Melvin Ingram vs. Chandler Jones

RyanBe_Tweetin

I was watching ESPN earlier with Sal Paolantonio reporting that the Jets would like to take either Ingram or Jones if they are there at the Jets pick. So if it comes down to these 2, who would you want the Jets to take with the 16th pick in this year's draft? Personally, I prefer Ingram just because Jones didn't put up good numbers against weak competition and personally I don't know why hes a mid first round pick all of sudden just because of his athleticism and measurables

Jones looks pretty farkin good on tape. Call me crazy, but I would love to have him on our defense. Plays with great leverage with those gigantic arms and rarely, if ever gets pushed off his spot. I think he is worthy of a 1st round pick, for sure.

I'm leaning towards the guys who are bigger and can flex between DE and OLB. Whoever that may be - I guess Coples, Ingram, Mercilus. In a perfect world they can drop down a few spots and still get the one they want. But I'm guessing they have an exact guy that they want and won't risk moving down.

As I recall, Mangini dropped down in the second or third round and the eagles swooped in a took Gocong. That left us with Schlegel.

i'd love that pick. Mercilus had the most sacks in the nation last year. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I'd be entirely down. He needs some technique work too, so there's a lot of upside, and he looked better in space than in tight areas so OLB might suit him well. If they want a pass rusher he's a great option.

Archived