How is Plaxico an upgrade ?

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you watch the games in 2010? Did you watch the opener against the Ravens? The Packers game? The 2nd Dolphins game? The Monday Nighter against the Pats? Our QB needed a diaper in more than 1/4 of the games. Of course we suffered.

So i counted 4 games in a season of 16. And they were bad.

This season there is not a single game where the offense has impressed by the play for an entire game. Except for the Jags game we have not reached 30+ points mark in a single game. And that was a game Jags QB could not seem to throw away from our DB's.

And apart form Baltimore not a single game has been against a good defense.

Nope. It must be that! The team can't run. It must be the receivers! One WR has a sh*tload of TDs? It must be his fault! Edwards is hurt. He has barely played. He wouldn't have helped.

I will let my friend reply this one:

Sure Edwards might not have gotten hurt here

At the end of the day its almost comical when we blame everything else but that fact we have no deep threat after Braylon's departure and signing Burress has hurt the team.

Maybe Kerlye shows us something in the next 6 games. Besides that we can only hope the JETS FO gets it right next off season!

Simple question 10 > 4 ?

Bro, there was a 4 game stretch where the offense could barely score and Brad Smith bailed them out. The offense was horrible last year as well. The difference was, last year we could run the ball. Not to mention the 4 games we couldnt do sh*t for 58 minutes but we had Holmes to bail us out.

The passing game is exactly the same. sh*tty.

Bro, there was a 4 game stretch where the offense could barely score and Brad Smith bailed them out. The offense was horrible last year as well. The difference was, last year we could run the ball. Not to mention the 4 games we couldnt do sh*t for 58 minutes but we had Holmes to bail us out.

The passing game is exactly the same. sh*tty.

I cannot argue with sh*tty calling plays.

I said a 10 game stretch and you respond with 4.

So i counted 4 games in a season of 16. And they were bad.

This season there is not a single game where the offense has impressed by the play for an entire game. Except for the Jags game we have not reached 30+ points mark in a single game. And that was a game Jags QB could not seem to throw away from our DB's.

And apart form Baltimore not a single game has been against a good defense.

They weren't bad in those 4 days. They were atrocious. I will give you something simple to consider: The Jets worst passing performance this year was the Ravens game. It was actually an improvement over the 2010 Ravens game. I don't know why I am even responding to anybody that thinks the Jets didn't suffer from poor QB play in 2010, but kudos. You sucked me in!

They weren't bad in those 4 days. They were atrocious. I will give you something simple to consider: The Jets worst passing performance this year was the Ravens game. It was actually an improvement over the 2010 Ravens game. I don't know why I am even responding to anybody that thinks the Jets didn't suffer from poor QB play in 2010, but kudos. You sucked me in!

What i find it hard to believe that every one on this God's planet is responsible for JETS worse showing except the Burress for Braylon swap. While it is crystal clear that it has hurt us as an offense.

If you read the starting of this thread even you were not denying that. And now i guess we are arguing for the sake of arguing. And so I will stop.

What i find amazing if a ton of those posters suddenly seemed to have developed an invisibility for this thread. :)

Meh, I'm not a schotty fan, but I dont put that on him. Thats Snchz's strength. Thats the throw he's most comfortable with. When Sanchez is in a passing situation and he's kills a play, he's always check into the slant because thats his favorite throw...especially if he sees soft coverage which seems to eat him alive for some reason.

You dont put it on Schotty because thats Sanchez strength? Well, the entire NFL knows what YOU KNOW, that when he checks down its a "Slant".

My point exactly. Schotty is stupid.

What i find it hard to believe that every one on this God's planet is responsible for JETS worse showing except the Burress for Braylon swap. While it is crystal clear that it has hurt us as an offense.

If you read the starting of this thread even you were not denying that. And now i guess we are arguing for the sake of arguing. And so I will stop.

What i find amazing if a ton of those posters suddenly seemed to have developed an invisibility for this thread. :)

I don't like Burress, but statstically he has been on a par with 2010 Braylon. Still you want to blame him. What has he cost us? Teams are stacking the box so they can't run? Then why can't the Jets get any long completions? Holmes Keller and Kerley all should be able to get deep.

I don't like Burress, but statstically he has been on a par with 2010 Braylon. Still you want to blame him. What has he cost us? Teams are stacking the box so they can't run? Then why can't the Jets get any long completions? Holmes Keller and Kerley all should be able to get deep.

Whats better ? Stats or impact on the field ?

