biggest holes left to fill

kay_gee

You know your roster stinks when blocking TE, RT, and RB are showing up amongst the biggest holes. Thats how it works right? Those are the positions that aren't a dime a dozen.

Exactly. This place cracks me up. Worst roster in the league but the biggest holes are pretty much the easiest to fill. lol

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly what about Forte is over rated ?

JC I understand Fprte is a pipe Dream but I like like to dream now and then :)

We all love to dream...just wish we had pursued the other guy this past off season...IMO...Michael Bush was great addition for the Bears and we would have been well served to take a look...maybe the Jets know something we don't and they value what is on our roster...but your point is well taken...we need some versatility/pass catcher out of the backfield.

I'm confused...I thought Schottenheimer failed last year because the talent sucked, but now the talent level is good enough to win with? Well, kind sir, I think you're working toward an agenda!!!

Hey, Mark Sanchez. I didn't know you were such a fan.

We all love to dream...just wish we had pursued the other guy this past off season...IMO...Michael Bush was great addition for the Bears and we would have been well served to take a look...maybe the Jets know something we don't and they value what is on our roster...but your point is well taken...we need some versatility/pass catcher out of the backfield.

no doubt I really wanted Bush in a big way

Exactly. This place cracks me up. Worst roster in the league but the biggest holes are pretty much the easiest to fill. lol

the offense is going to be historically bad this season. I'm willing to wager money on that as well.

Any back with decent enough blocking can do that. He offers zero ability after contact, zero breakaway ability, cant catch, , runs up linemens asses...but he gains 3 yards, sometimes.

Didn't he catch 30+ Mark Sanchez passes last year? Wasn't he picking up 4 a pop last year?

Why do you need a special RB to run this offense? It's 2012, who even puts all their marbles into one RB anyway? The actual issue at RB, again, is that someone has to step up behind him and no one is sure of who that is.

Didn't he catch 30+ Mark Sanchez passes last year? Wasn't he picking up 4 a pop last year?

Why do you need a special RB to run this offense? The actual issue at RB, again, is that someone has to step up behind him and no one is sure of who that is.

He offers zero big play ability. We had the least amount of big plays i the league from our passing game last season and our QB is back....complimenting a sh*tty passing game with a slow footed running back who cant catch is idiotic.

Why do you need a special RB to run this offense? The actual issue at RB, again, is that someone has to step up behind him and no one is sure of who that is.

30 catches ? have a look at the top backs in the league and how much pressure they take off their QB's and how much they up their completion percentage. Back in the old days (70's )QB's had mid 50's comp percentages because they almost never threw to backs. Would be nice to have a Ray Rice who catches 75 + balls and Darren Sproles who catches 80 + and Forte who averages 55 a season with a 4.9 rushing average to boot and a 10.0 receiving average as a back. If there is one missing link on the new Jets offense its a solid receiving back or a solid all around back who can play every down

Cant figure out the hate for Greene. He's solid. He's enough to not go and invest a stupid pick or spend too much money in FA on a position that doesnt mean sh*t.

There were 14 thousand yard rushers last season - Greene being one of them and he averaged the fewest attempts per game, playing behind struggling OL and a pass attack that scares no one.

He offers zero big play ability. We had the least amount of big plays i the league from our passing game last season and our QB is back....complimenting a sh*tty passing game with a slow footed running back who cant catch is idiotic.

Tf? Did you just blame him for the passer's faults and then luck into what a non-thinker would probably view as a good, football gospel sounding conclusion?

Who has Shonn Greene around as a RB for his big play ability? Again, didn't he just pick up 30 catches last year showing that him catching the ball isn't the impossible act you're trying to paint it to be? He is what he is and he isn't the question mark in the running game going into the season.

Tf? Did you just blame him for the passer's faults and then luck into what a non-thinker would probably view as a good, football gospel sounding conclusion?

Who has Shonn Greene around as a RB for his big play ability? Again, didn't he just pick up 30 catches last year showing that him catching the ball isn't the impossible act you're trying to paint it to be?

What the hell is Shonn Greene around for then? To just give the ball to by default? What does he do well?

30 catches ? have a look at the top backs in the league and how much pressure they take off their QB's and how much they up their completion percentage. Back in the old days (70's )QB's had mid 50's comp percentages because they almost never threw to backs. Would be nice to have a Ray Rice who catches 75 + balls and Darren Sproles who catches 80 + and Forte who averages 55 a season with a 4.9 rushing average to boot and a 10.0 receiving average as a back. If there is one missing link on the new Jets offense its a solid receiving back or a solid all around back who can play every down

The Jets had 89 completions to a RB last season (that doesnt include attempts as we know there we drops), I know the Saints blow that number out of the water, I wonder how many other teams have that high of a number to RB's? And is there offense good?

Cant figure out the hate for Greene. He's solid. He's enough to not go and invest a stupid pick or spend too much money in FA on a position that doesnt mean sh*t.

There were 14 thousand yard rushers last season - Greene being one of them and he averaged the fewest attempts per game, playing behind struggling OL and a pass attack that scares no one.

Inorite? dont let the facts get in the way of these guise!!!!

Bad QB who;'s turnover happy. a RT who can't play. Slow footed running back with no big play ability, one decent WR

The offense is a total ****ing disaster

Thats not context. How is the offense going to be historically bad? Least amount of scoring ever? Least amount of passing yards ever? Least amount of TD's better? Most turnovers?

Saying you have a crappy QB, RT and RB isnt giving any context on how the offense is going to be historically bad.

Thats not context. How is the offense going to be historically bad? Least amount of scoring ever? Least amount of passing yards ever? Least amount of TD's better? Most turnovers?

Saying you have a crappy QB, RT and RB isnt giving any context on how the offense is going to be historically bad.

Scoring points.

Then pick up another one and there's no worries for the running game.

Wow. Considering how bad our passing game has been, complimenting it with a default back who's strength is "being able to pick up3-5 yards, sometimes" makes absolutely zero sense.

Right? RBs the best player on teams with loaded Ds...I didn't know where you were going with that either.

2068 yards from scrimmage and 15 total td's...yeah he's probably your best player. Someone needs to score points.

the offense is going to be historically bad this season. I'm willing to wager money on that as well.

You have a bet.

Historically 3 three of the worst teams ever were the 76 Bucs 125 points The 71 Bills 184 points scored, and Houston in 73 199 points scored.

Taking the average points scored of the historically 3 worst teams, I'll bet you $1,000 the Jets score more then 169 points in 2012

You have a bet.

Historically 3 three of the worst teams ever were the 76 Bucs 125 points The 71 Bills 184 points scored, and Houston in 73 199 points scored.

Taking the average points scored of the historically 3 worst teams, I'll bet you $1,000 the Jets score more then 169 points in 2012

Im talking strictly the offense. Special teams and defensive TD's do not count.

Archived