Leelou's Princess Bride Mafia - Game thread

Leelou

Your reasoning for voting me earlier today via thread was the wifom that I would have voted Pac.

I wasn't surprised for the vote but was for the reasoning. Wombat did the same thing. Seemed weird.

Now you're giving other reasons which is fine.

I'm also not ignoring the AVM/Ishy thing.

What's pinging me is that you seem extremely definitive about it all as if you know why's going on. Chillax.

I'm always over-defensive. Sometimes when life is more stressful, it gets worse. GFY

Regarding Wombat... The logic IS definitive enough for me. Scum lost 1 player on D1, why would they sacrifice 2 players to take out Wombat now? I can't think of any scenario where that makes any sense whatsoever. I'm ignoring all the talk at this point, my vote is where it is because scum wouldn't allow their team to lose 3 players in order to take out a limited protection role. 

As for my FOS list, it is what it is. Sometimes it's all scum reads, sometimes it's a mix of scum reads and power role reads. Sometimes the most arguing I do in a game is with the person I've got the strongest town read on (see: Slats, CTM). My list is my list. If you want to know who I want dead, look at how I case people. Darthe pinged me HUGE on D1, I cased him, it was rooted in his statements being illogical and contradictory. 

I am the best D1 scum hunter in the game. Period. It's after D1 that I usually flake out. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are buying time, nothing else.

@Ape:  I'm trying to multiple pressure (see Crusher last night), but as you've said before if you know someone is scum you push like hell against that person.  Crusher certainly looks even worse IMO today as he continues to try and push Nolder when that shouldn't be the question.  He's sitting off on the side line, not having to get involved in this ordeal while pushing another train hoping someone gets stupid and jumps over.

That said, tomorrow is for Crusher or whoever else.

Me...asking Ishy to explain.

You...asking either to clarify.

The only difference...I like my facts confirmed...facts are stubborn...another dead old guy quote...John Adams if you're wondering...anyway...facts confirmed by the particulars not the assumptions of an Ape...so yeah...let's string up Wombat after AVM and Ishy detail their relationship.

Fair enough. AVM's response to me was confirmation enough, I was okay with the soft-reveal from them. 

Hey guys.

I'm very busy at work right now so I'm not sure I'm getting everything right here.

What I understand of the situation is:

At least one of Ishy and Wombat is lying. Somehow AVM claims that he knows what's the score.

If Ishy is lying, that should mean he must be doing it to take Wombat down. 
But how does AVM enter the picture in that case? He's unlikely be on a scum team with Ishy, I can't see how that would be worth it for them.

If Wombat is lying, that should mean that he just made some BS up on day 1 to save his ass. Also, that also means he's making more BS up today.

Which side to believe?
Well, even though Ishy + AVM did no claim (expect for Wombat's lying), I find it much more likely that Wombat's the liar here. While his story was completely believable day 1 (my impression was that he only got attention because he started taking this seriously first and his story made sense), his reactions day 2 just stink. Where is this conversion story coming from? Worse, what's up with his threat of missing a day phase if we lynch him? Why would his death mean a skipped phase? That was the Beloved Princess, not him?

So we have three options now. A) lynch Wombat, B) lynch Ishy, or C) lynch someone else. My logic says we should do C), but my experience says that no one ever does that, with claims and counterclaims it's usually decided right there.

Anyway, I'll be around - more or less. SI the deadline in two hours?

Why do you DM folks always have to play the have to work now card...I'm mean really?

Who are you voting now anyway?

Vote Count: 

Wombat (6) - AVM, Ishy, Nol, Lily, Ape, Hess

Nol (3) - Crushlove, JC, Mish
Hess (1) - JiF

Ishy (1) - Wombat

Mish (1) - csalami

Not voting: 80

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline - Monday 3 pm est

Final Vote Count: 

Wombat (7) - AVM, Ishy, Nol, Lily, Ape, Hess, JC

Nol (2) - Crushlove, Mish
Hess (1) - JiF

Ishy (1) - Wombat

Mish (1) - csalami

Deadline - Monday 3 pm est

You idiots?  What, you're not one of us now?  

DM'er fag.

Lulza - your participation level is fine.  Just seems that you're fixated on 2 players after catching up this morning.  Thats it. Thats all.  That's a direct response to your play, not your activity level.  When I say "beating the grass" I'm not referring to your domination of the post count but more so your flinging of FOS's everywhere and anywhere...which you can certainly do at the level of activity your putting in.