You dont put it on Schotty because thats Sanchez strength? Well, the entire NFL knows what YOU KNOW, that when he checks down its a "Slant".

My point exactly. Schotty is stupid.

How is that on Schotty? Thats what Snchz does best. He checks into the play. Not Schotty. And since when is it damning to call plays for throws your QB can actually make?

Oh ok. I will wait for the light that hasnt shone in the first 10 games to suddenly start sining without change of personnel! But you would know better!

I didn't ask you to do a thing. I honestly could not possibly care less whether you have the patience or not. Your season ended after ten games, and that's fine for you. I'll complete the full regular 16 as the NFL probably plans to do.

At this point the '08 team was what...7-3? Wake me up week 17 when the jets are actually done and not pissy, whiny fan done.

I didn't ask you to do a thing. I honestly could not possibly care less whether you have the patience or not. Your season after ten games, and that's fine for you. I'll complete the full regular 16 as the NFL probably plans to do.

How many TD's do you think Plax has at that point?

How is that on Schotty? Thats what Snchz does best. He checks into the play. Not Schotty. And since when is it damning to call plays for throws your QB can actually make?

A coordinator cant adjust an offense, ncluding audibles? Also, many of the slant plays are not plays changed by the QB, they're the original play called.

Of course its on the coordinator, Sanchez is a 3rd year QB. Just because it seems like the slant is his best play, its probably wise to give him audible calls that the entire NFL doesnt recognize. Just because its his "alleged" favorite throw doesnt mean that he cant make other throws. He's a professional QB and its a damn shame when fans such as ourselves know wha play is coming. That is the fault of the coordinator not coordinating and making adjustments. If its on Sanchez then let Sanchez be the onfield coordinator as well, either way it seems like Schotty doesnt do anything anyway.

He's a moron who doesnt know how to adjust his offense. He lets sanchez do stupid plays over and over again. If thats the case then he put his Jet career into the hands of a QB who obviously needs a coordinator, and not to be coordinating.

Either way its shotty's fault. He's a stupid moron of a man that if I seen in person Id tell him to his face.

Im pissed just thinking about this assclown.

A coordinator cant adjust an offense, ncluding audibles? Also, many of the slant plays are not plays changed by the QB, they're the original play called.

Of course its on the coordinator, Sanchez is a 3rd year QB. Just because it seems like the slant is his best play, its probably wise to give him audible calls that the entire NFL doesnt recognize. Just because its his "alleged" favorite throw doesnt mean that he cant make other throws. He's a professional QB and its a damn shame when fans such as ourselves know wha play is coming. That is the fault of the coordinator not coordinating and making adjustments. If its on Sanchez then let Sanchez be the onfield coordinator as well, either way it seems like Schotty doesnt do anything anyway.

He's a moron who doesnt know how to adjust his offense. He lets sanchez do stupid plays over and over again. If thats the case then he put his Jet career into the hands of a QB who obviously needs a coordinator, and not to be coordinating.

Either way its shotty's fault. He's a stupid moron of a man that if I seen in person Id tell him to his face.

Im pissed just thinking about this assclown.

I think your hatred is clouding you of the truth, Snchz deficiencies limit the plays you're able to call. Its more than just throwing the Football to a target. Snchz seems to that just fine, its everything that goes into it before just the pitch and catch. He's a mental midget from that perspective and its tough to call/design routes for someone who is so limited.

I too think Schottys an absolute moron, but its not because of this example. If anything, its the one area he's actually doing it right.

I think your hatred is clouding you of the truth, Snchz deficiencies limit the plays you're able to call. Its more than just throwing the Football to a target. Snchz seems to that just fine, its everything that goes into it before just the pitch and catch. He's a mental midget from that perspective and its tough to call/design routes for someone who is so limited.

I too think Schottys an absolute moron, but its not because of this example. If anything, its the one area he's actually doing it right.

Yeah, as if the plays differed with any other QB under Schotty. The offense looked anemic no matter the QB.

Its more than just throwing the football. Its about creating excellent play design, which Schotty has not a clue. This isnt just about passing plays. His offensive run designs are terrible as well. His designs NEVER give the back the opportunity to break for a big gain. They're typical blast plays up the gut, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Let me guess, is Greene and LT telling Sanchez to change the play to blast because thats the run they like best?

Schotty is the problem here. Sanchez isnt an elite QB yes, but the play design overall is terrible. Who the hell knows what Sanchez can be with a coordinator with a football IQ of my shoe size.

