Did I miss.......and RB situation part 2.

Section 333

I know the general consensus here on JN is Pro-Tebow.

This is ridiculous. We're just not pro booing the guy when he runs onto the field. Big difference.

Is the Pro-Tebow theme here the reason that nobody mentioned it? Or did I miss it? So he gave us a spark with his run. Then he was keyed on for a nice Mcknight run. That should have been it. He cant throw, so the D already knows whats coming and are ready to blast Greene for a 6 yard loss. When Greene came in didn't everyone know what was coming? Im not bashing Tebow on this, just bashing the use of Tebow.

Sanchez was ineffective at that point in the game, and Tebow did give the team a spark. The six yard loss was unfortunate, but it happens. The Jets had a number of defensive plays for a loss, but that didn't stop the Steelers.

Frankly, I preferred the use of Tebow in this game to the way they threw him in in week one - which seemed superfluous to me. Here, they kept him in until it stopped working, then went back to Sanchez. I don't see a lot to complain about.

There were big issues with the WR's. Could not create space, and more importantly could not catch the ball. But I say the issues with the WR's are on the Running game. We are always put in obvious passing situations. Because of the lack of a running game, it is very hard to call plays.

Go ahead Shonne Green and Tim Tebow Deep throaters, tee off on me, Im ready. But regardless of what you all say, the running game is a BIG problem.

Again, this is silly. The Giants won the Super Bowl last year with the worst rushing offense in the NFL. If a team can throw the football, they can throw the football. It has nothing to do with the running game.

Unfortunately, the Jets aren't very good at throwing the football. Holmes is not a true #1, and needs pressure taken off of him to be successful. When the Jets' #2 WR is hurting, and their starting TE is out, they don't have anyone capable of that. The result is a tightly covered Holmes, and few other options. Sanchez has to put on his big boy pants and make do, though, because this year will likely determine his future with the Jets.

I'm done in this thread I just realized the OPs reason is that we got on him for booing tebow last week. That has nothing to do with my theory. Good day sir

*leaves thread feeling like and idiot. Heads to the chatroom where he feels safe

Thats coolJoe. I dont think you brought much to the discussion anyway. My post this morning had 0 to do with what transpired last week. But U go ahead to the chat room.

This is ridiculous. We're just not pro booing the guy when he runs onto the field. Big difference.

Sanchez was ineffective at that point in the game, and Tebow did give the team a spark. The six yard loss was unfortunate, but it happens. The Jets had a number of defensive plays for a loss, but that didn't stop the Steelers.

Frankly, I preferred the use of Tebow in this game to the way they threw him in in week one - which seemed superfluous to me. Here, they kept him in until it stopped working, then went back to Sanchez. I don't see a lot to complain about.

Again, this is silly. The Giants won the Super Bowl last year with the worst rushing offense in the NFL. If a team can throw the football, they can throw the football. It has nothing to do with the running game.

Unfortunately, the Jets aren't very good at throwing the football. Holmes is not a true #1, and needs pressure taken off of him to be successful. When the Jets' #2 WR is hurting, and their starting TE is out, they don't have anyone capable of that. The result is a tightly covered Holmes, and few other options. Sanchez has to put on his big boy pants and make do, though, because this year will likely determine his future with the Jets.

Really? You are gonna compare last years Giant team to This years Jets? That is the 2nd time you have said that we don't need a running game because of what the giants did. The Giants had 3 players that could get to the QB without blitzing. The Giants had Eli Manning. The Giants had 2 Wr's with big play making ability. They were able to overcome not having a good running game. We CANT. Your point was wrong last week when you responded to my knocks on Greene, and they are STILL dead wrong.

Thats coolJoe. I dont think you brought much to the discussion anyway. My post this morning had 0 to do with what transpired last week. But U go ahead to the chat room.

. I'm not here to add to the discussion anyway. I was brought in to fill the fat inbred hillbilly quota so the site didn't face legal action.

I just read this again. It infuriates me to the point that I am shaking while typing. Apples and Oranges Slats. You are taking the easy road by referencing the Giants. Quite frankly you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? You are gonna compare last years Giant team to This years Jets? That is the 2nd time you have said that we don't need a running game because of what the giants did. The Giants had 3 players that could get to the QB without blitzing. The Giants had Eli Manning. The Giants had 2 Wr's with big play making ability. They were able to overcome not having a good running game. We CANT. Your point was wrong last week when you responded to my knocks on Greene, and they are STILL dead wrong.

