Donald Strickland

AFJF

Could he be any worse than Eric Smith at safety? He's taller. He's faster. He's a big hitter. Is it worth a look, and if so, would Rex try it and run the risk of hurting one of his players' feelings?

Could he be any worse than Eric Smith at safety? He's taller. He's faster. He's a big hitter. Is it worth a look, and if so, would Rex try it and run the risk of hurting one of his players' feelings?

Strickland hasn't been good this year & I don't expect him back in 2012.

Sadly, I'm sure he could be worse than Smith since we only notice his bad plays (plentiful as they are).

Here's an analogy: the coldest weather I was ever under outside, with the wind-chill, was about -50 degrees. While I certainly didn't think so at the time, technically it could have been even colder.

There are safeties on the roster, who have been behind Smith on the depth chart all season long, Doubting every single one of them would be better full-time starters than Smith, It is possible to be worse.

Giants may literally have to field a practice squad TE as their starter this week so Smith may not seem as bad.

Sadly, I'm sure he could be worse than Smith since we only notice his bad plays (plentiful as they are).

Here's an analogy: the coldest weather I was ever under outside, with the wind-chill, was about -50 degrees. While I certainly didn't think so at the time, technically it could have been even colder.

There are safeties on the roster, who have been behind Smith on the depth chart all season long, Doubting every single one of them would be better full-time starters than Smith, It is possible to be worse.

Giants may literally have to field a practice squad TE as their starter this week so Smith may not seem as bad.

Disagree...their PS TE is going to tear him a new one.

I know. :bag:

Dedrick Epps is probably giving him fits in practice this week.

Not to worry. Rex has assured us that Epps' dominance is to be expected. He's the best PS TE in the NFL, and Smith is carrying a heavy work load in practice.

I see your point and agree with you as a general concept, but that said, I think Smith is much more the exception than the rule. I truly believe it could not be any worse. I mean honestly, have you ever seen any player in the history of the NFL who falls flat on their face as often as that dipsh*t?

Smith is brutal in coverage. But it's not all on him. We have a huge whole in our D right now.

Our 2 ILb and 2 Safeties are all bad in coverage. It's just a poorly constructed D right now. Harris is one of the stiffest players I've ever seen. And Scott can't cover anyone either. But they are both very, very good otherwise.

But if you realize you are going to stuck with those 2 ILB, you have to go out and get good cover safeties. Leonhard is passable, but you couldn't go into the season with Smith as your other safety.

I don't give a sh*t what anyone says. Trading Dwight Lowery was a mistake.

Agreed 100%. I was one of the folks on here saying he should be moved to safety after his first season in the NFL. Eventually the Jets tried it and it worked well enough that I t hought he'd beat out Smith for the starting spot this year. Then Tanny gives him away? I'm a big Tanny fan but that's one of the few moves he's made that really pissed me off.

Archived