Top 50 NFL busts and what they are doing now

Kleckineau

http://www.lostlette...-are-they-now/2

Should there be a waiting period of 5 yrs post retirement before entry is permitted into this "Hall Of Shame"? If so.......

I say Gholston cracks the top 10 when he becomes eligible.

Sanchez top 5?

Seriously?

Did you even look at the list? Sanchez aint' a good QB right now but he ain't close to being as bad as any of the QBs on that list.

Sanchez has never had a sub-500 season and has gone deep into the playoffs 2 of 3 yrs. I'm not saying he's good, but we've got a long list of ahead of him on this team alone. Ron Faurot, anyone? Mike Haight? And, yeah, Gholston will be an all-time bust based on the fact that he could have earned a million bucks with one sack and couldn't even do that.

Sanchez has never had a sub-500 season and has gone deep into the playoffs 2 of 3 yrs. I'm not saying he's good, but we've got a long list of ahead of him on this team alone. Ron Faurot, anyone? Mike Haight? And, yeah, Gholston will be an all-time bust based on the fact that he could have earned a million bucks with one sack and couldn't even do that.

Dewayne Robertson, Mike Faurot, Blair Thomas, Johnny Lam Jones. The list goes on.

Probably because he held the NCAA record for career receptions, as misguided a reason as that may be.

Or, because after spending the #1 overall pick on a WR, the Jets decided they needed another one with the first pick in the 2nd Rd. Morons.

The only reason I even remember that name is he fumbled or dropped a big pass in denver in 1998...

Seriously?

Did you even look at the list? Sanchez aint' a good QB right now but he ain't close to being as bad as any of the QBs on that list.

So now you have gone from the "He is a proven playoff QB mantra, 4 wins blah blah blah" to "Sanchez aint' a good QB right now"

As a failed #5 pick he will be right up there with and might surpass Blair Thomas in Jets draft misery.

Granted, he isnt Ryan Leaf. He may be a decent backup somewhere eventually.

He is the latest version of Rick Mirer except Mirer never had the luxury of his suckness being hidden by coming to a championship ready team with a top defense like Snachez had.

So now you have gone from the "He is a proven playoff QB mantra, 4 wins blah blah blah" to "Sanchez aint' a good QB right now"

As a failed #5 pick he will be right up there with and might surpass Blair Thomas in Jets draft misery.

He is the latest version of Rick Mirer except Mirer never had the luxury of his suckness being hidden by coming to a championship ready team with a top defense like Snachez had.

waa waa

he's not even as bad a bust as todd was

spoiled jets fans, never thought I'd see it

Actually, Rick Mirer came to a team that went to the AFC Championship the year before he came, was predicted to go to the SB the year that he was there, and he failed miserably when called upon. So, your point is incorrect

Probably because he held the NCAA record for career receptions, as misguided a reason as that may be.

Or, because after spending the #1 overall pick on a WR, the Jets decided they needed another one with the first pick in the 2nd Rd. Morons.

That's still not even why it was so bad. They'd just lucked into an UDFA rookie WR who got open at will and never dropped the ball AND shelled out bucks for Jeff Graham. So they had Graham and Chrebet, then drafted Keyshawn, THEN drafted Van Dyke.

20/20 hindsight and all, but it only makes it more painful in hindsight that after Van Dyke at #31 came Toomer, Muhammad, Engram, T.O., Horn, and Jeffers, Yuck.

Kyle Brady, Browning Nagle, Dave Cadigan,

Dorian Boose, Derrick Strait, Justin Miller.

When you look at some of the Drafts we've had back in the day. The drafts over the last ten years look fantastic in comparison.

http://www.nfl.com/d...=3430&type=team

Brady and Cadigan played in the league for awhile...even as starters. Sadly, they are not amongst the biggest busts.

The Van Dyke picked killed me. You have the 1st pick in the 2nd round and go WR after taking Keyshawn. Wow.

Actually, Rick Mirer came to a team that went to the AFC Championship the year before he came, was predicted to go to the SB the year that he was there, and he failed miserably when called upon. So, your point is incorrect

Are you serious? Really?

If you are referring to when the Jets picked him up everone knew he was already a failure so whats your point??