With last year's relative "dream team" (as the complaints suggest) of Edwards instead of Plaxico, Cotchery instead of Mason/Kerley, LT/Greene playing better, the OL playing like the NFL's best instead of one of its worst, and the defense playing far better:

• We were 1-3 when the defense held the opposition to 10 pts or less
  • We were 5-5 when the defense held the opposition to under 20 points
  • Sanchez nearly got benched
  • Edwards and Holmes were BOTH in contract years with big paydays on the line

This year:

• We are 3-2 when the defense holds the opposition to ~10 pts or less (Fitz getting a garbage 2-pt conversion on a garbage-time TD doesn't change things)
  • We are 5-2 when the defense holds the opposition to under 20 points

We are averaging roughly the same points per game and an additional 30 passing yards per game despite the OL going from best-in-the-league to total garbage, no TE on the team who can block, the ground game being awful all season long, Holmes already financially rewarded, Plaxico knowing he's never getting another megadeal due to his age alone, and an abbreviated training camp for Plaxico and Mason and Kerley.

If anything it suggests the current receivers have been an upgrade.

Worse still, the more time Sanchez has had with them the worse he's played. How that blame falls on his familiarity with the receivers or the talent of the receivers is beyond me.

Lastly, there isn't a GM in the NFL who thought Edwards was worth what he wanted from the Jets. With his tail between his legs he had to settle for less than 1/3 of what we offered Plaxico. SF got him for a price he wouldn't ever accept from the Jets after 2 years here and after we damaged his over-inflated ego. It is what it is. There is a salary cap and we signed a ton of veterans to a ton of money. For the money remaining, Plaxico is more than an adequate consolation prize (if he's even a consolation prize at all).

He's not even tearing it up or helping to stretch the defense with SF - his HEALTHY games with SF - with a QB playing far, far better than Sanchez.

Yeah, as if the plays differed with any other QB under Schotty. The offense looked anemic no matter the QB.

Its more than just throwing the football. Its about creating excellent play design, which Schotty has not a clue. This isnt just about passing plays. His offensive run designs are terrible as well. His designs NEVER give the back the opportunity to break for a big gain. They're typical blast plays up the gut, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Let me guess, is Greene and LT telling Sanchez to change the play to blast because thats the run they like best?

Schotty is the problem here. Sanchez isnt an elite QB yes, but the play design overall is terrible. Who the hell knows what Sanchez can be with a coordinator with a football IQ of my shoe size.

Gotcha. Maybe I should just simplify my point.

Creative plays/route designs + Mark Snchz = Disaster.

With last year's relative "dream team" (as the complaints suggest) of Edwards instead of Plaxico, Cotchery instead of Mason/Kerley, LT/Greene playing better, the OL playing like the NFL's best instead of one of its worst, and the defense playing far better:

• We were 1-3 when the defense held the opposition to 10 pts or less
  • We were 5-5 when the defense held the opposition to under 20 points
  • Sanchez nearly got benched
  • Edwards and Holmes were BOTH in contract years with big paydays on the line

This year:

• We are 3-2 when the defense holds the opposition to ~10 pts or less (Fitz getting a garbage 2-pt conversion on a garbage-time TD doesn't change things)
  • We are 5-2 when the defense holds the opposition to under 20 points

We are averaging roughly the same points per game and an additional 30 passing yards per game despite the OL going from best-in-the-league to total garbage, no TE on the team who can block, the ground game being awful all season long, Holmes already financially rewarded, Plaxico knowing he's never getting another megadeal due to his age alone, and an abbreviated training camp for Plaxico and Mason and Kerley.

If anything it suggests the current receivers have been an upgrade.

Worse still, the more time Sanchez has had with them the worse he's played. How that blame falls on his familiarity with the receivers or the talent of the receivers is beyond me.

Lastly, there isn't a GM in the NFL who thought Edwards was worth what he wanted from the Jets. With his tail between his legs he had to settle for less than 1/3 of what we offered Plaxico. SF got him for a price he wouldn't ever accept from the Jets after 2 years here and after we damaged his over-inflated ego. It is what it is. There is a salary cap and we signed a ton of veterans to a ton of money. For the money remaining, Plaxico is more than an adequate consolation prize (if he's even a consolation prize at all).

He's not even tearing it up or helping to stretch the defense with SF - his HEALTHY games with SF - with a QB playing far, far better than Sanchez.

Makes too much sense.

Archived