UDFA Spotlight: Rontez Miles-Safety

Villain The Foe

Likes to hit. from the video his Footwork seems sloppy and his cuts are slow.  He's got the right attitude it looks like. It would be nice if he made the PS.

I noticed the footwork as well. I seen another video where it was a bit more noticeable. Seems like he's going to trip over himself at times. I'll tell you this though, if he squares you up, you're gonna lose. 

He's a Landry clone fo sho, and I would bet Rex loves this kid.  He is a little slow to recognize the play, but when he has a specific assignment (ala blitz), look out!  He made a lot of those big hits way down the field, but nobody is getting by him, so that's a plus.  Should have a real shot at making the roster if he can acclimate himself to the speed of the NFL quickly and excel on STs.

his technical game needs work i would agree. but he seems like he has something other D2 players dont have. in the highlight he looks like a man among boys.

I actually thought the same thing. He looks sloppy and all that but he seems like he is in a different league than the guys he's playing.   There's a positive and a negative to that.  It could mean that he is meant to play with a higher level of competition. More likely is that the big fish in the small pond moves to the bigger pond and gets eaten. We shall see. He's more than worth a look.

I noticed the footwork as well. I seen another video where it was a bit more noticeable. Seems like he's going to trip over himself at times. I'll tell you this though, if he squares you up, you're gonna lose. 

It's a true project.  I am looking forward to some of the younger guys from last years crop stepping up this season. Allen most of all.

A guy who can run and hit and is raw?  Hmmm... sounds like he might be a good special teamer.  That was a problem with carrying all those vets.  Almost none of the safeties or LBs last year were worth much on specials.  I have heard that Eric Smith was a good special teamer, but I did not see it.  

his technical game needs work i would agree. but he seems like he has something other D2 players dont have. in the highlight he looks like a man among boys.

The bold...^^^

He's a Landry clone fo sho, and I would bet Rex loves this kid.  He is a little slow to recognize the play, but when he has a specific assignment (ala blitz), look out!  He made a lot of those big hits way down the field, but nobody is getting by him, so that's a plus.  Should have a real shot at making the roster if he can acclimate himself to the speed of the NFL quickly and excel on STs.

and this.^^^

Dude likes contact. Could be good situational / special teams player. 

Archived