Jets running backs this year: Worst since 1976?

Joewillie2012

I can't remember when my team of 45 yrs the New york Jets has had such lame running backs--I went back and looked and I have to say 1976 when the starters were Ed Marinaro , Clark Gaines and Steve Davis and they weren't this bad as this group of Green , Powell and whoever? Bad ! Pro player personal? WHO is scouting these players? We have drafted 3 starters since 2009---Sanchez-Green and Wilkerson ? Wow, not even 5th team all pros---bad.

I can't remember when my team of 45 yrs the New york Jets has had such lame running backs--I went back and looked and I have to say 1976 when the starters were Ed Marinaro , Clark Gaines and Steve Davis and they weren't this bad as this group of Green , Powell and whoever? Bad ! Pro player personal? WHO is scouting these players? We have drafted 3 starters since 2009---Sanchez-Green and Wilkerson ? Wow, not even 5th team all pros---bad.

You hear that?? That my friend is the sweet sound of you preaching to the choir. I will warn you though, posts such as that will be met with resistance.

"I mean, didn’t you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag? Didn’t that give you some sort of clue like, ‘Hey, maybe this guy’s not enjoying it’? You know, everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle—your stories have none of that. They're not even amusing accidentally!

‘Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecdotes for you. Oh, and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it.’

I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, ‘How can you stand it?’ I'd say, ‘Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take anything."

And you know what they'd say? They'd say, ‘I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Whoa.’ It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you to have a little string on your chest that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back—you would. ‘Aah, aah, aah.’

And by the way, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea—have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the listener!”

"I mean, didn’t you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag? Didn’t that give you some sort of clue like, ‘Hey, maybe this guy’s not enjoying it’? You know, everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle—your stories have none of that. They're not even amusing accidentally!

‘Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecdotes for you. Oh, and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it.’

I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, ‘How can you stand it?’ I'd say, ‘Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take anything."

And you know what they'd say? They'd say, ‘I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Whoa.’ It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you to have a little string on your chest that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back—you would. ‘Aah, aah, aah.’

And by the way, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea—have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the listener!”

I hope that did not take you to much time.

i don't think you did much research. You completely skipped over the over-lapping eras of Adrian Murrell and Brad Baxter, as well as the years Blair Thomas was the team's leading rusher.

As for starters, there's Sanchez, Greene, Slauson, Conner, Wilson (for the rest of this season), Wilkerson, and Hill. That's three? Powell and Kerley will probably also do some starting this season.

copy it and paste it into google

Your post is #4 on the list.

First of all----we've played 3 games. lol Second of all, you could add Kyle Wilson and Stephen Hill and John Conner off the top of my head. We all know that Tannabum is an abomination and hopefully the Tebow debacle will be enough to disgrace him at the end of this, but let's not exaggerate. lmao

i don't think you did much research. You completely skipped over the over-lapping eras of Adrian Murrell and Brad Baxter, as well as the years Blair Thomas was the team's leading rusher.

As for starters, there's Sanchez, Greene, Slauson, Conner, Wilson (for the rest of this season), Wilkerson, and Hill. That's three? Powell and Kerley will probably also do some starting this season.

I know you don't wanna hear this Slats but you're becoming my favorite poster. lol How about Austin Howard? He was a draft FA, right? Ellis and Coples have definitely contributed (They probably should be starting) I forgot Kerly...starting slot receiver/PR. People have a warped view of other teams' "success" too. lol

Yeah, this post is officially way off base.

Archived