nfl.com sucks for finding video highlights of a specific game

kelticwizard

Was looking for the video highlights of a specific game last season.  Went to nfl.com.

A few years ago it was easy, you would go to your team and they would tell which games they had video highlights for.

Now with six things all jumping around at once, I couldn't even come close to finding the highlights.

Does anyone know how I can find the video highlights of specific games last year for the Jets?

Was looking for the video highlights of a specific game last season.  Went to nfl.com.

A few years ago it was easy, you would go to your team and they would tell which games they had video highlights for.

Now with six things all jumping around at once, I couldn't even come close to finding the highlights.

Does anyone know how I can find the video highlights of specific games last year for the Jets?

Youtube?

Its still a piece of cake. Open game stats for a Jets player that played that year and then click on the video icon for the game highlight you want to see. takes no more than 90 seconds.

Much thanks for all your replies.  I tried YouTube and got the video, but it was blurry like it was the copy of a copy of a copy.

I followed j4jets' instructions and it came up.  Now I know where to find highlights.

Much appreciated.

which game?

Fifth game of the season, Oct 8, Monday night vs. Texans.

Tebow mad a long throw out of the wildcat and seemingly hit Jason Hill perfectly, but it was incomplete.  Shortly after, Tebow was not allowed to throw out of the wildcat, which then became ineffective, and I've always felt that if this pass were complete things might have turned out differently for the wildcat, Tebow and the Jets' season.

As for the play itself, I always thought Hill dropped it, the announcer seems to think Hill dropped it, but I took a still exactly when the ball came down and it looked like the DB made a great play.

You can judge by the still, and take a look at the highlights, the play starts at 0.23, the still was taken at 0.31.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012100800/2012/REG5/texans@jets/watch#menu=highlights&tab=recap

It looked like Tebow hit Hill perfectly, and it was an excellent pass, but it also was clear that Hill was running about 4 or 5 feet ahead of the defender for several strides and the defender could only close and make the play when Hill had to slow down slightly to make the catch.

Sometimes really great receivers in such situations slow down slightly as the ball comes down then accelerate into the catch to prevent interference from the defender, but that is usually considered a great play when they can do that.

post-8744-0-75235900-1367639645_thumb.jp

Fifth game of the season, Oct 8, Monday night vs. Texans.

Tebow mad a long throw out of the wildcat and seemingly hit Jason Hill perfectly, but it was incomplete.  Shortly after, Tebow was not allowed to throw out of the wildcat, which then became ineffective, and I've always felt that if this pass were complete things might have turned out differently for the wildcat, Tebow and the Jets' season.

As for the play itself, I always thought Hill dropped it, the announcer seems to think Hill dropped it, but I took a still exactly when the ball came down and it looked like the DB made a great play.

You can judge by the still, and take a look at the highlights, the play starts at 0.23, the still was taken at 0.31.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012100800/2012/REG5/texans@jets/watch#menu=highlights&tab=recap

It looked like Tebow hit Hill perfectly, and it was an excellent pass, but it also was clear that Hill was running about 4 or 5 feet ahead of the defender for several strides and the defender could only close and make the play when Hill had to slow down slightly to make the catch.

Sometimes really great receivers in such situations slow down slightly as the ball comes down then accelerate into the catch to prevent interference from the defender, but that is usually considered a great play when they can do that.

Looked like a terrific throw to me.  For that distance (>30 yards from the LOS and nearly 40 yards in the air) it's plenty accurate.  Hill didn't look like he broke stride much.  It was a much better pass than the one Brad Smith underthrew to Cotchery in the AFCCG anyway, that a couple of people were just fawning over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK7xGm2SnA 

(skip to 1:33).  

Archived