Jets vs Steelers Recap - 27-10 Steelers

BlackDynamite

Interesting game, if an unhappy recap. Many good, and bad, things to take out of this one.....

1. Garrett McIntyre (Good): 4 tackles for loss? 2 sacks? Garrett, I never knew ye!

2. Run defense (Good): From close to 200 yards vs the Bills to 66 against the Steelers. But tackles were hard to come by in the fourth. The defense was tired at that point I think it's safe to say. We know the offense wasn't holding up their end after the first two drives.

3. Tebow/Wildcat (Good): Did provide a spark, which the regular offense quickly extinguished.....

1. Tackling (Bad): Jets missed at least 3 sacks on Big Ben. He must be the hardest QB to tackle in NFL history! Every week it's the same story.....

2. LaRon Landry (Bad): Missed a sack in the Red Zone that led to a Steeler TD, plus two personal fouls. He's gonna be feast-or-famine with his style of play......

3. Offense (Bad): First Two Drives - 151 Yards and 10 points. Rest of the game - less than 100 yards and 0 points. Santonio Holmes dropped at least 3 passes. Stephen Hill might as well have been selling popcorn in the second half. After the first batch of scripted plays, Sparano can't call the game on the fly.....

The Miami Dolphins make a nice pillow in South Beach for the Jets to land on. Stop Reggie Bush, and you stop the Dolphins. Revis should be back with Keller. SHOULDN'T be a problem.....

BD

We didn't play well, to be sure - but I knew we were going to win them all.

Rape_burger is the best in the business at eluding a pass rush. Don't know where to cease complimenting him and start cussing all of our horrific misses, but it's not a clear cut case for either argument.

Needless to say if we could have put him down half the times we had him dead and our receivers would have brought down a few more grabs - this game could have had a different outcome.

We didn't play well, to be sure - but I knew we were going to win them all.

Rape_burger is the best in the business at eluding a pass rush. Don't know where to cease complimenting him and start cussing all of our horrific misses, but it's not a clear cut case for either argument.

Needless to say if we could have put him down half the times we had him dead and our receivers would have brought down a few more grabs - this game could have had a different outcome.

I don't think we were as prepared for big ben as we should've been. We needed speedsters out there today, not slow ass bart scott and such. I think everyone took for granted that the steelers O line would be so horrific that we would be able to attack ben, but he really is the best improv qb in the league. As for the recievers, they need to create separation and just pull in those gimme catches. There was one play where the ball literally bounced off Holmes' hands. There are no excuses for a drop like that.

Interesting game, if an unhappy recap. Many good, and bad, things to take out of this one.....

1. Garrett McIntyre (Good): 4 tackles for loss? 2 sacks? Garrett, I never knew ye!

2. Run defense (Good): From close to 200 yards vs the Bills to 66 against the Steelers. But tackles were hard to come by in the fourth. The defense was tired at that point I think it's safe to say. We know the offense wasn't holding up their end after the first two drives.

3. Tebow/Wildcat (Good): Did provide a spark, which the regular offense quickly extinguished.....

1. Tackling (Bad): Jets missed at least 3 sacks on Big Ben. He must be the hardest QB to tackle in NFL history! Every week it's the same story.....

2. LaRon Landry (Bad): Missed a sack in the Red Zone that led to a Steeler TD, plus two personal fouls. He's gonna be feast-or-famine with his style of play......

3. Offense (Bad): First Two Drives - 151 Yards and 10 points. Rest of the game - less than 100 yards and 0 points. Santonio Holmes dropped at least 3 passes. Stephen Hill might as well have been selling popcorn in the second half. After the first batch of scripted plays, Sparano can't call the game on the fly.....

The Miami Dolphins make a nice pillow in South Beach for the Jets to land on. Stop Reggie Bush, and you stop the Dolphins. Revis should be back with Keller. SHOULDN'T be a problem.....

BD

McIntrye was a nice surprise although I think he blew a coverage on the first drive that led to 3 points. That ended up being the least of the Jets problems.

Archived