My Take On Manning

Favorite_Toon

Hey look... I am hearing way too much garbage about manning... Several months ago they were saying he had a Noodle arm.. That was one NFL GM view on him.. Now we are hearing that Peyton doesnt like the cold and that the jet lockeroom is a circus and that Peyton wouldnt want to share the same city with Eli... So I will adress all this garbage and also keep in mind fellow Jet fans.. All these reports are coming from writers opinions not facts.

Adam Shein.. "Peyton Manning will never play another down in football again" Umm...Do we even need to go there?

Cannizarro "Dolphins make the most sense for Peyton" Well if you read the whole story about manning landing in miami you would know that couldnt be furthur from the truth...

Fat boy Mike Francessa "I am hearing that manning wants Houston" Then we are told by a Houston writer there is no way they are interested in Manning. Cut Shaub.. Hell if they do that I will take Shaub..lol

Peyton Manning doesnt want to play in the cold weather... Well I live in NY..unlike alot of people on this board.. And I have to tell you this... weather is changing... it doesnt get bitter cold to at least dec nowadays.. I mean even in november the weather wasnt that bad... and We didnt even have a major snow storm this year... (knock on Wood) So thats garbage..

The Jet locker room is a mess... Oh really? The problems started because teamates were fustrated with Sanchez and they spoke out... Manning comes in.. that immediatly goes away... A legend like Manning would correct that...

Ground and Pound... Welll... yes it will be our new look offense (actually our old one) but thats because you utilize what you have.. Sanchez is a ground and pound Qb... He is not an air it out drew Brees arron rodgers type player so you fit the system for what you have... remember this.. Our new O coir Sporano never called plays before.. Manning comes that changes aswell... You think if you have Manning under center.. you say..we are still a ground and pound team?

Jets dont have enough offensive weapons? Well... we sure do... but with Sanchez throwing to Plexi Glass and Santonio Holmes and Keller it made them look like crap..

Two predictions.. If Manning comes to the jets.. Keller and Santonio both goto probowl..and when Plaxico gets to his new team with Vick throwing him the ball they will say wow plaxico is back to his old ways...

Jets Defense is on the decline? Umm we were 5th overall and on the field probaly more minutes then any other team in the nfl... how many 3 and outs can a D take?

You can Hate manning to the jets for personal reasons... But I leave you with this...

If manning signs here and is on the team for 4 years... and we only win one superbowl... it would be worth it... See people say you have to get younger!!! No you dont!! You have to win Superbowls...

I take Manning Over Sanchez, Henne, flynn or anyone else that would be availiable any day of the week and twice on sundays..

Hey look... I am hearing way too much garbage about manning... Several months ago they were saying he had a Noodle arm.. That was one NFL GM view on him.. Now we are hearing that Peyton doesnt like the cold and that the jet lockeroom is a circus and that Peyton wouldnt want to share the same city with Eli... So I will adress all this garbage and also keep in mind fellow Jet fans.. All these reports are coming from writers opinions not facts.

Adam Shein.. "Peyton Manning will never play another down in football again" Umm...Do we even need to go there?

Cannizarro "Dolphins make the most sense for Peyton" Well if you read the whole story about manning landing in miami you would know that couldnt be furthur from the truth...

Fat boy Mike Francessa "I am hearing that manning wants Houston" Then we are told by a Houston writer there is no way they are interested in Manning. Cut Shaub.. Hell if they do that I will take Shaub..lol

Peyton Manning doesnt want to play in the cold weather... Well I live in NY..unlike alot of people on this board.. And I have to tell you this... weather is changing... it doesnt get bitter cold to at least dec nowadays.. I mean even in november the weather wasnt that bad... and We didnt even have a major snow storm this year... (knock on Wood) So thats garbage..

The Jet locker room is a mess... Oh really? The problems started because teamates were fustrated with Sanchez and they spoke out... Manning comes in.. that immediatly goes away... A legend like Manning would correct that...

Ground and Pound... Welll... yes it will be our new look offense (actually our old one) but thats because you utilize what you have.. Sanchez is a ground and pound Qb... He is not an air it out drew Brees arron rodgers type player so you fit the system for what you have... remember this.. Our new O coir Sporano never called plays before.. Manning comes that changes aswell... You think if you have Manning under center.. you say..we are still a ground and pound team?

Jets dont have enough offensive weapons? Well... we sure do... but with Sanchez throwing to Plexi Glass and Santonio Holmes and Keller it made them look like crap..

Two predictions.. If Manning comes to the jets.. Keller and Santonio both goto probowl..and when Plaxico gets to his new team with Vick throwing him the ball they will say wow plaxico is back to his old ways...

Jets Defense is on the decline? Umm we were 5th overall and on the field probaly more minutes then any other team in the nfl... how many 3 and outs can a D take?

You can Hate manning to the jets for personal reasons... But I leave you with this...

If manning signs here and is on the team for 4 years... and we only win one superbowl... it would be worth it... See people say you have to get younger!!! No you dont!! You have to win Superbowls...

I take Manning Over Sanchez, Henne, flynn or anyone else that would be availiable any day of the week and twice on sundays..

LOL

I agree with everything in this post.

Btw it seems to me that there are alot of media types that just simply hate the Ny Jets....

Jason LaCanfora from the NFL network for one..

Peter King

Florio

Even Cimini...

All there opinions are worth nothing... but dont kid yourself they do damage...Because since they have there own hidden agenda.. They make enough smoke.. Manning might feel like theres some truth to it...

Favre will never sign with the NY jets!! Peter King... Hmmm.... Yeah that worked out pretty well for him huh...

Favre will never sign with the NY jets!! Peter King... Hmmm.... Yeah that worked out pretty well for him huh...

Good point.

I’d say the Jets have as good a chance as anyone at getting him, but some of the other locations (Miami, Arizona, etc.) wouldn’t surprise me either.

Right now, it’s all sportscaster speculation anyway. The good news is that it sounds like “Manning-Watch ‘12” will reach its conclusion sooner rather than later.

I really shouldn’t be watching all the ESPN anchors talking this thing to death, but I can’t turn away. I had a bad dream last night that Suzy Kolber was interviewing a Subway employee who once sold Manning a five-dollar footlong:

Kolber: “Given your intimate relationship with Peyton, where do you think he’ll ultimately land?”

Subway Guy: “Um…I dunno, Montreal? Look, if you’re not gonna order anything I’m going to have to ask you to step away from the counter.”

Kolber: “I smell a Peabody Award.”

Archived