Confessions Of A Tebow Hater

JetNation

Oh really? Sanchez would be happy to hear that.

Sanchez issue is turnovers, he was 2nd worst in the NFL last year at protecting the ball, too many int's too many fumbles lost. Throwing a ground ball or 3 a game pales in comparison to 2 picks/fumbles a game an incoplete can be inconsequential, a turnover very rarely is. Luckily the jets D is very good at creating turnovers themselves so it balances out a bit. If he can improve that 1 category he will drastically increase the competitiveness of your team

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too funny dude....Islam and Christanity are the same....you've got to love the intelligence level of some people....As for Tebow, I am all in. I think we will be fine......and I also hope Sanchez improves to a point where Tebow doesnt see the field and if that happens we are in for some ride. In either case I see playoffs coming.....

I guess 2+2=5 in your world huh dude?Can't argue with that right?

I guess 2+2=5 in your world huh dude?Can't argue with that right?

What is it with some of you guys.....one a-hole takes pot shots at christianity and god help us when a guy like Tebow shows his faith. All I said was to the idiot who had Satan 15 printed on a Jets Jersey was "that's not cool" and he goes into his BS spin about Islam. WTF guys give it a rest.

lol Are you reading any of this? I'm a recovering Catholic, and I suppose once again I've posted hordes of facts to support my stance and they'll remain uncontested. Oh well. So, since you can not show me how the two religions are so vastly different that I must be "from another planet" for saying what I did, even though I've taken the time to illustrate what I meant, then maybe you could just tell me (and Brooklyn Jet) exactly how I'm now taking "pot shots" at your religion? because it seems the only one here taking pot shots is you. lol In one thread you've cursed me, basically called me an idiot.........and the whole reason I wrote anything to begin with is because you called the players on the team "****en assholes" (because they aren't Tebow). I don't know....... lol

Please make sure you take your meds today ok...

lol Are you reading any of this? I'm a recovering Catholic, and I suppose once again I've posted hordes of facts to support my stance and they'll remain uncontested. Oh well. So, since you can not show me how the two religions are so vastly different that I must be "from another planet" for saying what I did, even though I've taken the time to illustrate what I meant, then maybe you could just tell me (and Brooklyn Jet) exactly how I'm now taking "pot shots" at your religion? because it seems the only one here taking pot shots is you. lol In one thread you've cursed me, basically called me an idiot.........and the whole reason I wrote anything to begin with is because you called the players on the team "****en assholes" (because they aren't Tebow). I don't know....... lol

Too sad dude....too sad!

I did my best to write a light hearted piece on my personal transformation with regards to Tim Tebow. To all Jets football fans I sincerely apologize that I contributed instead to transforming jetnation.com to what this thread has become. I will not mention Tim Tebow in another article until the season begins, and that will only be the context of what he did on the football field. I love the New York Jets and all I want is for them to win before I die. I want to write things that Jets fans enjoy and that spark football conversation that we can all learn from also adding the occasional funny comment as many who share this site make me laugh. I cant wait for the draft, OTAs and camp to start........here's to a great 2012 season.

I did my best to write a light hearted piece on my personal transformation with regards to Tim Tebow. To all Jets football fans I sincerely apologize that I contributed instead to transforming jetnation.com to what this thread has become. I will not mention Tim Tebow in another article until the season begins, and that will only be the context of what he did on the football field. I love the New York Jets and all I want is for them to win before I die. I want to write things that Jets fans enjoy and that spark football conversation that we can all learn from also adding the occasional funny comment as many who share this site make me laugh. I cant wait for the draft, OTAs and camp to start........here's to a great 2012 season.

for the record I thought your writing was quite enjoyable, and hope to read more in the future. Don't feel bad about the direction the conversation took, you had no control over that

I don't think this was your fault....you can't help how people have absolutely no regard nor any respect for each other or their belief system. Its a sad state of affairs actually. It's indicative of the times we live in.....in any event...GO JETS.

LOL

But not so much by Tebow. I didn't like Tebow in college, I'm a Canes fan, but because I live in Florida I have heard the kid speak dozens of time. He seldom does any evangelizing .

He generally opens pressers with thanking God, and closes with "thank you, and God Bless". That's about it. Dozens of other players do the same thing. For some reason Tebow haters/ Christian haters have to bring up his faith in almost every post.

I'm a Jets fan. Strangely enough I come to Jets boards to read about, and discuss Jets football. Could care less about Tebow's faith, or Mo Wilkerson's faith .

Really don't want to hear wantabe religious experts professing their superior knowledge of the Qur'an, the Torah, the Tawrat, the Tanakh, or the New Testament.

Maybe I'm weird, but I would much rather talk Jets football with out attacking anyone's faith.

This really is getting old very quick

Great post. And its 100% spot on. He really does nothing more than any other athlete. How many times do athletes start an interview with, "first off, I'd like to thank god." Happens all the time. He's not the first player to pray on the sidelines. He's not the first player to start a prayer circle after a game. He doesnt push religion down anyone's throat. He gets asked about it and he says "Lord Jesus Christ is my savior" or something like that...that's it, that's all. I've followed this kids entire career, he's not this bible pushing nut job everyone makes him out to be.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a religious person. I have big issues with it...but I couldnt care less what the dude's faith is. It has zero bearing on my life.