I was comparing him to Sanchez during his 1st 3-4 years with Seattle

Kyle Brady, Browning Nagle, Dave Cadigan,

Dorian Boose, Derrick Strait, Justin Miller.

When you look at some of the Drafts we've had back in the day. The drafts over the last ten years look fantastic in comparison.

http://www.nfl.com/d...=3430&type=team

Wow hadn't thought about this kid in a long time. I remember everybody saying he was a stud and would be a great cover corner. I think he went to Oklahoma in college. Dang he just never got on the field, what a bust.

Wait a minute...why in the hell is Jamarcus Russell not in the top 5? He should actually be about number 2 on the list behind Ryan Leaf because of his 1st pick status and being the worst QB I have ever seen. Atleast Leaf had some talent. Jamarcus just had a cannon arm, a fat belly, and a craving for dat purple drank.

First of all, I've never said Sanchez was a "proven" anything so that's you attempting to create a red herring argument.

Look at the histories of the QBs on that list of all-time draft busts, to suggest Sanchez is a top 5 all-time draft bust is to say you lack any sense of perspective whatsoever.

First of all, I've never said Sanchez was a "proven" anything so that's you attempting to create a red herring argument.

Look at the histories of the QBs on that list of all-time draft busts, to suggest Sanchez is a top 5 all-time draft bust is to say you lack any sense of perspective whatsoever.

Oh yes you did and there are about a thousand posts you made to back it up.

The polite description would be backpedaling.

As far as Snachez being one of the all time worst picks he still has work to do but he is on track.

couldn't agree more. most of the QB's on this list have WAY more interceptions to touchdowns with huge losing records. Sanchez on the other hand has a winning record and a much better td to int ratio! GP.

As far as Snachez being one of the all time worst picks he still has work to do but he is on track.

Your just shot!! not even close!!

Another one purported to be a "Joe Montana type" QB. Always a nice way of saying too small and no arm, but oh those "intangibles". This type of hype for no-talent QB's never seems to end.

Better backpedalling than being so wrong and refusing to admit it. Sanchez is not even a top 5 bust in his DECADE, let alone NFL history. Here are 5 picks worse than Sanchez in his decade alone:

JaMarcus Russel #1 overall, Raiders

Matt Leinart, #10 overall, Cardinals

Reggie Bush, #2 overall, Saints

Charles Rogers, #2 overall, Lions

David Terrell, #8 overall, Bears

I could go on. There's probably at least 30 guys that would go above Sanchez on that list for his decade alone....then there's another half century of NFL history to add to it even further. Top 5? lol

Better backpedalling than being so wrong and refusing to admit it. Sanchez is not even a top 5 bust in his DECADE, let alone NFL history. Here are 5 picks worse than Sanchez in his decade alone:

JaMarcus Russel #1 overall, Raiders

Matt Leinart, #10 overall, Cardinals

Reggie Bush, #2 overall, Saints

Charles Rogers, #2 overall, Lions

David Terrell, #8 overall, Bears

I could go on. There's probably at least 30 guys that would go above Sanchez on that list for his decade alone....then there's another half century of NFL history to add to it even further. Top 5? lol

Mark Sanchez is no better than Rick Mirer.....get over it Marky Mark jock sniffers.

Same clown in this thread has been up his azz for 2 years now backpedals.

Sure he is better than Jamarcus Russell but big deal so was Akili Smith.

You guys are in denial about this.

You wait, youll see when he is backing up a real QB somewhere or out of the league what a huge waste / bust he was.

Mark Sanchez is no better than Rick Mirer.....get over it Marky Mark jock sniffers.

Same clown in this thread has been up his azz for 2 years now backpedals.

Sure he is better than Jamarcus Russell but big deal so was Akili Smith.

You guys are in denial about this.

You wait, youll see when he is backing up a real QB somewhere or out of the league what a huge waste / bust he was.

You're the only clown in this thread my friend.

Lol, you are a clown dude. Despite how bad he sucks, Sanchez still has a winning record as a QB, still tied the league record for the most road playoff wins, and still was a half game away from the SB twice. Even if he's just a borderline starter or backup, it doesn't matter how bad he sucks, comparing him to the QBs on that list is just stupid because he's already accomplished a lot more than any of them. Maybe if he was a #1 overall pick you would have a case, but not at #5 overall, when we practically stole the pick from Mangini.

Archived