Karate Kid Mafia - Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy

Pac

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI, for those of you who are interested, I never said I thought Ape was town.  In fact, I was pretty adamant about killing the Ape even while hammering CTM.  SMC could have easily check this by searching the thread for "WWWWombat" and delving through the pleothora of results or by doing a partial reread (which I was able to do on a 10 year old computer), but apparently, he is more interested in making insinuations that won't stick to him than in actually scumhunting.

Vote: SMC

This plus Leelou. Glad to see someone else puttin' in work. 

I can't argue against either case. 

My read on you was town, maybe for wrong reason though? I though you were making a misdirection play when you came in guns blazing against me. Thought you were setting trapZZZ !!

Looking back I see Lily had said she wasn't going to be on until later today, so while I won't go there at this point, I'd definitely like to hear from her.  The whole Hess thing came across as sketchy to me, particularly since when she got called out on using his random comment after the opening day scene as the reason for her vote, she claimed to have already been suspicious of him, but gave no supporting reason why.

As far as the main trains go, I can see the point on Wombat as his hopping around near the end of the gladiator thing can definitely be seen as sketchy.  I think it's especially peculiar that he's now trying to use that exact same thing as evidence against other people as well.  Not sure how the hell that works.  As far as JVOR goes, there's not a whole lot to go on with him.  It seems to be pretty much based on that one post from him and while I may not completely agree with the post, it didn't strike me as particularly scummy either, as at the very least, I can see his point about the circumstances surrounding D1 being strange given CTM being a scum traitor.

Lol how did I "hop around"?  I've seen you, SMC, and Leelou all push this perception with no evidence whatsoever.

Here are the facts:

I voted the Ape saying I thought he was scum.

I subsequently reiterated my read on him.

I hammered CTM and asked the Vig/SK to shoot the Ape.

How exaclty is that hopping around?

Off the top of my head, I could see doing it as a tactic to draw out the doc by luring him him into pressuring you.

Yeah, when Hess first made the post - I thought he might be trying use the failed shot scene as a way to make himself look more town, with the obvious "I was wifom'ing" barf that followed.

If Hess is town, what was his goal? Draw another shot tonight?

If Hess is scum, what was his goal? Get either the vig/shooter to counter him, or whoever was shot to counter him?

I feel like there's more benefit to scum doing what he did.

This plus Leelou. Glad to see someone else puttin' in work. 

I can't argue against either case. 

My read on you was town, maybe for wrong reason though? I though you were making a misdirection play when you came in guns blazing against me. Thought you were setting trapZZZ !!

No, I legit thought you were scum.  I saw your challenge as more interested in vetting your role than in scumhunting, but I guess I was wrong on that.  We ended up getting a scum lynch and good info.

Lol how did I "hop around"?  I've seen you, SMC, and Leelou all push this perception with no evidence whatsoever.

Here are the facts:

You went from Ape to CTM.

BG voted CTM, but argued and pushed the train on Ape.

BG was more scummy, imo. 

JVOR is just as scummy for rationalizing that CTM's teammates would have voted Ape, if Ape was town, and then he votes Ape today instead of the people that voted Ape.

BG, JVOR, Lily, SMC or Leelou. 

This makes for a good list for D2. Yeah?

Yeah, when Hess first made the post - I thought he might be trying use the failed shot scene as a way to make himself look more town, with the obvious "I was wifom'ing" barf that followed.

If Hess is town, what was his goal? Draw another shot tonight?

If Hess is scum, what was his goal? Get either the vig/shooter to counter him, or whoever was shot to counter him?

I feel like there's more benefit to scum doing what he did.

I feel like that too, but Hess' D1 reads to me as legit conflicted townie.  His unvote and revote on CTM doesn't seem like something scum would risk doing.  Of course there's WIFOM involved in any kind of judgment like that, but I see his D1 as town.

As for claiming he was shot, I see no town benefit to it, but I think it may have been half a joke.  Hess has taken to jokingly claiming power roles the last few games regardless of his actual role.

No, I legit thought you were scum.  I saw your challenge as more interested in vetting your role than in scumhunting, but I guess I was wrong on that.  We ended up getting a scum lynch and good info.

It's fine, I think it worked like a trap - you got Lily to hop on my train and parrot you. Of the two of you I'd pick her as scum for subtle following your bravado every day, over your attention-grabbing vote.