Great post. And its 100% spot on. He really does nothing more than any other athlete. How many times do athletes start an interview with, "first off, I'd like to thank god." Happens all the time. He's not the first player to pray on the sidelines. He's not the first player to start a prayer circle after a game. He doesnt push religion down anyone's throat. He gets asked about it and he says "Lord Jesus Christ is my savior" or something like that...that's it, that's all. I've followed this kids entire career, he's not this bible pushing nut job everyone makes him out to be.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a religious person. I have big issues with it...but I couldnt care less what the dude's faith is. It has zero bearing on my life.

JIF I think with Tebow its a bit more genuine. I mean when Mike Tyson found his wonderful new faith did biting peoples ears off come with the plan ? Not to say all atheletes are imbeciles like Tyson but I just think a lot of them are phony when it comes to the faith stuff. Tebow never comes off as phony. Deion Sanders used to do it all the time and then he was in the Gentlmens clubs here in Dallas with 3 women on his lap wonder how God and his Family felt about that. I dont think Tebow frequents Strip Clubs.

JIF I think with Tebow its a bit more genuine. I mean when Mike Tyson found his wonderful new faith did biting peoples ears off come with the plan ? Not to say all atheletes are imbeciles like Tyson but I just think a lot of them are phony when it comes to the faith stuff. Tebow never comes off as phony. Deion Sanders used to do it all the time and then he was in the Gentlmens clubs here in Dallas with 3 women on his lap wonder how God and his Family felt about that. I dont think Tebow frequents Strip Clubs.

Its genuine because its who he is. Its his life. His father was a minister. His father always dreamed he'd have a son who'd follow in his foot steps. They live their life in the path of god, or whatever. He was home schooled so that they could incorporate god into their children's curriculum. Not the way I chose to live my life, but I'm not going to knock him for doing so. Good for him. Lot worse ways to go about life. That's for sure.

Its genuine because its who he is. Its his life. His father was a minister. His father always dreamed he'd have a son who'd follow in his foot steps. They live their life in the path of god, or whatever. He was home schooled so that they could incorporate god into their children's curriculum. Not the way I chose to live my life, but I'm not going to knock him for doing so. Good for him. Lot worse ways to go about life. That's for sure.

Yeah i'm a complete atheist but i agree with that...spot on mate.

+1

Interesting thing is that when the Jets traded for Tebow there was all this hysteria that hordes of Tebow Christians were going to descend on the site making it unreadable because of all their evangelizing .

The only ones I see repeatably bringing up religion are the ones that hate Tebow because of his faith.

Go figure

+1

So, if you go to church, you are an awesome person? I don't know. I went to Catholic School for 10 years, was an Altar boy for 4 and went to church (kind of somewhat regularly) up until I was around 30 years old. Then I woke up. Look, I won't even go into my views on the church and religion and government throughout history. If you want I mention it in my blog. But being a practicing Christian in NO WAY makes you spiritually superior than anyone. In fact, there are schools of thought (and studies to back it) that link religion to LOWER intelligence. That's just fact. Whatever you believe is fine and it has no business in a sports discussion. For that reason, it is also a school of thought that religion does NOT bode well in a locker room and is a distraction. (see Jeff Van Gundy)

Tim Tebow is a 22 year old kid who goes to church. He may or may not be exploiting it to gain support and $ where he otherwise wouldn't, but what is for sure is that he is NOT a spiritual leader. He is no better than anyone else on the team for going to church. That does not mean crap on the football field or in the locker room and may very well be divisive.

If this WERE a full on discussion about religion, I would venture to say (and would be backed up by some) that there is a good chance Tebow has a totally different view when he matures...like myself and many others. And that may be sooner than later based on how the "church" treats him during and at the end of this. Furthermore, I am willing to bet that Tim Tebow has never once explored any other "religion." I am willing to bet that he has no idea the origins of other religions, and there is a good chance that there are a great many things he doesn't know about his own religion that may or may not shock him. That's not his fault. He's a 22 year old football player!!

Again, this isn't a knock on Christianity, although I have plenty, and if I wanted to play that role I would even say that it's wrong to push such indoctrination on anyone (I barf when I hear Kurt Warner talk about using his stardom "strategically" to spread the word). I'm not even gonna bring out the fact that if a devout Muslim were on a team nobody would say crap about him bringing the locker room together, even though they are basically identical religions. Because that is exactly what makes sports so great, which is why you could say he is tainting the sport with this.

lmao I'm sorry I have to laugh. What makes everyone so sure that he will be a "great philanthropist"?? Because he goes to church and mentions Christ and kneels? I can't wait a couple years when there are no more big contracts for Tim.....but everyone will still have their hands out....shoving a collection basket in his face. Wait until he tries to explain to his "fans" that he isn't really making THAT much and he does have to think about his future. It's sad actually.

Have you read Chidester...love that book...good stuff...

Your post was awesome and please feel free to continue bringing good stuff to the boards. Just read this thread and even though couple posters got a little carried away it is actually not as bad as I would have guessed.

That being said.. "No religion on the board." We have a cool function called Teh PM. Anyone here can privately debate and nobody else will see it. Try it guys it's fun. .

Your post was awesome and please feel free to continue bringing good stuff to the boards. Just read this thread and even though couple posters got a little carried away it is actually not as bad as I would have guessed.

That being said.. "No religion on the board." We have a cool function called Teh PM. Anyone here can privately debate and nobody else will see it. Try it guys it's fun. .

Thanks I really appreciate that

Archived