You were happy with my response to you about Greene, because I agreed that he's not much of a starting RB. I was complaining about Greene on this board long before you found it.

And no, these Jets aren't the Giants, or the Pats, or the Packers, or the Saints, or any number of other teams better equipped to throw the ball, but it doesn't make the point wrong. The worst rushing team in the NFL won the Super Bowl, you have to make an uphill case from there that the running game is even still relevant.

It's only relevant on the Jets because Sanchez has yet to live up to his #5 overall draft status, and Tebow is demonstrably worse at throwing a football.

Blaming the passing game on the RBs remains ridiculous. The RBs are their own problem.

.............anybody talking about the fact that when Sanchez came back in it was 2nd and 16?

I know the general consensus here on JN is Pro-Tebow. This to me was unacceptable. There aren't too many plays in the playbook for 2nd and 16. That was a big moment in the game. Basically doing this negates the 22 yard run by Tebow, and the Mcknight 12 yard run.

Is the Pro-Tebow theme here the reason that nobody mentioned it? Or did I miss it? So he gave us a spark with his run. Then he was keyed on for a nice Mcknight run. That should have been it. He cant throw, so the D already knows whats coming and are ready to blast Greene for a 6 yard loss. When Greene came in didn't everyone know what was coming? Im not bashing Tebow on this, just bashing the use of Tebow.

Tebow doesn't call the plays or decide when he plays. He comes in when he is told and leaves when he is told. While he was in there, he had a really nice run when nothing else was working. The 6 yard loss was hardly the only negative play of the game and with it second and long, the Jets brought their better passing quarterback back into the game. What is there to get upset about? Many teams use a version of the wildcat from time to time as a change of pace, we just happen to have the luxury of a QB running it rather than a wide receiver, running back or defensive back (Arizona).

You were happy with my response to you about Greene, because I agreed that he's not much of a starting RB. I was complaining about Greene on this board long before you found it.

And no, these Jets aren't the Giants, or the Pats, or the Packers, or the Saints, or any number of other teams better equipped to throw the ball, but it doesn't make the point wrong. The worst rushing team in the NFL won the Super Bowl, you have to make an uphill case from there that the running game is even still relevant.

It's only relevant on the Jets because Sanchez has yet to live up to his #5 overall draft status, and Tebow is demonstrably worse at throwing a football.

Blaming the passing game on the RBs remains ridiculous. The RBs are their own problem.

The RB being their own problem is fair. And I know you were with me on Greene. But you also tried that Giant angle last week as well. And It is 100% false. I dont care about the Giants, Saints, or any other team. On THIS team we cannot succeed without a good running game. Greene will not and can not provide that. The Point was and still is wrong. And I think you would have a hard time finding anyone to agree with it.

Tebow doesn't call the plays or decide when he plays. He comes in when he is told and leaves when he is told. While he was in there, he had a really nice run when nothing else was working. The 6 yard loss was hardly the only negative play of the game and with it second and long, the Jets brought their better passing quarterback back into the game. What is there to get upset about? Many teams use a version of the wildcat from time to time as a change of pace, we just happen to have the luxury of a QB running it rather than a wide receiver, running back or defensive back (Arizona).

again I wasnt picking on Tebow. It was the use of Tebow. Let him finish that series after the 6 yard loss. Dont put Sanchez back in in a 2nd and 16.

The RB being their own problem is fair. And I know you were with me on Greene. But you also tried that Giant angle last week as well. And It is 100% false. I dont care about the Giants, Saints, or any other team. On THIS team we cannot succeed without a good running game. Greene will not and can not provide that. The Point was and still is wrong. And I think you would have a hard time finding anyone to agree with it.

On THIS team we cannot succeed without a good running game because our QBs and WRs suck. That is Greene's fault too?

22+12=24. How does losing 6 yards negate the other 18 they gained? And you realize that Greene lost those yards and it very well could have been Sanchez handing the ball off to him on that play, right?

Not that it matters much at this point, but 22+12 is actually 34 (so they gained 28).

Not necessarily. On 2nd and 16 the mission is to make the 3rd down makable.