And I really could give a sh*t about what game you played with who and some fantasy land site and who played great and what their alignment was...it means nothing to me or this game. 

That's fine. I'd suggest you fill in the gaps on your catching up then, because I've certainly not been fixed on 2 players. I've been doing my thing, but the reality is on D1 Darthe showed his ass, while my vote was on him I continued to press on Hess and Mish. In fact, 80 called me on not following through to D2 on Mish, because I went after Lily today.

Today I've been more focused on Lily, Hess, Jetscode, Crusher, to a lesser extent watching Mish. I voted a couple people, can't remember who. I was actually getting ready to dig my heels in on Lily over Nolder, but when I caught up and saw AVM and Ishy sort of countering Wombat last night, I though it was a forgone conclusion, because of the logic. Scum isn't going to give over 2 more of their team to get Wombat dead. Not gonna happen. 

My conclusion, Wombat has to be lying. He didn't exactly help himself with the hysterics about cult. 

We've had 2 easy days, and I've done more pressuring than anyone. So, while I may not be 110% Ape, I'm still out-working the rest of the field. Get your facts straight next time you re-read. 

People are buying time, nothing else.

@Ape:  I'm trying to multiple pressure (see Crusher last night), but as you've said before if you know someone is scum you push like hell against that person.  Crusher certainly looks even worse IMO today as he continues to try and push Nolder when that shouldn't be the question.  He's sitting off on the side line, not having to get involved in this ordeal while pushing another train hoping someone gets stupid and jumps over.

That said, tomorrow is for Crusher or whoever else.

I sorta disagree, Crusher still deserves some attention, but he didn't flail at all today. Town crusher is stable, even if wrong. Scum crusher, flails. I feel a bit better about him now that I went back and forth with him. 

I feel worse about whatever it is Hess and Jetscode are doing, and Lily's response to my pressure was awful disgusting.

Why do you DM folks always have to play the have to work now card...I'm mean really?

Who are you voting now anyway?

Not a clue. I expected to have some time at work today, but we've got full scale sh*t. I play the "I have to work card" cause I have to work.

I have my vote at Mish right now. I haven't moved it yet.

Vote Count: 

Wombat (5) - AVM, Ishy, Nol, Lily, Ape

Nol (3) - Crushlove, JC, Mish

Hess (1) - JiF

Ishy (1) - Wombat

Lily (1) - Hess

Mish (1) - csalami

Deadline - Monday 3 pm est -- are you guy good with it or want me to move it to Tuesday? 

Vote Wbat

unvote vote Wombat

Unvote, Vote WWWWombat.

Did JIF just pull the CTM head-fake? He didn't unvote and these two pigs couldn't wait to hammer.

Not a clue. I expected to have some time at work today, but we've got full scale sh*t. I play the "I have to work card" cause I have to work.

I have my vote at Mish right now. I haven't moved it yet.

Avoided the decision.  Typical...welcome to JN.  Honeymoon over.

That's fine. I'd suggest you fill in the gaps on your catching up then, because I've certainly not been fixed on 2 players. I've been doing my thing, but the reality is on D1 Darthe showed his ass, while my vote was on him I continued to press on Hess and Mish. In fact, 80 called me on not following through to D2 on Mish, because I went after Lily today.

Today I've been more focused on Lily, Hess, Jetscode, Crusher, to a lesser extent watching Mish. I voted a couple people, can't remember who. I was actually getting ready to dig my heels in on Lily over Nolder, but when I caught up and saw AVM and Ishy sort of countering Wombat last night, I though it was a forgone conclusion, because of the logic. Scum isn't going to give over 2 more of their team to get Wombat dead. Not gonna happen. 

My conclusion, Wombat has to be lying. He didn't exactly help himself with the hysterics about cult. 

We've had 2 easy days, and I've done more pressuring than anyone. So, while I may not be 110% Ape, I'm still out-working the rest of the field. Get your facts straight next time you re-read. 

STFU you douchebag.  I was catching up this morning.  It was an observation.  I say things for a reason.  I never was doing anything other than voting wbat. 

Did JIF just pull the CTM head-fake? He didn't unvote and these two pigs couldn't wait to hammer.

Haha.  Forgot about unvoting...but I definitely was planning on putting him at L-1 for this reason.  

I'd say our votes were meaningless. I seriously thought I was hammering just to get on with the inevitable tbh.

