averages 38-599-8 per season

Eifert:

6'5 1/2 250

40 time: 4.68

vert: 35 1/2

BP: 22

140-1840-11 in (3) seasons

averages 47-613-4 per season

You can't do those kind of comparisons though. There are so many more variables than that. Show me a scouting report that says Eifert has a Gronk like upside. There isn't one. 

I saw scouting reports that said that Eifert's best NFL comparison right now is Dennis Pitta. Would you draft Dennis Pitta in the first round?

I've seen him compared to Gronk. He's being drafted in the first round no matter what. Whether or not that's the Jets remains to be seen but if you can draft a day 1 starter in the first round you do it. Especially at a position of need and a difference maker.

I've seen him compared to Gronk. He's being drafted in the first round no matter what. Whether or not that's the Jets remains to be seen but if you can draft a day 1 starter in the first round you do it. Especially at a position of need and a difference maker.

Give me Travis Kelcie in the 3rd or late 2nd any day. 

You can't do those kind of comparisons though. There are so many more variables than that. Show me a scouting report that says Eifert has a Gronk like upside. There isn't one. 

You can't? Ok whatever. Interesting I didn't even have a comment or opinion though you immediately thought I was siding with Carl. The numbers are what they are and are absolutely significant. Of course there's a ton of other variables to consider. Some are pros and cons for both.  I'm not sure if Eifert could be considered as good of a prospect as Gronk. I believe Gronk put up those two seasons as a freshman and sophomore and (I think) had some sort of injury heading into the draft? That said, it's not like Eifert isn't in the same discussion or ballpark as a prospect. 

He might be a reach at 9 or 13 but interestingly enough, who isn't this year? I'm not sure if it's the actual draft class or the, all the sudden, overwhelming focus the draft is getting nowadays. 

I don't know how you justify taking Eifert higher than Gronk, Graham, Hernandez or Gates when he isn't as good as any of them...

Oh ok. Well which tight end who is better than those guys should we take and what round is appropriate? That's like saying the colts shouldn't have picked Andrew luck until the 6th round because he isn't as good as Tom Brady.

Oh ok. Well which tight end who is better than those guys should we take and what round is appropriate? That's like saying the colts shouldn't have picked Andrew luck until the 6th round because he isn't as good as Tom Brady.

I said I wanted Kelcie in the late 2nd round a few posts back. I love that value.

Archived