has so far this season.

I'm not calling the season over. I just agree that this Westermann/DP experiment is over. I don't think Rex should have singled him out like that, he's obviously not ready to contribute and has been horrible so far this season. Maybin has shown more in one game than Westermann has so far this season.

Oh I knew that. Sorry if it sounded like I implied you were doing that. I was just commenting on the fact that if BT is out we have a whole lot of season left with Westerman out there. who knows? Maybe he steps it up having some real experience. It just doesn't look that way from what I've seen. You simply don't duck blocks in this league.... or in pee wee either for that matter :)

Oh I knew that. Sorry if it sounded like I implied you were doing that. I was just commenting on the fact that if BT is out we have a whole lot of season left with Westerman out there. who knows? Maybe he steps it up having some real experience. It just doesn't look that way from what I've seen. You simply don't duck blocks in this league.... or in pee wee either for that matter :)

I hope I'm wrong too. I have no faith in Westermann, but maybe he'll light it up in Thomas absence. But I do know that Thomas was great on those screen plays and setting the edge. I made that great open field tackle on DMC with no one else around and stopped what would have been a huge gain.

Can't be over yet. Thomas was hurt last night, and it didn't look good. Westerman will be a starter for some time I suspect. Maybin is what he is. He brings something to the D it badly needs, but you don't want to put him out there every play.

Can't be over yet. Thomas was hurt last night, and it didn't look good. Westerman will be a starter for some time I suspect. Maybin is what he is. He brings something to the D it badly needs, but you don't want to put him out there every play.

True but I don't think Westermann or Maybin can set the edge or step back and cover like Thomas could. Either way its a big drop off.

Archived