I just wanted to hammer...was waiting for him to get to L-1...would have done it last night...but the dirty rotten sea chicken bailed...another questionable action by 80...guy makes plenty of them.

I sorta disagree, Crusher still deserves some attention, but he didn't flail at all today. Town crusher is stable, even if wrong. Scum crusher, flails. I feel a bit better about him now that I went back and forth with him. 

I feel worse about whatever it is Hess and Jetscode are doing, and Lily's response to my pressure awful disgusting.

Fair enough.  Hess today was quite unexpected, and I commented on JC last night.  Lilys "oops, nevermind!" post where she voted for Wom actually struck me as town Lily, so we're just reading her differently at this point but I never read her well.

After the ordeal with the eels, you found out you were the one that had to climb to the top of the Cliffs of Insanity and haul the horses up by harness. 10 hours later you are all finally up to the top...

Prince Humperdinck reenacts a sword fight that took place at the top of the cliff. 

Humperdinck: There was a mighty duel. It ranged all over. They were both masters.
Count Rugen: Who won? How did it end? 
Humperdinck: The loser ran off alone, and the winner followed those footprints toward Guilder...
Count Rugen: Shall we track them both?
Humperdink: The loser is nothing. Only the princess matters. Clearly this was all planned by warriors of Guilder! We must all be ready for whatever lies ahead.
Count Rugen: Could this be a trap?
Humperdink: I always think everything could be a trap. That is why I am still alive. 

​While they were distracted reenacting the sword fight, the group came to a decision as to who is guilty. AVM and Ishy dragged Wombat kicking and screaming to the edge of the cliff. JC pulled out a Playboy magazine to torture wombat. Wombat got one look at the magazine, fainted and plummeted to his death down the cliffs onto the shore.  

Wombat, Prince Humperdink - mafia goon, is dead. It is now night. 

I just wanted to hammer...was waiting for him to get to L-1...would have done it last night...but the dirty rotten sea chicken bailed...another questionable action by 80...guy makes plenty of them.

To be fair...this did strike me as odd behavior by 80.  I was almost certain he unvoted either to screw with Wombat (as wom alluded to) or so he could be the hammer vote when it inevitably came last night...even though it never did, lol.

STFU you douchebag.  I was catching up this morning.  It was an observation.  I say things for a reason.  I never was doing anything other than voting wbat. 

Haha.  Forgot about unvoting...but I definitely was planning on putting him at L-1 for this reason.  

I like how at first you were like "I do things for reasons!!!" and then you were like "oops I forgot".

<3 you idiot.

Fair enough.  Hess today was quite unexpected, and I commented on JC last night.  Lilys "oops, nevermind!" post where she voted for Wom actually struck me as town Lily, so we're just reading her differently at this point but I never read her well.

I'll defer to others on reading Hess, I can't do it. 

Lily isn't reading as town to me at all right now, and my buddy JC is pinging like grossness right now.

I like how at first you were like "I do things for reasons!!!" and then you were like "oops I forgot".

<3 you idiot.

That was a legitimate **** up.  lol  Just forgot to unvote....for some reason I didnt think I was voting anyone.  Oh well.  We did good.  That was an obvious fake by wbat.  The fear mongering was a dead give away.

I'll defer to others on reading Hess, I can't do it. 

Lily isn't reading as town to me at all right now, and my buddy JC is pinging like grossness right now.

Crusher is my 1, JC my 2.  Had Hess as a town read....not sure how I feel about him today.

80s vote wombat post was typical 80 as town.  I was actually sitting at my laptop waiting as he started posting and thought to myself "if he doesnt have an exuberant post jumping on wombat he's scum."  The unvote and disappearance is odd, though.

I do want to say this though, and it's important to remember -- there are plenty of people staying hidden right now.  Mish, salami, and obviously I think Crush too.

Crusher is my 1, JC my 2.  Had Hess as a town read....not sure how I feel about him today.

80s vote wombat post was typical 80 as town.  I was actually sitting at my laptop waiting as he started posting and thought to myself "if he doesnt have an exuberant post jumping on wombat he's scum."  The unvote and disappearance is odd, though.

I do want to say this though, and it's important to remember -- there are plenty of people staying hidden right now.  Mish, salami, and obviously I think Crush too.

Mish caught my attention on D1, tied to Darthe. Admittedly, I need to revisit it. I can't ******* remember what it was, I'd forget to poop these days if there wasn't a hole in my butt.

Archived