Rock and Roll HOF new inductees

faba

NEW YORK - Black Sabbath, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols are among five musical legends to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation will hold its induction ceremony March 13 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, the organization announced Monday.

Also to be inducted into the class of 2006: 1980s New Wave band Blondie and Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss, who founded A&M records in 1962, will receive a lifetime achievement award in the non-performer category.

Inductees into the side-men category will be announced at a later date.

Musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote on the nominations. Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.

[quote name="greengalUhhh...here is my question... if he changes his mind, will anyone understand him? :lol: he does speak English, doesnt he? sometimes i am not sure... :lol:

Valid point. But why is it that I can decipher MOST of his lyrics when he's singing, but cannot understand a damn thing he says when he speaks? He talks with marbles in his mouth.

Valid point. But why is it that I can decipher MOST of his lyrics when he's singing, but cannot understand a damn thing he says when he speaks? He talks with marbles in his mouth.

realizing i am far from an expert... < i know that will be shocking to some :lol: >

...but i think that it is the same thing as someone who can sing in a different launguage but cant speak it... OR... remember Jim Nabor? think about how he talked and sang....

"well golllllllly... " gomer pyle! :lol:

Miles Davis has gotta be rolling in his grave.

Rock and Roll HOF???

:)

Apparently it's more for his influence of rock musicians rather than the content of his own music.

Miles was reported to be pretty arrogant, difficult to approach and downright rude at times.

Too bad he's not alive.

"Uh....Mr. Davis....would you please join Geezer, Ozzy and Mr. Rotten on the stage for a photo?"

Archived