Hahhahahahahaha. If it's not a passing down then why are you so upset that Sanchez is in there? Leave Tebow out there so that...? What? He takes his lumps? So that Sanchez doesn't take the heat for the lack of a first down? What? Explain yourself. Please. Try.

So what's your solution. For this season. Seriously.

The Jets aren't finding a better RB until next year. Or not. They're not finding better linemen. You want to use that as an opportunity to bitch about your agenda for the rest of the year? Have at it. I'll respond every once in a while to point out what a silly little man you are, and then I'll move onto something else. The agenda bitch tends to bore me more quickly than other varieties.

The Jets were trying to get that running game spark by throwing in Tebow -and got it!- but because you really, really hate him that wasn't good, either.

So vent away. I'm hoping Keller comes back, Hill gets healthy, Schilens or Gates shows something, and that the Sanchez performance in week one wasn't a mirage. Because it's a passing league. The Jets need to be better at that to win.

again I wasnt picking on Tebow. It was the use of Tebow. Let him finish that series after the 6 yard loss. Dont put Sanchez back in in a 2nd and 16.

But you asked if the reason no one complained about it was because they liked Tebow which is foolish. We didn't complain because they tried something different, had some success and then switched back to the better passing option when it was needed. My only complaint with the whole thing was that we didn't try it again later in the game after two really nice gains.

So what's your solution. For this season. Seriously.

The Jets aren't finding a better RB until next year. Or not. They're not finding better linemen. You want to use that as an opportunity to bitch about your agenda for the rest of the year? Have at it. I'll respond every once in a while to point out what a silly little man you are, and then I'll move onto something else. The agenda bitch tends to bore me more quickly than other varieties.

The Jets were trying to get that running game spark by throwing in Tebow -and got it!- but because you really, really hate him that wasn't good, either.

So vent away. I'm hoping Keller comes back, Hill gets healthy, Schilens or Gates shows something, and that the Sanchez performance in week one wasn't a mirage. Because it's a passing league. The Jets need to be better at that to win.

If you think that I am using anything to push my own agenda then that stinks. I assure you that is not my intentions. And if thats how I come across then that really bothers me. I do not like having Tebow on this team, and I do not like our RB's. But I do not think just because I didnt like running Sanchez back out there on 2nd and 16 was pushing my agenda.

This is your first post that I have actually agreed with. When Sanchez went back in Pittsburgh was able to go back to the defense they were comfortable in, pin their ears back on the rush and play back against the obvious pass.

With Tebow's running and option ability, and the fact that Pitt remembers that he threw for over 300 yards last time they played him, they are now forced to cover every possibility.

Don't forget Tebow was in their heads so badly that all he had to do was take two steps outside and PItt called a timeout on a punt.

Does he pass as well as Sanchez? No, but he forces defenses out of their comfort zone, makes LBs and safeties respect the run, makes defenses dedicate a spy to himself and these things can all be helpful to a team whose receivers have trouble getting seperation on their own.

.............anybody talking about the fact that when Sanchez came back in it was 2nd and 16?

I know the general consensus here on JN is Pro-Tebow. This to me was unacceptable. There aren't too many plays in the playbook for 2nd and 16. That was a big moment in the game. Basically doing this negates the 22 yard run by Tebow, and the Mcknight 12 yard run.

Is the Pro-Tebow theme here the reason that nobody mentioned it? Or did I miss it? So he gave us a spark with his run. Then he was keyed on for a nice Mcknight run. That should have been it

OK, I can't agree with you. How many consecutive passes had Sanchez missed on by that point? 6, 7... 8? 9? I don't know, but it was a hell of a lot.

Regardless of down and distance, Sanchez should be happy that ANYONE produced some field position for him because he had tons of chances to do that himself and couldn't get anything done.

I think this is more about you being anti-Tebow than us being pro-Tebow.

If you think that I am using anything to push my own agenda then that stinks. I assure you that is not my intentions. And if thats how I come across then that really bothers me. I do not like having Tebow on this team, and I do not like our RB's. But I do not think just because I didnt like running Sanchez back out there on 2nd and 16 was pushing my agenda.

Last week you started threads about booing Tebow and having concerns about Greene. Then you posted a recap thread on the same two subjects. This week you start another thread complaining about Tebow and the running game. Why would anyone not think you had a specific axe to grind?

