Confessions Of A Tebow Hater

JetNation

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude it's irrelevant now because you don't have a ****en clue about what your talking about.

Very well articulated. lol You could tell the discussion is coming to a close when the cursing begins. lol smh Just a tip. Take the emotions out of it and just ingest the facts. You will always come to a more honest conclusion for anything. For now, though, we had better call it a day; this seems to be upsetting you too much.

Your first sentence is basically what I meant. And btw, aren't you assuming that a person is either religious or an atheist? lol not so. Anyway, to your OP, it is silly to "hate" an athlete really, but understanding the context, such as you "hated" him for being an SEC rival (perfectly understandable), I hate what he drags along with him....compounded now by the true reason behind it all....HardKnocks. In other words, the fact that I am posting about the similarities between Islam and Christianity on JetsNation makes me ill. lol

Yes staying out of those threads for sure. Hard Knocks again too funny, but I will get HBO back if it happens. It is silly to hate an athlete, I guess what I hate is more what they do to my team and hence my pain increases. I admit to putting way too much stock in sports. So the reality is I never really hated tebow just took the time to learn more when he became a Jet. I hope my religion vs atheists was at least something where you understood what I was saying, the semantics not withstanding.

Forgive me mods, I cant help myself. I have a problem.

But for starters:

Same prophets -- Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Job, Aaron, Moses, Solomon, Jacob, Jonah, John, David.. etc.

Same stories- The Creation story, the account of the flood, Solomon-Sheeba story, Jonah-whale story, Jacob-sold, David-Golliath, Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Moses-10 plague of Egypt, ...and many other

Same commandments-- (first one is from the famous Ten Commandments found in Exodus. Second from the Koran and Islamic texts)

-Thou shall not take any God except one God.

- There is no God except one God (47:19)

-Thou shall make no false images of God.

-There is nothing whatsoever like unto Him (42:11)

-Thou shall not use God’s name in vain.

-Make not God’s name an excuse to your oaths (2:224)

-Thou shall honor thy mother and father.

-Be kind to your parents if they attain old age in thy life, say not a word of contempt nor repel them but address them in terms of honor. (17:23)

- Thou shall not steal.

--As for the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands, but those who repent

after a crime and reform shall be forgiven by God (5:38 – 39)

-Thou shall not lie or bear false witness

--They invoke a curse of God if they lie. (24:7) Hide not the testimony (2:283)

-Thou shall not kill.

--If anyone has killed one person it is as if he had killed the whole mankind (5:32)

-Thou shall not commit adultery.

--Do not come near adultery. It is an indecent deed and a way for other

evils. (17:32)

-Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife or possessions.

- Saying of Muhammad- “One of the greatest sins is to have illicit sex with your neighbors wife”.

-Thou shall keep the Sabbath holy.

--When the call for the Friday Prayer is made, hasten to the remembrance of

God and leave off your business. (62:9)

I never meant for this to happen, JN. lol And let me also add that ALL three western religions are taken basically rehashed pagan beliefs using a more "king-friendly" monotheistic approach. For example the terms of the original New Testament were hammered out by Emperor Constantine and a group of Roman nobleman, along with select high priests from the controlled areas, at the Council of Nicea (The Nicean Creed) after the decision was made to incorporate Christianity. They decided to use mainly St. Paul's epistles, the four gospels "which they carefully chose," and others while discarding the rest. Finally, they infused their own pagan traditions, which explains things like the Christmas tree and the Easter bunny hiding eggs.

So, these so called differences and similarities are really those decided by the opposing Empires AND have been revised by such through the centuries, even breaking off into different sects within the religion.

Finally, my main point remains the same: If Tebow were a Muslim, he probably wouldn't be such a "great guy."

Very well articulated. lol You could tell the discussion is coming to a close when the cursing begins. lol smh Just a tip. Take the emotions out of it and just ingest the facts. You will always come to a more honest conclusion for anything. For now, though, we had better call it a day; this seems to be upsetting you too much.

Thanks, I suggest you start by reading the New Testament. Like I said before peace be with you, and even if you don't deserve it. Are you a Christian?

You guys suck at this.

Nah...just when some people love taking pot shots at someone's religion and then try to rationalize their true intentions with fabrications.....that's all, sorry if I got over blown, but I think it's still cool because the mods haven't shut us down yet. And believe me that wasn't my intention.

