well do you guys have any suggestions

richarddavis220

My real concern is the O-line and in particular our atrocious RT. I am truly dumbfounded how Tanny did absolutely nothing to upgrade the RT position and depth of this unit. There were options available in free agency and the draft and he chose to do nothing. The offense's effeciency and cohesion all begins with a competent offensive line especially for a team that wants to ground and pound. It is obvious to most astute fans of this team that this unit will be the downfall of this team. Forget about Sanchez and Tebow and the questions surrounding both of them. It won't matter when they are running for their lives and there is no running game to speak of. After last years poor performance from this unit I am stunned and pissed off that an obvious need to upgrade is seen by everybody but management. 12 sacks allowed in 2 preseason games is unacceptable even if is just preseason. We saw this sh*t last year and it looks like Hunter is even worse than thought. Tannebaum should and will be fired after what I believe will be a year long embarrassing display from this unit.

You cant really suggest much. The odds of finding improvements on the waiver wire are remote. Other than putting Howard in for Hunter this pretty much is what it is. It comes down to coaching and being able to do something with the personnel you have on offense. If Sanchez is going to make the dunce throws the Jets cant be all conservative and expect to win. At that point you have to take a bunch of down the field chances and hope 1 big play gets you a score. If they can get him to be Alex Smith of 2011 then its just about doing enough up front to keep Sanchez from getting hit so hard that he coughs the ball up and finding ways to get Greene to stick his head down and hit the pile running. The team is what it is.

yep not going to find what we need in terms of RT but how hard to find a blocking TE??

Archived