I think you are mistaking Jetnation's anti-Sanchez sentiment as being pro-Tebow. Don't worry if Tebow gets to play, we will be anti-Tebow, too.

That is entirely possible. To take it one step further, did you consider that my anti-Tebow has alot to do with me being pro-Sanchez? When Tebow came in the game vs. the Steelers I was ok with it. ( regardless that I do not want him on this team) Sanchez was playing like sh*t. I cheered when he ran for 22. I loved the spark it gave. I did have an issue when he came in vs. Buffalo. As did 90% of my section and the surrounding sections. Why use a change of pace gimmick while things are working well. Tebow was forced on us at that point. Not many on here can see where I am coming from. ( I am just the anti-Tebow guy) but do you at least see my point?

Last week you started threads about booing Tebow and having concerns about Greene. Then you posted a recap thread on the same two subjects. This week you start another thread complaining about Tebow and the running game. Why would anyone not think you had a specific axe to grind?

Topic dead. I am the anti-Tebow guy, as well as an anti-Greene guy. I will never be able to offer an objectionable opinion regarding Tebow or Greene without being accused of having an axe to grind. I wasnt happy with Greene vs. Buffalo, last week, or last year. I thought the running game was an issue vs. Pitt and I posted about it. I thought it was foolish to put Sanchez back in the game during a 2nd and 16. So I posted about that. Since you so closely follow my posting history, why didnt you reference my displeasure for the WR? I said they couldn't get separation, and couldn't hold onto the ball. But doesnt matter, I am forever known as the anti-Tebow guy. And the anti-Greene guy. I guess i may as well embrace it. Because I can see I wont be able to shake it.

That is entirely possible. To take it one step further, did you consider that my anti-Tebow has alot to do with me being pro-Sanchez? When Tebow came in the game vs. the Steelers I was ok with it. ( regardless that I do not want him on this team) Sanchez was playing like sh*t. I cheered when he ran for 22. I loved the spark it gave. I did have an issue when he came in vs. Buffalo. As did 90% of my section and the surrounding sections. Why use a change of pace gimmick while things are working well. Tebow was forced on us at that point. Not many on here can see where I am coming from. ( I am just the anti-Tebow guy) but do you at least see my point?

Ah, but there is a reason to use a "change of pace gimmick" while things are working. There are several. They could be trying out something new. They could be looking to set something up on film for a future play. For example, we always run a certain play out of a certain formation. They could be trying to see what D the team plays against certain formations - remember they do play the Bills again and things might be a little tighter up north. They might be trying to force the Steelers to prepare for certain plays and formations. And so on. And so on.

Topic dead. I am the anti-Tebow guy, as well as an anti-Greene guy. I will never be able to offer an objectionable opinion regarding Tebow or Greene without being accused of having an axe to grind. I wasnt happy with Greene vs. Buffalo, last week, or last year. I thought the running game was an issue vs. Pitt and I posted about it. I thought it was foolish to put Sanchez back in the game during a 2nd and 16. So I posted about that. Since you so closely follow my posting history, why didnt you reference my displeasure for the WR? I said they couldn't get separation, and couldn't hold onto the ball. But doesnt matter, I am forever known as the anti-Tebow guy. And the anti-Greene guy. I guess i may as well embrace it. Because I can see I wont be able to shake it.

Don't feel bad. Plenty of us find your opinions objectionable!

Ah, but there is a reason to use a "change of pace gimmick" while things are working. There are several. They could be trying out something new. They could be looking to set something up on film for a future play. For example, we always run a certain play out of a certain formation. They could be trying to see what D the team plays against certain formations - remember they do play the Bills again and things might be a little tighter up north. They might be trying to force the Steelers to prepare for certain plays and formations. And so on. And so on.

Don't feel bad. Plenty of us find your opinions objectionable!

Thanks for pointing out my typo. Obviously I meant "objective opinion."

Thanks for pointing out my typo. Obviously I meant "objective opinion."

I knew that, but it's too late to change it now!

As for my other point, that is why I was surprised that the O was so vanilla in the preseason. I understand not wanting to tip your hand, but there are millions of trick plays and bullsh*t you can try that you might never want to use. Showing it in the preseason can force teams to waste time preparing for fleaflickers, tackle eligibles and fublerooskis that aren't even in your playbook. Judging from how they started agains the Bills I will cut them some slack..

Archived