Nah...just when some people love taking pot shots at someone's religion and then try to rationalize their true intentions with fabrications.....that's all, sorry if I got over blown, but I think it's still cool because the mods haven't shut us down yet. And believe me that wasn't my intention.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Thanks, I suggest you start by reading the New Testament. Like I said before peace be with you, and even if you don't deserve it. Are you a Christian?

lol Are you reading any of this? I'm a recovering Catholic, and I suppose once again I've posted hordes of facts to support my stance and they'll remain uncontested. Oh well. So, since you can not show me how the two religions are so vastly different that I must be "from another planet" for saying what I did, even though I've taken the time to illustrate what I meant, then maybe you could just tell me (and Brooklyn Jet) exactly how I'm now taking "pot shots" at your religion? because it seems the only one here taking pot shots is you. lol In one thread you've cursed me, basically called me an idiot.........and the whole reason I wrote anything to begin with is because you called the players on the team "****en assholes" (because they aren't Tebow). I don't know....... lol

lol Are you reading any of this? I'm a recovering Catholic, and I suppose once again I've posted hordes of facts to support my stance and they'll remain uncontested. Oh well. So, since you can not show me how the two religions are so vastly different that I must be "from another planet" for saying what I did, even though I've taken the time to illustrate what I meant, then maybe you could just tell me (and Brooklyn Jet) exactly how I'm now taking "pot shots" at your religion? because it seems the only one here taking pot shots is you. lol In one thread you've cursed me, basically called me an idiot.........and the whole reason I wrote anything to begin with is because you called the players on the team "****en assholes" (because they aren't Tebow). I don't know....... lol

I have had no interaction with you, I never posted the words pot shots till right now, you are obviously delusional.

Interesting thing is that when the Jets traded for Tebow there was all this hysteria that hordes of Tebow Christians were going to descend on the site making it unreadable because of all their evangelizing .

The only ones I see repeatably bringing up religion are the ones that hate Tebow because of his faith.

Go figure

I have had no interaction with you, I never posted the words pot shots till right now, you are obviously delusional.

Whoa, take it easy, bro. lol I said maybe he can tell me AND YOU........only because it was in a post TO YOU where he made such a claim. I don't really see how that was misread, but yeah, that's what's really happening here. Chill

Interesting thing is that when the Jets traded for Tebow there was all this hysteria that hordes of Tebow Christians were going to descend on the site making it unreadable because of all their evangelizing .

The only ones I see repeatably bringing up religion are the ones that hate Tebow because of his faith.

Go figure

It was pretty much the same on the Denver board, unfortunately religion always gets dragged in

Whoa, take it easy, bro. lol I said maybe he can tell me AND YOU........only because it was in a post TO YOU where he made such a claim. I don't really see how that was misread, but yeah, that's what's really happening here. Chill

Do you honestly think I am reading any of this crap?

Go figure

So, you don't see that the reason for this flair up is in fact religion? You don't already sense the sensitiveness to the subject? For example, who said anything about hating Tebow for his faith? That right there is a typical defensive reaction. Nobody here HATES Tebow for anything but the media circus and ulteriorly motivated following. That may or may not be all his fault depending on how much he is milking the whole thing. If you follow along this particular thread you will see how things only "flaired up" when it could no longer be disputed that Islam and Christianity are very similar, in many cases identical. It is a very common theme when someone's religion is questioned. You might even say it starts wars. lmao smh

So, you don't see that the reason for this flair up is in fact religion? You don't already sense the sensitiveness to the subject? For example, who said anything about hating Tebow for his faith? That right there is a typical defensive reaction. Nobody here HATES Tebow for anything but the media circus and ulteriorly motivated following. That may or may not be all his fault depending on how much he is milking the whole thing. If you follow along this particular thread you will see how things only "flaired up" when it could no longer be disputed that Islam and Christianity are very similar, in many cases identical. It is a very common theme when someone's religion is questioned. You might even say it starts wars. lmao smh

religion, politics and sexuality are always going to be hot button topics, they were before Tebow they will be after Tebow arguing any of those on a football forum is the equivalent of pissing into the wind. There is no right or wrong, just varied shades of opinion

It was pretty much the same on the Denver board, unfortunately religion always gets dragged in

It gets "dragged in" huh? So, you don't think his religion was "pushed" forward at all? lol So, all of this is because posters hate that he Tebows and mentions his religion every chance he gets and his hasn't been exploited by the media and church hasn't thrust him into near sainthood for "endorsing" their "product"?

****in boards, man smh

Just out of curiosity, were you on the Denver boards and now the Jets boards because of Tebow? I'm asking because I, for example, have never been on any other team's boards. That's because to me it's about my team. Now, I admit I don't know ur story, maybe ur a UF alum or maybe ur a Denver fan who doesn't like offense so u've switched over, but I'm willing to bet there are tons just like you that know how badly religion was treated on the Denver board and now here because they are a Tebow fan first and foremost and I'm also willing to bet they all didn't go to UF. See what I'm saying? Nobody dragged in ish. It was dumped on our f----in head! lol

It gets "dragged in" huh? So, you don't think his religion was "pushed" forward at all? lol So, all of this is because posters hate that he Tebows and mentions his religion every chance he gets and his hasn't been exploited by the media and church hasn't thrust him into near sainthood for "endorsing" their "product"?