I feel like that too, but Hess' D1 reads to me as legit conflicted townie.  His unvote and revote on CTM doesn't seem like something scum would risk doing.  Of course there's WIFOM involved in any kind of judgment like that, but I see his D1 as town.

As for claiming he was shot, I see no town benefit to it, but I think it may have been half a joke.  Hess has taken to jokingly claiming power roles the last few games regardless of his actual role.

Fair points.

Hess is off my list for now.

I also don't have a read on Sharrow, I think he's agreeing with 80's play and being obtuse for the lulz. I have no read on Crusher, and no read on Verbal obviously.

Still not sure who to crane kick

I'd say go with your gut as long as it's not telling you to shoot a PR claim or clear.  You could also wait until we have a consensus or larger trains.  Not sure how much time we have left or when you'll be on next, but I generally like to use vig shots as a second lynch if time permits.

Speaking of hinting. In games where scum has a traitor, don't they usually have a symp or extra member or diesel roles to make up for it?

Assuming by Traitor we mean something akin to Usurper, I prefer extra numbers.  Smallish scum team + bad Usurper play usually means a scum loss.  Learned that from my Dune game.

JIF feels like he's pandering to me. Minimal input D1, voted me early D1 when I was casing, before challenge, then during challenge I"m not sure what he did, but since then it's been "same page bro"

JIF never passes on the opportunity to ride the Ape when he's scum. 

I'd have to re-read but which of my top 4 did he follow me on today? I know he pushed JVOR as scummy.

JIF feels like he's pandering to me. Minimal input D1, voted me early D1 when I was casing, before challenge, then during challenge I"m not sure what he did, but since then it's been "same page bro"

I'd have to re-read but which of my top 4 did he follow me on today? I know he pushed JVOR as scummy.

Today JiF has complained about you vs BG, complained that the game was boring, and voted JVoY

Here are the facts:

The asking vig/SK thing doesn't really mean much to me.  That's nothing specific to you, it's just that it's simply used by people, regardless of alignment, to make a statement while not really doing anything, so it's kind of a null read as far as I'm concerned.

The point was that with a lynch being between two players, you were rather adamant about one being scum and yet were more than happy to hammer the other.  At the same time, you are giving other people crap for them flipping their votes late in the process in the same manner.  It's true, you didn't suddenly make a statement suddenly retracting your entire prior position, but when does anybody do that?

Gross Danielson hinting.

NOPE

Also good thing you said that

I went back to read my role PM and apparently I was supposed to announce who I am so here it goes

I am Hothead Horish*to

I have perfected the Crane Kick and it's getting used on someone today

This was a simple man..  certainly not someone anyone would describe as well versed. 

The one thing he had been able to master was a kick..  the kind that ends lives and destroys dreams.  And here he stands..  fresh from perfecting it's devastating effects, he searches for someone to use it on.

Speaking of hinting. In games where scum has a traitor, don't they usually have a symp or extra member or diesel roles to make up for it?

Assuming by Traitor we mean something akin to Usurper, I prefer extra numbers.  Smallish scum team + bad Usurper play usually means a scum loss.  Learned that from my Dune game.

Last time I remember there being a traitor was EY's Dawn of the Dead game waaaaaaaay back.  I don't think I played in the Dune game and it's possible there have been others that I don't remember, but in that one, the scum team was given a one-time, unblockable conversion ability.  So yeah, I think there would typically be something done to offset the traitor.

To be clear, I am going to kill someone today and I have no idea who's who or what's what

If you want to convince me someone needs to die now is the time to do it

Is your ability one-time and day only? Did you start the game with this ability or earn it?

This was a simple man..  certainly not someone anyone would describe as well versed. 

The one thing he had been able to master was a kick..  the kind that ends lives and destroys dreams.  And here he stands..  fresh from perfecting it's devastating effects, he searches for someone to use it on.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Nolder's claim may just be legit.

I was in Cancun D1.  Voted you on a catch up but it was a lulz vote.  When I got back on Sat night, caught up reading and saw the obvious play to vote CTM during the challenge.

We've definitely been viewing the game similarly but I believe we have a different top 3.  Mine are wbat, jvor and sharrow.  Though wbat is looking good in his return.  Not sure if any of those are in your top 4. 

Archived