Jets will draft a QB in 2012

Joewillie2k12

On his wfan interview Mr T said a lot of good NFL GMs draft a QB almost every year--I think he was hinting he's going to draft a QB in 2012---my guess is Ryan Lindley from San Diego State in round 3-4--I seen his bowl game and although San Diego State lost Lindley looked good --6'4 great arm 4 yr starter------ Mark Sanchez needs a kick in the butt with a little younger completion

Why would Dallas ever agree to that?

Crazy thought I know...I live in Texas...many fans/local beat writers/radio are critical of Romo...he may look better than Mark but he still makes too many crucial mistakes and especially at critical times...Sanchez has a large appeal down here...I still find it funny to see all the #6 Jets jerseys.

The phone rings. Mike Tannenbaum picks it up

MT: Hello, Mr. Johnson!

Woody Johnson: Mike, my chauffeur just heard from the pool boy that ESPN is reporting that we just used a second round pick on another quarterback. Is this true?

MT: Well, uh, yes, uh...

WJ: Was it Peyton Manning?

MT: Uhhhhh, ha ha. Uhhhhh, no. Ha ha. His name is Ryan Tannehill. He's...

WJ: Tannehill? That doesn't sound like anyone who might appeal to any specific, lucrative demographic. Why on earth did we draft another quarterback? What about that Mike Sanchez fella that I've given $30 million dollars to?

MT: Well, uhhhhhh, you see Mr. Johnson, uhhhh we thought that, moving forward...

WJ: We thought?

MT: Rex! REX thought...

The phone rings. Mike Tannenbaum picks it up

MT: Hello, Mr. Johnson!

Woody Johnson: Mike, my chauffeur just heard from the pool boy that ESPN is reporting that we just used a second round pick on another quarterback. Is this true?

MT: Well, uh, yes, uh...

WJ: Was it Peyton Manning?

MT: Uhhhhh, ha ha. Uhhhhh, no. Ha ha. His name is Ryan Tannehill. He's...

WJ: Tannehill? That doesn't sound like anyone who might appeal to any specific, lucrative demographic. Why on earth did we draft another quarterback? What about that Mike Sanchez fella that I've given $30 million dollars to?

MT: Well, uhhhhhh, you see Mr. Johnson, uhhhh we thought that, moving forward...

WJ: We thought?

MT: Rex! REX thought...

I like Tannehill...could see him taken in the first round...not sure we would go there...but if we did I hope we have a different set of coaches to help him.

Archived