****in boards, man smh

and this has to do with football because? there are plenty of boards to discuss religion both calm debate and idiotic rants, they aren't hard to find. I don't care if he stands on the 50 yard line every game and bows down to the flying spaghetti monster(may he touch you with his noodly appendages). It doesn't offend me that he starts every interview with first and foremost I want to thank my lord and savior blah blah blah, or that he ends every interview with god bless. mostly because at that point the game is over and who gives a **** what he has to say. I don't care what any athlete or celebrity has to say on any subject. I will go about my happy way in life and they can go their way

LOL

But not so much by Tebow. I didn't like Tebow in college, I'm a Canes fan, but because I live in Florida I have heard the kid speak dozens of time. He seldom does any evangelizing .

He generally opens pressers with thanking God, and closes with "thank you, and God Bless". That's about it. Dozens of other players do the same thing. For some reason Tebow haters/ Christian haters have to bring up his faith in almost every post.

I'm a Jets fan. Strangely enough I come to Jets boards to read about, and discuss Jets football. Could care less about Tebow's faith, or Mo Wilkerson's faith .

Really don't want to hear wantabe religious experts professing their superior knowledge of the Qur'an, the Torah, the Tawrat, the Tanakh, or the New Testament.

Maybe I'm weird, but I would much rather talk Jets football with out attacking anyone's faith.

This really is getting old very quick

I'm not being defensive at all. Have no reason to. The only one making this a circus in this thread is you.

and this has to do with football because? there are plenty of boards to discuss religion both calm debate and idiotic rants, they aren't hard to find. I don't care if he stands on the 50 yard line every game and bows down to the flying spaghetti monster(may he touch you with his noodly appendages). It doesn't offend me that he starts every interview with first and foremost I want to thank my lord and savior blah blah blah, or that he ends every interview with god bless. mostly because at that point the game is over and who gives a **** what he has to say. I don't care what any athlete or celebrity has to say on any subject. I will go about my happy way in life and they can go their way

yeah.....I know, and also what I said. Let's just pretend it's not happening. lol smh You want football talk? We've dissected this thing every which way. Look down at my signature and that's about all you need to know about tim the qb

I'm not being defensive at all. Have no reason to. The only one making this a circus in this thread is you.

No. I'm the only one laying out objective facts. Let's recap: I questioned why his religion makes him a "great guy" and the rest of the team assholes. I stated that if he were a devout muslim it would be different even though they are almost identical religions. I was called an idiot for saying that they are similar. I backed up my stance with an abundance of facts. They couldn't be contested so instead I was taking "pot shots" at religion and everyone hates Tebow because of his faith.

It's all there. See, where this could have taken the right course is the part right after I dug up a few little things to support what I said. Right there! A nice respectful response, supported by facts, would have been fine. That's where the "circus" ensued, and the name calling began, and usually does.

visajets>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lancemehl.

You always have a lot to offer, man. lol Just once I would love to hear something intelligent from over there. Or at least go back to posting funny pictures. something besides wasting fonts, dude, really. smh You admit you dont read sh*t and it shows, but you know that I'm wrong. haha

You always have a lot to offer, man. lol Just once I would love to hear something intelligent from over there. Or at least go back to posting funny pictures. something besides wasting fonts, dude, really. smh You admit you dont read sh*t and it shows, but you know that I'm wrong. haha

I'm glad you feel that way.

yeah.....I know, and also what I said. Let's just pretend it's not happening. lol smh You want football talk? We've dissected this thing every which way. Look down at my signature and that's about all you need to know about tim the qb

I would argue that Tebow did pretty well the first time he faced NE, there is no arguing the Bills, the 2nd NE game and the KC game were pretty bad. Although the 2nd NE game they weren't going to win no matter how Tebow played. Completion% is a pretty useless stat IMO. Better to focus on low YPA.

No. I'm the only one laying out objective facts. Let's recap: I questioned why his religion makes him a "great guy" and the rest of the team assholes. I stated that if he were a devout muslim it would be different even though they are almost identical religions. I was called an idiot for saying that they are similar. I backed up my stance with an abundance of facts. They couldn't be contested so instead I was taking "pot shots" at religion and everyone hates Tebow because of his faith.

It's all there. See, where this could have taken the right course is the part right after I dug up a few little things to support what I said. Right there! A nice respectful response, supported by facts, would have been fine. That's where the "circus" ensued, and the name calling began, and usually does.

An instant reply of this no less

Good Grief, I give up

An instant reply of this no less

Good Grief, I give up

I am on my knees Tebowing, begging for u to pick one thing that I've said and tell me what is your problem with it. lol Just one time. Good grief...what? What did I say that is false? Can you explain to me why it is false? It's called a discussion, dude. Really. One time. smh You give up?

Go back to the beginning of the thread and tell me.....quote the line.......once. No. I know, you don't wanna "waste your time" right? lol Unbelievable. It really is.

Archived