Likelihood Sanchez will be the Jets starting QB in 2012?

stoicsentry

Agree with everything except I think if he stopped aiming the ball and just threw it, he'd improve his accuracy. I dont think he'll ever been an super accurate passer but I think he could improve if he stopped aiming for WR's. Sling it and throw it to a spot. Its almost like he's one of those Qb's that aim for the numbers on ever pass hence all the back shoulder passes that break a receivers stride.

his anticipation is poor.. might be why we see a lot of hitches and slants.. easier routes to throw

his anticipation is poor.. might be why we see a lot of hitches and slants.. easier routes to throw

Absolutely, but even on those plays, he is inaccurate because he's trying to place the ball. Like I said, I think he aims for the numbers, doesnt throw to a spot...his anticipation and him reading the field...those are the things he might figure out in 5 years at the pace he learns so I didnt include those plus other things.

Baby steps, CTM. Baby steps.

Absolutely, but even on those plays, he is inaccurate because he's trying to place the ball. Like I said, I think he aims for the numbers, doesnt throw to a spot...his anticipation and him reading the field...those are the things he might figure out in 5 years at the pace he learns so I didnt include those plus other things.

Baby steps, CTM. Baby steps.

what i'm saying you twit is that poor anticipation leads to late throws which leads to back shoulder throws and minimal yac

what i'm saying you twit is that poor anticipation leads to late throws which leads to back shoulder throws and minimal yac

I am so glad the Hiring of Soprano will automatically improve sanchez's accuracy and his simplified OC plan will help him read a defense and help call out protections. All you need to know about sanchez is just 2 plays. The Pick6 vs Denver where he had Mcnight open and Mckight's wheelroute vs Gints. The Pick6 he cant make the read and misses him and when he does make a good read like vs Gints, he cant make the throw, that was an EZ pass and a certain TD. It's real sad when you are forced to have your top 5 QB pick have to hand it off 40x a game to hide him. Jets FO is just delaying the inevitable. I just dont see how this TS helps him, he has called plays just once in his long career. At least i have Bama loaded for bear again in 2012. And Really Hope Schott is OC.

I am so glad the Hiring of Soprano will automatically improve sanchez's accuracy and his simplified OC plan will help him read a defense and help call out protections. All you need to know about sanchez is just 2 plays. The Pick6 vs Denver where he had Mcnight open and Mckight's wheelroute vs Gints. The Pick6 he cant make the read and misses him and when he does make a good read like vs Gints, he cant make the throw, that was an EZ pass and a certain TD. It's real sad when you are forced to have your top 5 QB pick have to hand it off 40x a game to hide him. Jets FO is just delaying the inevitable. I just dont see how this TS helps him, he has called plays just once in his long career. At least i have Bama loaded for bear again in 2012. And Really Hope Schott is OC.

That's a damn good team. Awesome defense, so well coached. Much better then most pro teams. The QB stepped up against a tough defense on a big stage too. I was very immpressed

That's a damn good team. Awesome defense, so well coached. Much better then most pro teams. The QB stepped up against a tough defense on a big stage too. I was very immpressed

Yes Saban fixed bama in just 2 short years, Shula really effed it up. So glad Nick passed on Brees, otherwise he would still be in Miami. He will be making $6M per at Bama so we hope he stays. I think Schott is perfect replacement too, he uses alot of motion like Mcelvaine. Bama has #2 ranked class for this year. Going to be a great run

I know I have a lot of content on the board but I've said all those things. Its not about his stats its about his awful habits. And there was a time when I defended him. Even had his picture in my avatar.

Anyway, he's going to be our QB so I'll say this. I'd be happy if he broke these habits:

Stop aiming the ball. He tries to place every pass. Just sling it already. I think if he stopped trying to place every pass and just threw it, he'd improve his accuracy (hitting recievers in stride, throwing through a window and throw a WR open). His arm isnt terrible. That I think is correctable.

Stop staring down pressure. See it, slide and get your eyes down field. He has a problem with this in the pocket. Freaking guy had his eyes closed vs. the Giants during one rush. Ugh

Stop staring down receivers. Not only are corners and LB'ers reading eyes, OL does too, especially vs. shorter QB's hence all the batted balls at the LOS.

Most importantly, man the **** up. Stop being such a pussy. Be a leader.

I'll stop painting with such a broad brush here. I honestly think tensions are still really high that our season is over and people need something (someone) to blame. I know he is not loved on this site, obviously, but people do still want him to succeed.

Having said that, I agree with you here JiF, he is absolutely trying to PLACE the ball and it is really messing him up. All he heard all off season is completion percentage needs to go up and I think he really took that too heart so he became gun shy and tried to place every single pass. What he really needs to do is just go out there and play the ******* game.

If you're getting blitzed...MOVE! Go through your reads and sling the damn ball!

Basically just play the game and stop thinking so much.

I'll stop painting with such a broad brush here. I honestly think tensions are still really high that our season is over and people need something (someone) to blame. I know he is not loved on this site, obviously, but people do still want him to succeed.

Having said that, I agree with you here JiF, he is absolutely trying to PLACE the ball and it is really messing him up. All he heard all off season is completion percentage needs to go up and I think he really took that too heart so he became gun shy and tried to place every single pass. What he really needs to do is just go out there and play the ******* game.

If you're getting blitzed...MOVE! Go through your reads and sling the damn ball!

Basically just play the game and stop thinking so much.

Agree, it why he checked down so quickly too.. For my money he looked like a much better prospect in 2009 when he was more fearless.

In 2009, he was 7th in the league at 12.5 YPC, in 2011 he was 26th at 11.3

Now he looks like a less accurate version of noodle arm, which sucks

Agree, it why he checked down so quickly too.. For my money he looked like a much better prospect in 2009 when he was more fearless.

In 2009, he was 7th in the league at 12.5 YPC, in 2011 he was 26th at 11.3

Now he looks like a less accurate version of noodle arm, which sucks

This is really all it comes down to. What can Sanchez do better now than when he came into the league? Anything? Serious question. Can you name one thing? I can't.

Archived