Top 50 NFL busts and what they are doing now

Kleckineau

Mark Sanchez is no better than Rick Mirer.....get over it Marky Mark jock sniffers.

Same clown in this thread has been up his azz for 2 years now backpedals.

Sure he is better than Jamarcus Russell but big deal so was Akili Smith.

You guys are in denial about this.

You wait, youll see when he is backing up a real QB somewhere or out of the league what a huge waste / bust he was.

Dude, Sanchez is not a top 5 bust. Nor could he ever reach that status based on what he's accomplished thus far in his career. You gotta give that one up.

It'd be pretty hard to say I'm in denial about Sanchez. I think my track record on that issue speaks for itself.

So now you have gone from the "He is a proven playoff QB mantra, 4 wins blah blah blah" to "Sanchez aint' a good QB right now"

As a failed #5 pick he will be right up there with and might surpass Blair Thomas in Jets draft misery.

Granted, he isnt Ryan Leaf. He may be a decent backup somewhere eventually.

He is the latest version of Rick Mirer except Mirer never had the luxury of his suckness being hidden by coming to a championship ready team with a top defense like Snachez had.

Gholston would go ahead of Sanchez is you were to put another Jet on that list.

Sanchez sucks but he's got career winning record and started all but one game since being draft. He's horrible but he doesnt belong on that list.

FWIW read the unaltered OP, see the ?. Learn to read. My position remains Snachez being Mirer 2.0 and possibly supplanting Blair Thomas a worst Jet pick ever so.......whatever, truth hurts, he's here, admit he sux..

But he's not close to being the worst Jet pick ever. By throwing one TD pass he ensured that.

Vernon Gholston did literally NOTHING for three years. He couldn't get so much as one sack to trigger a million-dollar bonus. He is easily the biggest bust in Jet history and it ain't remotely close.

I sincerely doubt the Jets will ever miss that badly on a pick again. It would be hard for any team to ever miss that badly.

The Charlie Rogers thing is a sad story to me. I remember reading a piece on him in SI prior to that draft. I remember it was pretty sad story and the article was mostly about how hard he was going to try and turn his life around and how blessed he was for the opportunity yadda yadda. He was probably the most talented player on that bust list.

But he's not close to being the worst Jet pick ever. By throwing one TD pass he ensured that.

Vernon Gholston did literally NOTHING for three years. He couldn't get so much as one sack to trigger a million-dollar bonus. He is easily the biggest bust in Jet history and it ain't remotely close.

I sincerely doubt the Jets will ever miss that badly on a pick again. It would be hard for any team to ever miss that badly.

Progress on your part I guess going from "he's great just look at his 4 road playoff wins, hes better than Flacco Ryan Freeman etc etc" to "He's not the worst Jet pick ever"

So Ill ask ya then. If he aint the worst pick ever for NYJ name one other pick that probably cost the team a chance at playing in the SB..............twice.

You can say all you want about Gholston this, Blair Thomas that, Dave Cadigan etc that but there just isnt any comparison when you pick a QB that high vs an LB or HB ot OL in terms of long term negative impact.

Progress on your part I guess going from "he's great just look at his 4 road playoff wins, hes better than Flacco Ryan Freeman etc etc" to "He's not the worst Jet pick ever"

So Ill ask ya then. If he aint the worst pick ever for NYJ name one other pick that probably cost the team a chance at playing in the SB..............twice.

You can say all you want about Gholston this, Blair Thomas that, Dave Cadigan etc that but there just isnt any comparison when you pick a QB that high vs an LB or HB ot OL in terms of long term negative impact.

So you're saying we should have signed Matt Cassel or AJ Feeley or Fitzpatrick, etc. in 2009 instead of drafting Sanchez? And that they (lol) could have won those championship games?

FWIW read the unaltered OP, see the ?. Learn to read. My position remains Snachez being Mirer 2.0 and possibly supplanting Blair Thomas a worst Jet pick ever so.......whatever, truth hurts, he's here, admit he sux..

Also an lol@ this backpeddle. Asking top 5 means you assume he's at least in the top 10 NFL busts all time, which is just as ridiculous.

I'm done arguing with irrational people who have no reading comprehension skills and actually think Mark Gastineau was a good football player who deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Joe Klecko.

Archived