Leelou's Princess Bride Mafia - Game thread

Leelou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW -- JN lost my long list of quotes, but I do remember:

1 -- I wanted to +1 that Ishy is a great addition

4 -- Hess is the man. Me, Hess, Ishy. We're not the hobbits, we're just f***ing awesome.

1--Thanks dude.

4--QFT

Me too. I only get to play the good JiF games.

Also, JiF and Hess should collaborate at some point. It would be horrifying and awesome.

You should check with Hess, he may not have the same expectations for "collaboration" that Jif has

Which is what I've been saying. I've been calling then the smart ones but I just mean the more logical, pragmatic players...SMC, Slats, BG, CTM, Sharrow, JVOR/Dan aren't playing anymore. Kills what was a more diverse group. JC is in that group though and some of the old school players help make up for some of that but those players tend not to post as much. It's just the tards playing but now Nol and Darthe have heaviky added to the tard factor.

Tards like me work better when their is more of the logical players playing.

I think AVM and Vic's fusion came from them being able to play both ways. I'd put WombAt and DPR in that group too.

I try to play much less tard then I use to bc in the beginning I was really the only one breaking all the rules the collective group played by but now we have enough players playing like that I've actually tried to tone it down frankly bc it doesn't work as much anymore as the tard factor is diluted.

Lol.

I was kind of upset when I first read this but I thought about it and yeah, I do play like a tard here. I'm not trying to call myself a good player because I don't think I am really (I have my moments but they are few and far between) but when I play here I play for fun and fun only. That doesn't mean I'm not trying to win but I will almost always say and do things I wouldn't normally to try and get a laugh out of everyone. I think that's what attracts me to games here, they're fun. Even when DM wasn't as sh*tty as it is now there was a level of seriousness there that was really a turn off.

Another reason I tend to act dumb here is because I used to play 3+ games at once and I just wasn't able to put in the kind of effort that playing 1 game at a time can get you. Anyone that says they can give multiple games their full attention is a liar. They may be able to give the games equal attention but the amount of effort they put into each game is lower than if they were only in one.

I've since burnt myself out though so I plan on only doing 1 or at most 2 games at a time from now on. I feel better giving one game my full attention than several games pieces of it.

FTR, I wasnt saying I'm a logical player.  I think that JN in general is more than other players.  I'm all instincts.  But I use logic to make decisions on my instincts.

The way I usually play when I'm playing serious is I poke and prod a little and watch people as much as possible. I will note things I like and things I dislike. If something someone did really bothers me or if I've noticed them a lot in a negative way I'll zero in on them even if I don't have any kind of logical case. It may be something like the way someone phrased a joke or even the time of the joke or whatever. Nothing you can pin on them but I'll stick with them and try to find better scumtells to justify my position as I go along.

Now that style of play is dangerous because a lot of townies play scummy even without realizing it and starting with a conclusion and trying to fill in your case after the fact is kind of a bad way to go about things but it's just how I roll. I don't think I've ever really used this style here though.

What I'm getting at with these posts is, would you guys like it if I took playing more seriously here? Since I'm not going to play in so many games at once anymore I wont be burning myself out and I can put in more effort into games. I'm kind of an a$$hole when I play seriously so I dunno, might not be as fun but I think it'd make for better games maybe. I'll give it a try anyway and you guys can see what I mean. Except not in JiF's game, I'm just gonna act like I usually do for that game since I'm still kind of burnt out and I don't want to jump right into playing serious so soon after DPR's ghost game.

Archived