Would The Jets Trade Their First Round Pick?

YJF

This is just some food for thought.

The Jets probably have a good idea of the players that will be available for them by the time, Their pick rolls around.

I think the targets are Carlos Rogers, Justin Miller, Jammal Brown, Alex Barron and Heath Miller.

If all of those guys are gone. Do you trade the pick and get more picks later.

Or Do you deal the pick to a team for a high profile player that may be on the block.

Like just for arguments sake. The Jets trade their first round pick for Charles Woodson.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets trade down into the early second round and pick up another 1st for next year or something. There seems to be enough good players out there that will be drafted in the early second.

What if say none of the DT's are off the board who will be the first one off and should the Jets take him?

I think if Alex Barron is still on board *cough* Ham *cough* we should take him.

I don't know what The Jets think of The DT's in this draft. The position is not that strong. There isn't that one high profile guy.

But because of that, The Jets might have their pick of DT's. I don't know who they like out of the bunch.

But it's certainly an area that they will look at.

What if say none of the DT's are off the board who will be the first one off and should the Jets take him?

the first one off will likely be Anttaj Hawthorne due to his pro potential - i think he can succeed as a JET due to the immense talent that he would be playing with (i.e. DROB and 2 all-pro DE) but then again that position could be the cushiest DL job in the league for that very reason...

the first one off will likely be Anttaj Hawthorne due to his pro potential - i think he can succeed as a JET due to the immense talent that he would be playing with (i.e. DROB and 2 all-pro DE) but then again that position could be the cushiest DL job in the league for that very reason...

Bit I've been meaning to ask you about him. You were so high on this kid a little while ago, why is he listed at 9th on DD?

James Hasty {Eagles} made me an offer for the 26th Pick ... he wanted to move up for Barron

If there were trades allowed in the mock his offer would have been mighty tempting ... and I probably would have taken it

He offered the Eagles #1 {31 Overall} and #2 {63 Overall}

Actually Ham I offered #31 and the second third rounder # 94 (I think). I wasn'r born yesterday.

Oh I misunderstood ... I wouldn't have taken that offer ... not enough to pass on a possible franchise LT ... but thanks anyway :D

According to the trade value chart I looked at it would have been a fair trade. It looks like we had the same idea about Barron's value though.

James Hasty {Eagles} made me an offer for the 26th Pick ... he wanted to move up for Barron

If there were trades allowed in the mock his offer would have been mighty tempting ... and I probably would have taken it

He offered the Eagles #1 {31 Overall} and #2 {63 Overall}

That's a good offer. The problem with it is that you have to bypass a few players that you might like.

You only miss out on 5 players though. You gotta make sure you got 6 guys on your list that you were willing to draft at 26. That way, It doesn't matter what anyone does in front of you.

Bit I've been meaning to ask you about him. You were so high on this kid a little while ago, why is he listed at 9th on DD?

well he showed up fat to the combine and Senior Bowl and you know how i hate that - the way i see it if you can't be bothered to get into peak physical condition for the biggest job interview of your life, then what worth are you?

but having thought about it i think my rankings are going to have to change and Hawthorne will be higher - in fact he might make it onto the big board

reason being the whole DT crop is just so underwhelming but when it's all said and done Hawthorne is probably the best big body on the board.

i've seen him play great i've also seen him play like crap - inconsistancy and a bad motor are two other qualities i hate

he has potential to be great. But that word "potential" has followed him around his entire career -

he was dominant at times as a junior and he plays in a bit of a running league so sacks aren't going to be plentiful regardless -

despite his fatness he's still a 5.1 guy at 320 and im going to have to raise him up - his good qualities are there - i've just spend so much time focusing on the flaws that make him NOT an elite prospect - at 26 however he could be good value. He's a player that i hope the JETS don't draft but if they do i can see the other side of the coin.

Archived